Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Metal Detectors

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,010 Times

Default Metal Detectors

Just wondering if any members on here enjoy a bit of detecting, as it finally stopped raining this morning i hit the local common, should have worn my gloves, after half an hour couldnt feel my finger tips or make a roll up, but i found a really nice copper Boy Scout woggle and about £3.50 and 6 old coins pennys etc, anyone else into treasure hunting......
    <a href=https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10866&dateline=1292190185 target=_blank>https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ine=1292190185</a>

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-6-sexy-auto-s

NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS HERE'S THE MUFF MEISTER.........

DUCT TAPE
    Turning "No,No,No" Into "Mmm,Mmm,Mmm
    Since 1941

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-17), Glynne (24-03-17), Grub (30-12-12), happyjack (23-01-17), Smokeface (30-12-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

I've not done any detecting recently but I used to be into it big time and have loads of finds.

I used to have a Fisher metal detector.

Mel Fisher was the guy that found the Atocha, a treasure ship loaded with gold and silver.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-17), Glynne (24-03-17), Spiked (30-12-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times

ive never tried it. it does look like fun but it does concern me that some people are raiding historic fields and taking their finds never to be seen again. i saw a documentry about it. thats it, my knowledge on the subject. anyway, good luck treasure hunting and if you dont return then we know youve found the big one

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by green grass View Post
    ive never tried it. it does look like fun but it does concern me that some people are raiding historic fields and taking their finds never to be seen again. i saw a documentry about it. thats it, my knowledge on the subject. anyway, good luck treasure hunting and if you dont return then we know youve found the big one
    Yup, it's called night hawking and have done plenty of it myself.

I used to work on ploughed land so there is no archaeological strata destroyed as it's turned over every year by the plough anyway.

It may look like fun but it's actually very hard work as you work in winter or early spring when no crops are in the ground.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

+1 here.

I bought my first detector about 10 years ago from a boot sale for a couple of quid and within hours I was bitten by the bug. I invested in a Whites Prizm II and moved on to various C-Scopes but I always go back to the Whites. It's not as deep as the C-Scope but it's far more accurate with very few false positives.

I'm lucky enough to live near several 'tourist' beaches, so every October/November I wander down and spend a few days looking for all the rings/jewellery the holiday-makers lost during the summer.
    I'm still searching for that elusive gem that will set me up for life (aint we all), but I've had a few good finds.

I was once testing out a new C-Scope in my mates 10ft x 10ft back garden (in the middle of a council estate) with the usual pound coins/rings etc, and just happened to find an 1899 Policeman's whistle in near mint condition. I got a fair few quid for that on Ebay.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (12-08-17), GEORGE (23-01-17), Spiked (30-12-12), Type M (23-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    Yup, it's called night hawking and have done plenty of it myself.

I used to work on ploughed land so there is no archaeological strata destroyed as it's turned over every year by the plough anyway.

It may look like fun but it's actually very hard work as you work in winter or early spring when no crops are in the ground.

12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

Brutalkillshot5 (09-07-13), Claymorrow (30-12-12), Easy-T (12-08-17), EaZiE (12-08-17), EyeEyePickle (23-01-17), GEORGE (23-01-17), Glynne (24-03-17), Grub (30-12-12), gruff (09-07-13), happyjack (23-01-17), Hedrush (30-12-12), jericho (10-07-13), L (30-12-12), Smokeface (30-12-12), Spiked (30-12-12), the green meanie (30-12-12), TheCandyManCan (30-12-12), toblue (24-03-17), Type M (23-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    +1 here.

I bought my first detector about 10 years ago from a boot sale for a couple of quid and within hours I was bitten by the bug. I invested in a Whites Prizm II and moved on to various C-Scopes but I always go back to the Whites. It's not as deep as the C-Scope but it's far more accurate with very few false positives.

I'm lucky enough to live near several 'tourist' beaches, so every October/November I wander down and spend a few days looking for all the rings/jewellery the holiday-makers lost during the summer.
    I'm still searching for that elusive gem that will set me up for life (aint we all), but I've had a few good finds.

I was once testing out a new C-Scope in my mates 10ft x 10ft back garden (in the middle of a council estate) with the usual pound coins/rings etc, and just happened to find an 1899 Policeman's whistle in near mint condition. I got a fair few quid for that on Ebay.
    I know where your coming from Grub, I bought a TESORO CORTEZ a few years back, cant fault it apart from its American, so it dont 100% tell the truth lol but overall a real piece of kit, first time out with it i found a WilliamIII Silver Shilling, and since a few Gold Rings, etc. whats really nice is when someone phones me saying they have just lost a ring or something personnel to them and i go and find it, get quite a buz out of that.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiked For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-17), Glynne (24-03-17), Grub (31-12-12), Rockster (30-12-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,107 Times

looks like an 'extreme sport' to me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ds-nearby.html

this one was empty luckily.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2high For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-17), Grub (31-12-12)

Thanks

Nice to meet metal detector lovers here, I've nearly lost my interet in treasure hunting because of two months' gainless. Plan to sale my Underground Gold Treasure Metal Detector with 3.5 Meters Depth bought from a chinese co'. It has the function of distinguishing ferrous and non-ferrous metal. It used for detecting and identifying underground metals in fields of security inspection, public security organs ransack, scanning metal foreign matter in raw, fuel and foods. Asked for only $280, bought two month ago.
    Last edited by Goodbuddy; 09-07-13 at 11:31 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kmykimi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-17)

Thanks

Nice to hear about your machine matey but this aint the place to try and sell it, in fact this aint the place to sell anything..............

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiked For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (12-08-17), GEORGE (23-01-17)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast