Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: camera detection

Thanks

Default camera detection

do cops use planes for flying over houses or just helicopters or both?
    also can they detect a 600w light? or does it have to be quite a few 1,000w?

Thanks

Where are you located? Depending on area the answer is either Yes they do with permisson or Yes they do illegally....

It appears that in the UK and now in Canada (unfortunatly) the police are allowed to use these technologies with out warrent of search. Canadian law officals are fighting this as we speak. I cannot comment about the situation in the UK as I don't know.

The Supreme Court in the USA for now has ruled that it's an illegal search and violates the Constatution. However several police forces have been whitnessed using the technology illegally and then issuing false anonymous tip offs.

They can detect any absorbent amounts of heat leaking from your house... Looks like its time to start rigging exhausts through our chimney's... Only way I can see them not getting the drop on us... Or start advancing LED Technology... That will piss em off... No excess hydro to use as suspect... No Heat... and with carbon filters... They'll be fucked... no detection available except nosey neighbours and that can be prevented
    Last edited by X_John-Smith_X; 19-03-09 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks

hey gonzo i think a 600watt is to little, i heard somone saying on the forum a fridge or a dryer will use up this much electricty so its to hard for them to tell, you would need to be running like a few 1000watts like u said,

Thanks

A fridge and Dryer may run that much electricity man, but the camera is not an electromagnetic sensor. It detects heat... Yes definatly your dryer will give off this much heat, however not 24/7 like most extractions run...

Most detections occure because of a grow in the attic or loft and it heats up the roof and the shingles glow red to the lense... Or they see a steaming red plum of air comming out of the house... checking it consecutivley for a day or two will allow them to assume it's on 24/7 and for something out of the normal where a dryer is on a few hours a day at most.

Use good insultation with a reflective surface if your growing in a loft... And try and route your exhaust through a dryer vent or through your chimney to be extra safe

Thanks

Damit im suprised i didnt have the cop shop at my door when i stayed with my mum and dad LOL 33 snakes 2 bearded dragons 3 gecko's an adult male iggy and 2 chinese water dragons and an emperor scorp!, uv lights ceramic bulbs/heatmats that was some ammount of heat + elecy use lol the room i kept them in was allways like the tropics it was great would have been ace for a grow

Thanks

hey gonzo..
    i just wanted to add:-
    i seen a thing on the news a couple weeks ago about the electirc companys in the uk doin spot heat checks from the roadside outside ur house...

its under the disguise of an energy efficancy programme.

a likely story if u ask me!!

the idea is the electricity person points the meter/scanner at ur windows to calculate ur heat loss...

the thing that gets right up my nose is the fact that they dont need permission to do this...

did anybody else see this???

Thanks

I have a homebox tent, arent they insulated to help prevent a give away??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bucketluggs View Post
    hey gonzo..
    i just wanted to add:-
    i seen a thing on the news a couple weeks ago about the electirc companys in the uk doin spot heat checks from the roadside outside ur house...

its under the disguise of an energy efficancy programme.

a likely story if u ask me!!

the idea is the electricity person points the meter/scanner at ur windows to calculate ur heat loss...

the thing that gets right up my nose is the fact that they dont need permission to do this...

did anybody else see this???
    That's illegal?

Thanks

^

its bs mate.

why would the leccy company do this, do they money from this?

bs stories that get made up.

Thanks

Wake up... In the world we now live in... Nothing is Illegal... because nothing is enforced. Except the continous beating of the common person

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast