Thread: Frozen fresh bud

Thanks

Default Frozen fresh bud

First of all I am a new member so hello everyone! Second time grower, will possibly start a third grow shortly, need to work out the time frame. As will become apparent i've mucked it up twice already.
    When I do next grow i'm *aiming* to keep a diary here. Also shall post in the introductions section shortly.
    I should mention I actually have much more of a hobby interest in the growing than the end product!

My two grows so far, a very basic CFL grow of two Pyramid Auto-Tutankhamon seeds a year ago. For the same reason as what i did this time, it had to be dried un-attended and went moldy. Having worked in chemistry and microbiology I managed so seperate off most traces of the mold and do a solvent based extraction leaving me with some pretty decent hash.

This grow. Two pyramid Auto-Annubis. Considerably better and more powerful CFL set-up, however the plants were no bigger than in the previous attempt! In both grows I used basic tomato-feed nutrients which I modified myself to get a closer match to some of the cannabis-specific nutes.

So, my problem both times is that I am a student. This only gives me semester times to grow. The first grow I didn't think it through as I started and just thought "these take x days to grow, those will be grown by the time i need to head home". This time I left two extra weeks, but the plants just wern't ready. Trichomes were still not at what I was after when I did harvest with three days left before leaving the country...
    In a bit of a panic, I thought why don't I just freeze them and dry/cure after the festive period. One of those typical why the hell didn't i google this first cases...
    So Im back, pulled them out the freezer and as they have defrosted they have gone soggy. Freezing has damaged the cell structure leaving slightly mushy bud.

Which is why i'm here. They are currently sitting a few feet from a gas fire as i want to get the worst of the moisture away before anything starts to grow.
    Any ideas on where to go from here? Can any of the bud be saved?

If not im thinking I have two sensible routes, bubble hash or cannabutter.
    Any reasons why either of these wouldn't work? Or suggested other things to try?

Thanks

Payne

2. Default

I dont think it will matter that there mushy they might dry out the same as normal buds. i'd try dry them fast raped up in news paper and put in a hot press beside a boiler. some people dry bud in a microwave but i've never done it that way, maybe google it to see how long and setting.

useing cfl lights will add a week or 2 onto flowering time of most plants. hid lights will finish them quicker

good luck drying your buds mate hope it works out for you

Thanks

Thanks. I've found quick drying before to give nowhere near as good a taste! Might try a couple of the smaller buds and see how it comes out!
    Since they are auto's I figured the lighting shouldn't make any difference! My first grow was with 2*11W 4700k and 2*28W 6500k's and that finished on time!

If the quick dry's smoke alright then i'll try properly drying the rest and report back here!

Thanks

On a side note i just checked the grow cupboard. Since I hadn't had time to deal with it before i left the pots of soil, with a few of the larger foliage were left as were. All pots now have a nice cloudy layer of white mould accross them! Decided the best approch was to cover the entire inside of the cupboard (and water the pots with) some industrial virucidal disinfectant. Anything that survives that deserves to live!