Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time to switch nutes???

Thanks

I'm using Jack's Professional Hydro and Cal-NIT combo, ordered a 5lb bucket of each. Im using 1/8TSP p/gal in veg and 1/4TSP p/gal in flower, it's working wonderful right now. Nothing else, just modify the Cal-Nit for your stages and the same two can be used for the whole plant life.

If it keeps up this will be my last nutrient purchase for let's estimate 10+ years LOL.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

Hi again fella.
    The ph dropping when in flower is caused by the plants increased uptake of Potassium is the culprit.
    When a plant takes on potassium ions, it releases ions of Hydrogen and since ph is actually a measure of "potential for hydrogen", this makes the substrate more acidic, hense: lowers ph and is quite normal.
    In veg, the plant uptakes Nitrogen ions in larger quantities and releases hydroxil ions, this raises ph.
    SO in veg, it is quite normal to see a rising ph, in bloom, it is often a falling ph within the root zone.
    Different nutrients respond slightly differently.

I dont often get this, probably because I use Liiquid Silicon in flower, which raises ph.
    I rarely suffer ph fluctuations of more than 0.1 over a couple or 3 days using AN Sensi. NOT the ph perfect I should add, I am still using old stock.

And tonysuperlemon, go advertise elsewhere please.
    You have added nothing to this thread except flaunt your wares.
    W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

waterdawg (22-01-13)

Thanks

Thanks Woody! I appreciate the help! Like I said Im a newb and all the info is great and I'm sure you have said this before somewhere else. It must get tiring lol. Should I add potassium or just continue to adjust, and it is a very small adjustment of PH up like a teaspoon. And I suppose different strains would have different needs. I will read your nutes post again.

Thanks

personally i use GHE flora series

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2