Thread: rust spots on leaves

Thanks

Default rust spots on leaves

could anyone tell me what this is

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...1&d=1236709774

this is from a ww 4 weeks in flower and it is only on a couple of fan leaves on 1 plant, the other plants are fine.
    they have been fed only once 1ml biobizz bloom - 1ltr tap water which is stood 24hrs.

cheers rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6300035.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	3325  

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

The leaf itself looks healthy so personally i don't think it's any form of deficiency, do you foliar spray, if so when and with what?
    As it's just on 2 leaves i wouldn't worry too much just yet mate.
    If it were me i'd remove the affected leaves and watch for any further developments before adding any more chemicals to the soil.

Thanks

cheers for the reply.

i did remove the leaves and the rest of the plant is looking good so am not panickin just yet. i never foilar feed, do you think i should?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robg42 View Post
    cheers for the reply.

i did remove the leaves and the rest of the plant is looking good so am not panickin just yet. i never foilar feed, do you think i should?
    Good to hear the plants looking good now!
    Some growers are not keen to spray their plants while other growers recommend it. Personally i foliar spray with seaweed extract once a week, every week for the entire grow, with excellent results! Foliar spraying is also a great way to introduce things like epsom salts to your plants, inturn reducing the risk of salt/toxin build up in the soil.

Worth a try mate!

Thanks

do i have to wait till till the light off or could i spray them say 30 mins b4 lights out. only i have sprayed in the past and burnt my plants, thats rthe reason why i stopped spraying.

cheers rob

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

I wouldn't risk spraying your plants if your using an HID at least while the lights are on. I would spreay like 5 minutes before the lights go off if you can. You could also get a green light and spray in the dark without problems...

Your problem looks alot like a calcium lock out issue I had. I had to leech (flush) the soil, unfortunatly the dots didn't disappear but the leafs stayed alive...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robg42 View Post
    do i have to wait till till the light off or could i spray them say 30 mins b4 lights out. only i have sprayed in the past and burnt my plants, thats rthe reason why i stopped spraying.

cheers rob
    As Frankz says mate, never spray your plants with the light's on....the beads of water on the leaves will act as tiny magnifying glasses and will intensify the light, causing 'burning' to the leaves.
    Spray just after light's out and all will be dry by the time the light's come back on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X_Hoody-Frankz_X View Post
    Your problem looks alot like a calcium lock out issue I had. I had to leech (flush) the soil, unfortunatly the dots didn't disappear but the leafs stayed alive...
    I would concur with this, had similar caused by chalky high PH water used, so flushing wasn't a good solution either though.

Definitely worth checking soil and water PH before trying to "fix" anything regarding nute burn/deficiencies, if they are locked out anyway, no amount of adding them will help and often make matters worse locking out other nutrients.

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    I would concur with this, had similar caused by chalky high PH water used, so flushing wasn't a good solution either though.

Definitely worth checking soil and water PH before trying to "fix" anything regarding nute burn/deficiencies, if they are locked out anyway, no amount of adding them will help and often make matters worse locking out other nutrients.

well I am glad somebody with your experience and knowledge has some agreement with me...

I had a hell of a time finding anything that even looked close to my issue. I looked at the plant abuse, (calcium pics are way to f*ing small on that thing imo) I looked all over, I went to goodle images and typed every deficeincy I could find... Then after searching one night I found 2 or 3 pics tied to a thread about Cal Def, and I almost shat bricks....LOL (tie in to another thread)... but remain pretty confident that those necrosis dots are a calcium issue... When I thought about it logically there could have been no way it was under cal as its rare in soil growing and growing pot in general from what I have read, so the next logical step was lock out... Why would I have lock out... AH HA my city has hard water, my buddy lives in an apartment building making it worse... Turns out our hardwater is high on MG as opposed to being balanced between Ca and Mg... So there it was... a light bulb went off... and After Tetrahydrocanna's issue that looked exactly the same I knew it was the EC in the water that caused the lock out...

Peace

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by X_Hoody-Frankz_X View Post
    well I am glad somebody with your experience and knowledge has some agreement with me...

I had a hell of a time finding anything that even looked close to my issue. I looked at the plant abuse, (calcium pics are way to f*ing small on that thing imo) I looked all over, I went to goodle images and typed every deficeincy I could find... Then after searching one night I found 2 or 3 pics tied to a thread about Cal Def, and I almost shat bricks....LOL (tie in to another thread)... but remain pretty confident that those necrosis dots are a calcium issue... When I thought about it logically there could have been no way it was under cal as its rare in soil growing and growing pot in general from what I have read, so the next logical step was lock out... Why would I have lock out... AH HA my city has hard water, my buddy lives in an apartment building making it worse... Turns out our hardwater is high on MG as opposed to being balanced between Ca and Mg... So there it was... a light bulb went off... and After Tetrahydrocanna's issue that looked exactly the same I knew it was the EC in the water that caused the lock out...

Peace

Yeah I only bothered to look deeper after finding nothing similar and nobody sounding too sure when asked, all said it was something different and so I did same needle in haystack research. Also though, mandalaseeds site has/had a page all about ferts/nutes and how they are all too strong when applied by most growers because the doses given in feeding guides are when added to RO water (though many manufacturers fail to mention it), which few of us use, the high EC/TDS of some tapwater/bottled water throws the whole balance out. That information made a few things click regarding nute burn/probs as well as their information regarding why using more than minimal perlite in soil mix complicates things further