Thread: Good strain for anxiety/depression?

Thanks

Default Good strain for anxiety/depression?

Hi,
    Im wondering what you guys would recommend for anxiety and depression. Ive found that some weed can actually make me quite anxious and paranoid about stupid things, like, shit what if someone calls at the door etc - just real stupid shit. I also suffer from depression and lack of motivation from time to time so ultimately i would like something that will lift my mood without making me lazy and unmotivated, but most importantly without the paranoia or anxiety. I also have a bit of an alcohol problem and have found that weed keeps me away from alcohol totally although i cant see this affecting strain recommendation - any strain seems to work.

Any recommendations? I would like to stick to some of the more well known strains due to reputation holding more weight. What about strains like OG Kush or Purple Kush? The single most important thing im looking for is something that will not make me anxious or paranoid and elevate the mood

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zany90 For This Useful Post:

Petal (04-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,639 Times

Quote Originally Posted by zany90 View Post
    Hi,
    Im wondering what you guys would recommend for anxiety and depression. Ive found that some weed can actually make me quite anxious and paranoid about stupid things, like, shit what if someone calls at the door etc - just real stupid shit. I also suffer from depression and lack of motivation from time to time so ultimately i would like something that will lift my mood without making me lazy and unmotivated, but most importantly without the paranoia or anxiety. I also have a bit of an alcohol problem and have found that weed keeps me away from alcohol totally although i cant see this affecting strain recommendation - any strain seems to work.

Any recommendations? I would like to stick to some of the more well known strains due to reputation holding more weight. What about strains like OG Kush or Purple Kush? The single most important thing im looking for is something that will not make me anxious or paranoid and elevate the mood
    Hi Zany, I have been looking for the same thing to help with anxiety/depression/stress as I get very over the top and super spiritual when smoking a sativa dominant strain. I have decided to try an Indica dominant new medical marijuana strain called Bianca (my current grow) in the hope that the higher CBD content as part of the Indica side will be uplifting but not overly so... a bit of try and see.

Hope you find the one that suits you.

Cheers

Thanks

Hi m8, i find bb x ww is perfect for me , realy relaxing and carms me down , its my perfect smoke but everyone is different so its just a case of try the different strains until you get the right one ..... good luck bud....

Hillbilly Guest

Something that a good mic of Sativa and Indica but isn't to strong 8 to 14% THC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

I just stumbled upon this forum. Yeah, I would say a mix of sat/ind harvested on the earlier side, I tend to want to suggest sticking on the sativa side as it (typically) has less cbd. Yeah, a mid-low potency mix sounds pretty good, I agree with Hillbilly.

How is medical cannabis looked at in Europe? That is one foreign policy I do not know, lol.

And don't forget, even if you aren't a grower you can still buy a scope and look at the buds you are tentatively purchasing for tric color and general potency.

Cuda Guest

Default Re: Good strain for anxiety/depression?

Here in spain you can grow your own in private. Im growing cream47 atm ( Cream Caramel x AK47) sativa/indica = 50/50. Gonna harvest when trichs are 75% amber for high cbd content.

Twelve/Twelve