Thread: 600w,watts the best one?

Thanks

Default 600w,watts the best one?

so im going to my hydro shop to get a 600w light, whats the best one to get, and also best red spectrum bulb, any input would be great
    be nice

Thanks

just bn reading around a bit, it apears a 600 might be overkill, im in a 3ft by 4ft by 8 ft tall cuboard with a four inch passive intake and a four inch extactor to casrbon filter, would a 400w be better and if so which bulb is best for flowering?

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

I be thinking any type of HPS would be sufficient... You can obviously get over kill lights that are more adaptive but also more expensive... Probably best off getting a dual spectrum... If your gonna use for flower and veg, if just for flower, get a regular HPS that shoots out the most lumens....

As far as your room... It sounds like it's identical to mine or almost... You could use a 600 but you may want to think of a cool tube... Would allow you excellent ventilation in combination to superior heat control. They also have hoods that are square or rectangle but covered with temered glass and you would just need a converter fitting to go from either the 6' hole or the 8' hole on the side of the hood to hook up your current fan to it....

I would recommend you look into a better fan for extraction... 4' is fine for a 250w in a space like that but you probably want atleast a 6 or 8 that does 250cfm +. an 8' extractor positioned properly could easily handle a 600, no contest in a cool tube or cool hood set up...

Thanks

bought a 400w lumanex digital with diamond reflector lamp, got a spare seven inch fan if it gets to hot, but fingers crossed should be ok, got a sunmaster bulb as only using it for flowering, i use cfls for vegging, thanks for your help hoody frank

Thanks

right allset up, running at 35 degreas, im tthinking this is to hot, any input?

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

that temp is too high my friend... its ok for a few isolated occastions but its not what you would want all the time... Try to position your fan to blow across the tops or have your extraction as close to your light as possible to remove the heat immediatly...

Thanks

disconected it for now, had a big fan blowing straight down from the top of the closet, was fine with my cfl, but with the hps it was blowing all the hot air onto my girls, was thinking of getting some small clip fans and blowing the air up to the outake, would this help?

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

It would help big time man... too bad you could't flip that around use that big fan to blow air up... Bush Dr trys to create a tunnel of air moving up his room... But blowing air up with defo help

Thanks

good news is, im down to a lovely constant 28 degreas, just moving the fan from a vertical position blowing down to a horizontal position blowing up and across has made hell of a difference, nice one frank