Thread: leaves gone yellow, tips curling downward / in

Thanks

Default leaves gone yellow, tips curling downward / in

hi guys, miscalculated my harvest times and had been flushing them for around a week when they stopped growing so gave them a feed again 5 days ago, then yesterday. also gave them some epson salts on the tuesday, now the leaves are yellowing. unsure whether this is overwatering / nute burn or lockout. any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

looks like N and general deficiency to me.

Talpa Guest

So you have fed them twice and given epsom salts once.

Got any idea what you PH and EC is of the soil now?

Are they in soil, coco or hydro?

Use the template in the stickies of the infirmary.

Need more information please. Or if you want a cure.

Flush the plants with 3x the size of pots with PH'd water for your grow medium.

EG 10 litre pots flush with 30 litres of PH'd water @ 6.5 then allow them to dry out fully then water with a light feed next time.

Again depending on how long they have left. You may have just fk'd em in their flowering cycle and will have to flush and make do without any more feed. Just be a lower yield.

Thanks

Soil or hydro: SOIL
    plant age: Day 58 of 12/12
    pot size: 8 Litre
    has it been repotted? and when?: No, same pot from seed
    soil type: Homebase Shit
    nutes or additives used and how often for soil: Miricle Grow every 3rd watering
    temps (max min): 15c > 26c
    humidity: 40 > 55%
    lighting type: 600watt HPS
    ph level: been testing water / feed to 6.5
    EC (hydro only) N/A
    feed schedule and nutes (for hydro) N/A

had them on pure water last 2 weeks as i thought they were ready. they stopped smelling so added some feed with epson salts 5 days ago, then 3 days ago when watering, started stinking of green again. now they're yellowing?

plants also seem very dry to the touch, even a day or two after their last watering. cropped and dried a couple of buds, doesn't smell green, more an earthy smell?

thanks for any help, info, suggestions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

what out of these feeds should i give after a flush?

NPK:

thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

Talpa Guest

58 days from 12/12 switch will put them on anything from 44-51 days in flower.

You should count flower from 2 weeks after switch or when you see small flowers, not pre flower hairs.

What strain is it? and to save me looking what does the breeder say the flowering time is?

Also with the nutes for flowering you will want a low N and higher P and K. None of those really lol. there a bit high in N when you don't need it.

Temps are a bit low lights off, this can cause purpling of stems and discolouration of leaves. It can also slow growth of flowers. Our plant likes temps not to fluctuate

Not repotting before the switch to flower, will have reduced yield.

Humidity is ok.

I would still flush them with 24 litres of PH 6.5 per plant. Then let them dry and then give them a normal flower feed with flowering nutes. Depending on how long they have left obviously.

They could be just near the end and they are losing color because they are using up the N in their system and the purpling of the stems and leaves cold be the cold. I'll wait for the strain and breeders info i think.
    Last edited by Talpa; 20-01-13 at 03:14 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Talpa For This Useful Post:

tlh2496 (21-01-13)

Thanks

Talpa, ak47 autos & sleeskunk, breeder states 56 days on the ak's & 60 - 70 days on the sleeskunk, thanks for the info )