Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Snakes employment, hiv & weed woes

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

is it standard practise in america to test everyone for drugs?? Or is it just certain jobs

Thanks

In Canada it is against your rights to be drug tested... EVEN FOR CUSTODY CASES... no shit. Military, Government police (RCMP), Nuclear Power Plant Facility Staff are exceptions to the rule...

In the US it is up to individual company policy I believe... I may be wrong, but from my understanding the company has the right to request drug screening for new applicants, exisiting employee's and or contractors if they so choose...

Thanks

X_JS_X - you are damn right mate - they can 'request' that I consent to a drugs test, but there is nothing to say I have to.
    I now think - at least this is the way i shall frame it - he wanted to know just what drugs I am taking and what else might possibly be wrong with me. Nosey cunt - my privacy.
    This D&A thing, it may not have been aimed at me , it probably was, but I can't prove it - it will suit my purposes to play the 'victim'
    The stroy has moved on again, but I will get this thread up to date if its the last thing i do.

Ashman - Here's that letter
    Dear Bossman,

Firstly my apologies for writing to you from home on my lunch-break and the informal nature of this letter. I am not really used to dealing with these kinds of legal matters and I don’t mind admitting that I am terrified of the potential response to this letter. This situation has now reached a stage where it requires some urgent action on your part. I tried to speak to you yesterday, but you had left by 17:30 and neither of us could afford to spend any ‘Company’ time on this yesterday – hence the lunchtime letter. I hope you don’t mind, I’ve just had another sleepless night worrying about all this. So perhaps it was a good thing that I couldn’t catch up with you yesterday – because I can put it all down in an ordered fashion in this letter. On reflection, my idea of an end-of-the-day meeting might not have been pursuant to ensuring that no issues continue to be overlooked, and actually, I feel similarly today. I guess you would agree there is just not the time in the working day to deal with these kinds of issues until they become explosively critical in nature, and no-one regrets this more than myself, because of the effect this is all having on my work/life balance.

I am recently, constantly mindful of point: section 2, item 1 on your letter dated 17th Feb 09 and I am worried that this letter is going to received as impertinent so please understand that this is extremely stressful for me, but at the same time, of the utmost importance and urgency, both professionally and personally. I stand to be corrected but my interpretation of the information I have, is that I am permitted to request an Acknowledgement of Disclosure letter since one has not been forthcoming. Moreover your warning that I need to ‘cover myself’ leads me to believe that it is sensible for me to take the initiative and get all this dealt with immediately.

It has been over a month since my Voluntary HIV Status Disclosure and I understand you will have needed that time to research the necessary Acts of Law, locate and acknowledge your complete understanding of the relevant sections within those Acts as you are required to do. I mentioned at the time that I was happy to assist you with this, and of course that still stands, or I can give you some contact numbers and information on some charities and organizations which I usually find helpful. I am also still happy to write an acknowledgment letter on your behalf for us to sign, but I recall that you said… ‘I was not to worry’ and you would deal with it yourself personally. Plus I would need time to do this on your behalf because, as you know, I am extremely busy in my department at the moment. There are also some other important components of your Acknowledgement of Disclosure letter which I will list here: Letter needs to be dated 4th Feb 09, It should detail your understanding of the circumstances leading to my voluntary disclosure, a list of persons informed without my consent - each with an explanation of why you deemed it necessary & an assurance that my rights will not be breached any further.

All this is both or either required in law or will enable both myself and, more importantly, the business to strive toward the excellent working relationship we all desire, with greater confidence. Particularly in relation to the undated memo I discovered on my desk when I returned from 1½ days approved leave on the 10th March, the new D&A policy that, at the moment, has to be consented to by the 12th March ’09, it states that I have had adequate time to consider the implications of it’s terms, and should consult with yourself as soon as possible if I have any questions etc. Which I will also need time to do. So you can appreciate the impetus with which this needs to be actioned.

To clarify; I will require as soon as reasonably possible your Acknowledgement of Disclosure Letter including all the points raised above that we can both sign and have witnessed. I will require time to fully digest the contents of the letter and ensure it meets all the criteria I have clearly laid out. Of course I offer any assistance needed from me.

Thank you
    Snake
    sss

ash1983 - The standard D&A policies will state that there should be a Health & Safety implication with respect to the role
    ie. a driver shouldn't turn up for work drunk - obviously
    If I go to work drunk - Im not likely to kill or maim anyone with my calculator unless I'm really fucking drunk. So there is no Health & Safety implication, they can't make me sign it - so I won't. HA!

Besides - I reckon I'm gonna get made redundant in the morning. But don't sweat it canna-buddies. He will not be getting away with this.
    O God of earth and altar, bow down and hear our cry,
    our earthly rulers falter, our people drift and die;
    the walls of gold entomb us, the swords of scorn divide,
    take not thy thunder from us, but take away our pride.
    G.K. Chesterton

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

Hey Snakey, well what can i say...
    quote:
    Firstly my apologies for writing to you from home on my lunch-break and the informal nature of this letter. I am not really used to dealing with these kinds of legal matters and I don’t mind admitting that I am terrified of the potential response to this letter. This situation has now reached a stage where it requires some urgent action on your part. I tried to speak to you yesterday, but you had left by 17:30 and neither of us could afford to spend any ‘Company’ time on this yesterday – hence the lunchtime letter. I hope you don’t mind, I’ve just had another sleepless night worrying about all this. So perhaps it was a good thing that I couldn’t catch up with you yesterday – because I can put it all down in an ordered fashion in this letter. On reflection, my idea of an end-of-the-day meeting might not have been pursuant to ensuring that no issues continue to be overlooked, and actually, I feel similarly today. I guess you would agree there is just not the time in the working day to deal with these kinds of issues until they become explosively critical in nature, and no-one regrets this more than myself, because of the effect this is all having on my work/life balance.

i cant believe the gumption of this guy, sounds like a right idiot, HE is stressed
    how does think your feeling then??? i hope you take the ignorant git for everything, good luck mate keep your chin up dude, i hope it works out for you Snakey

Thanks

any more news yet snake

Thanks

Redundancy meeting - twas a fucking farce, he want's to drag this out but I'm not playing any more.
    I honestly thought I would be in & out - 6 weeks pay and goodbye. I had to go to the hospital at 14:00 on Monday 30th so I cut the meeting short at 12:00 - theres nothing to discuss imo.
    He wanted to have a follow up meeting on April Fools Day - but I am not well enough.
    I figured out that I've lost almost a stone in two months, down to 10 stone.
    It's stress making me lose weight- not the HIV. But it's just going to get worse unless this ends soon.
    I put a claim into petty cash for £1152 for going to the bank in my own car for two years - that didn't go down two well, he offered me £200.

Get this guy...
    In the letter following the meeting; he states that I mentioned that I suspected the redundancy was in connection with my HIV - what bollocks! I never mentioned it - while he was in the room. I might be losing my marbles here, or the weed is making me paranoid! did he evesdrop, tamper with the phone or bug the room? I'm not sure but in his copy of the Meeting Minutes it doesn't say anything about it - I would have thought that would have been an important enough 'minute' to include - had I said it in the meeting. He left me alone for 20 minutes in the boardroom with my consort and we might have said something but not when he was in the room.

I'm going to see an Employment Sollicitor in the morning. 11:00am, £200+vat, Passport and Council Tax Bill in hand.

We had our local MP in work on the 27th March to congratulate the business on it's award in the local Business Awards from November 2008. I was in the paper next to my boss, grinning like Cheshire Cats receiveing the award. That was my reward for 'Good Service' - nice dinner dance, penguin suit award ceremony. I was asked to collect the award on stage! How did it go from that to this in...2-4 months ??????????

I actually worked on the 27th March - I've been getting pretty sick over this and am signed off right now. Guess who didn't get to shake hands with the MP? So I have made an appointment with my MP on the 16th April. I am considering getting in touch with the local rag too. I'll see what Mr Sollicitor has to say first.

Thanks

I've just realised there was a massive chunk missing there.

It's getting even nastier now...

24th, 25th 26th March I'm signed off - too ill to work. The phone didn't stop... what's the password for this? have you got the cheque book? bring the card to make the bank software work - where's the key for that??? he tried to get me to write all the passwords down and return all the stuff - in the post, in the same envelope! Now that's just basic security - breach of contract - nice try mate but i'm not falling for that - besides... where's your copies??? whos business is this? My Department is secure and I don't need to do anything important till Friday 27th.

He popped round on the 26th in person to drop a letter off while iam sick in bed - i am invited to a redundancy meeting on Monday 30th March 10:00 am
    I went in on the 27th March - my filing cabinets have been smashed open and all my work has been outsourced. He gave me the keys to those cabinets - where are his copies? Lost? I dunno but he obviously didn;t have them. So now I've been witholding company property -AAAAAH!

I'm not gonna say - 'I cant win' because I don't want to believe it. Did he try to fuck me there with a no-win situation? Paraniod?

The longest hours I spent in my life
    Were the ones I went through
    To know I was right
    -Slipknot

He made me work like a dog on crap all day on the 27th when the MP came to see us.

I went to the meeting - then the previous post picks it up i think

Thanks

its a shitty thing to go through Snake even if it sounds like your winning on all fronts, just hope the victory it doesnt cost you too dear dude
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Thanks

shit man this guy is a proper dick like u said how in 2-4 months can u go from receiving awards to losing your job
    just another example of our shitty world

Thanks

were u bin m8 ppl ar worred about u in chat pal pop in to let uz knowur ok m8 and keep ur chin up m8 and dont let that fuker get to u as u say you play a gd game and u will win in the end pal
    Just chillin in ma long johns reading about plants. And it's ten plants max man. Don't be an idiot new guy .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast