Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uk letting agent inspections.

Thanks

bump!
    I'm just moving into a place with quarterly inspections. I've arranged with the agents 4 dates and times per year so I'm aware of when they're coming over and what to tidy away.
    The real funny thing was when I was asking the agent last week why they needed to check so often and she looked me straight in the eye and said "to make sure you're not growing cannabis" I was kinda lost for words!
    My grow is gonna be in the garage in a 1.2 tent (garage is ground floor built into the house) and will be surrounded by storage boxes and turned off just before she gets there. She won't rifle through my stuff and has already told me it's just a cursory glance into each room.
    Still spinning out a bit though!

ganjagunman Guest

They wont stick to the quartly ones... my friend and I rent an upmarket new build thats sposed to have quartely inspections, they came once after we had been 7 months and not bothered us since, the place was a shithole when they arrived as i hadnt been well and they dont look in cupboards and root around its just a visual to make sure you havent smashed holes everywhere, pay your rent in full and on time, keep your head down and be careful with your grow and nobody will be any the wiser

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

erbie (05-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Unless it a safety check then they will need access to all sockets and rads.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

erbie (05-09-14)

Thanks

good thought chufuginlookinat, didn't think of that.
    Apparently my new landlord is fussy but lives overseas so has the letting agent look after it. Even asked if he could fly over (from China!) a few times to check it out
    There's gonna be no probs with access to shit around the tent as it's not gonna be up against walls etc and there's enough room to put storage boxes all around the tent so hopefully will be ok.
    No loft in this place, is 3 stories but has a flat roof
    I did ask her if we could make it annually after the first year but she refused and I didn't wanna push it as I was worried I'd sound suspicious.

ganjagunman Guest

I think by law they are not allowed to enter the property without your permission unless they have certain grounds to, like they were suspect something wasnt right, or you hadnt been seen much living there, or you had not paid your rent etc, end of the day they have to comply with you and suit visiting times around yourself they can't just say we are coming on X date and X time, they tried doing them with us when we had boiler inspections and I explained my odd working hours and they were cool with it and turned up when I was in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (06-09-14)

Thanks

Yeah we have them at ours, they kept to it first year or two but now it's more like bi-annually and they come when we're ready. The same person comes everytimre and she basically natters with the missus for 5 min and the looks at each room (like just looks in the door and that's it) and then goes. No drama as long as you pay on time and keep your head down as said above mate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie red hat For This Useful Post:

erbie (06-09-14)

Thanks

Cool I spoke to the last tenants who'd been there 5 years and was told the agent always came around 4 times a year without exception, landlord is a pedantic fucker, but as you said Robie - shouldn't be an issue, the woman comes and sticks her head around each room then buggers off. I'll time it for her to come on the same day as my cleaner
    Nobody is gonna notice my tent covered in boxes and storage junk, fuck I think I'm gonna change my name to Steptoe

Thanks

Be sound mate I'm sure there's loads of us in same position

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie red hat For This Useful Post:

erbie (09-09-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2