Thread: Anybody using the IWS DWC (recirculating bubbler system)??

Thanks

Default Anybody using the IWS DWC (recirculating bubbler system)??

I've already started another thread regarding the IWS Flood & Drain or Dripper system.

But,

I didn't notice that IWS had a rDWC system too. After some Google and grower forum research - I can't seem to find anyone using this system.
    People frequently get mixed up with the IWS Flood & Drain system.

Has anybody had any growing experience with this, or a similar (multi recirculating bubbler) system?
    Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Yeh im using the IWS DWC. loving it so far.

Thanks

YES - a response! I thought nobody was gonna write on this thread!

Dude, keep me posted with any good or bad issues you have with it. I really want to make the right choice in hydro system.

Thanks

will do kid, but im pretty new. so far my main issue has been the the flood and drain time it takes, this is due to the pipe size and gland. but could easily be made better.

also i had to make some adjustments for drip leaks during test, i noticed the plastic gland on the bucket was very weak when exposed to the heat and in my case cracked a couple of buckets at the gland point when tightening or other etc.

but other than that it does what is says on this tin, i have a large res bigger than than comes with the kit. reason was i found that when flooded i felt the water was a little limited and if for some reason they got thirsty and it wasnt checked for a little while it could run low or out hence problems. kit came with a 200 ltr, but thats if you max the res and wasnt practical.

consider the bucket size, mine are 18ltrs but it only actually uses 3/4 of the bucket so for 10 buckets as a example you could be using around 150 ltrs on a flood and if the res aint brimmed not much thirsty juice.

so i just put a bigger res on.

also recommend try to keep the res out of the main room for heat reasons, if not then insulate it. i also have a benefit from the additional water in the res to allow and help with cooling of the pots by just increasing the flood drain times to more often.

dont leave them dry too long though,mine takes 30 mins to empty and to fill so in short i drain for 30 then flood straight away again. this allows the nutes to get mixed again and cools the water.

cant really think of anything else only my girls went playing in it a week ago and are very happy now they are drinking.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Thanks

Cheers Trigger, id not seen this one.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,640 Times

Default Re: Anybody using the IWS DWC (recirculating bubbler system)??

Hi mate..

Personal choice is flood and drain using coco..
    The dcw versions seem to over complicated..
    Using coco with just one flood per day.. So simple..

Peace..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChuChu For This Useful Post:

Hattori (19-01-13)

Thanks

Thanks for the link Trigger. I'll be keeping a close eye on that.
    That setup is almost identical to what I have in mind.

Probably swinging towards the IWS bucket Flood and Drain system though. It seems less complicated than the rDWC, and the possibility of root rot scares me!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BreakingBad For This Useful Post:

ChuChu (02-02-13)