Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Snakes employment, hiv & weed woes

Thanks

Default Snakes employment, hiv & weed woes

Here's some background - names and stuff will be changed to protect the innocent.

Maybe this thread will help someone out there - heres hoping it helps me.

...there is some catching up to do yet so this will just be the start...

I'm hiv+ (about 5 years diagnosed)
    I smoke weed, for appetite stimulation, anti nausia, pain relief, for side effects of Anti Retro Viral drugs etc..... and to get high
    I'm a Bookeeper for a Transport firm
    Since Christmas '08 I've been in a serious relationship with the office hottie (different dept) she hasn't slept in her own bed since New Year and we are going strong - it's never felt so good.
    I work with my bosses brother - he's the other Director, & ocasionally I work with my bosses wife.
    I'm doing really well on my Anti Retro Viral drugs lately - Undetectable Viral Load and a CD4 count of 454 (thats good shit right there) in January '09, i was over the moon. After i got my last set of blood counts from the Doc, I went and cried in my car because i was so happy.

So i was feeling good - so I started coming out of the closet with my illness. I told a few people i could trust at work that i am hiv+. Real friends only and my new g'f - obviously!

In early February '09 my Boss started calling my performance into question, he is a jerk - we are expanding and there is a massive increase in workload lately. It makes everone busier and it impacts down the line on my accounts department - I am the Accounts Manager.

So I needed some leverage on my boss.... and some protection in law...

Snake brain begins to work...*sound of grinding*

Alone in my office, I told my bosses wife about my hiv... in the context of:
    Everyone is sick lately - it's winter - viral stuff, doctor won't give you anti-biotics - it doesn't touch Snake, he's pumped up with Anti Retro Viral drugs... she said 'oh!' She's not the sharpest....I know this

I went to lunch - Wednesday February 4th 2009 - 13:00 ish

Lets see what happened next...
    O God of earth and altar, bow down and hear our cry,
    our earthly rulers falter, our people drift and die;
    the walls of gold entomb us, the swords of scorn divide,
    take not thy thunder from us, but take away our pride.
    G.K. Chesterton

Thanks

well i knew you was Hiv+ dude, but my god that blood count is good! im over the moon for you!!
    i hope your relationship goes well man, i think its nice to see things picking up for you.
    good luck!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

Good news on the blood count, It will work out for you im sure Snake keep your chin up dude , you started telling me this the other day and buggerd off lol, let me know what happens mate

Thanks

I had no idea Snake, but I am really pleased for you with the news on the bloody count. Good luck with the new relationship

paul333 Guest

I admire your honesty snake.

Thanks

Thanks for looking in and offering support Canna-dudes - the story continues...

After I got back from my lunch on the 4th Feb, the Bosses wife said to me - something like..:

Bosses Wife:- '...you have put me in a awkward position here... I think you should tell the bossman before I have to. We do not have secrets in our marriage'

(I do understand her position - if it was me I'd probably feel the same. Remember she is being my Pawn here)

This i was expecting - I made a token objection... then went through to the big-room and said to the bossman - something like..:

Snake:- 'Oops! I told your wife something... and she has said that if I don't tell you, she will!.... I am hiv+'
    Boss:- 'Oh right... OK... get back to work'

So I made it look like my hand had been forced by my own 'mistake' - I don't mind being underestimated as a rule. The fact that I knew my Boss wasn't happy with my performance was my motivator here - he delights in writing to me telling me when I am not doing well. So the stage is set, or so I thought...

Sure enough - 17th Feb 2009 I get myself a 'pull your socks up or you are joining the Dole que' letter from the Boss. It made no mention of my hiv Disclosure - nope - not one mention. GOOD!

Snake bides his time....

Thanks

Oh yeah!

I forgot to mention this bit - 9th Feb 2009 - silly Bossman told his brother, the other director. Without my explicit consent!

Bad move!

1-0 to Snake

Snake bides his time...

Thanks

ar so u posted it then i c m8 good man... just do it all by the book m8
    Last edited by noodle; 20-03-09 at 05:34 PM.
    Just chillin in ma long johns reading about plants. And it's ten plants max man. Don't be an idiot new guy .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,049 Times

So are you fearing the boot because of your status snake?..Keeps us informed how things go with your counts & work mate.Best wishes (& prayers if you dont mind) for the future..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Oh yeah!

I forgot to mention this bit - 9th Feb 2009 - silly Bossman told his brother, the other director. Without my explicit consent!

Bad move!

1-0 to Snake

Snake bides his time...
    Isn't that invasion of privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by paul333 View Post
    I admire your honesty snake.
    Second that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast