Thread: CBD crew seeds??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,553 Times

Default CBD crew seeds??

Hey guys, can anybody explain to me the CBD and THC ratios, and how a more balanced or equal ratio would effect the smoker?

I was about to buy some seeds from CBD crew, the team around Mr Nice seedbank (Shantibaba & other legends) that have reworked classic strains to produce equal ratios of CBD & THC ( around 5% each), what I dont undrstand fully here is why reign back the THC levels as us growers are normally looking for a high THC strain to grow for the strongest weed to grow and smoke.

My first thought was are the cbd crew doing this to ensure they have low thc level strains ready to mass produce if bud is legilized, something I read recently was if it was to be legilized it would have to be produced with lower thc levels or is it to balance out and produce a better stone effect?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

Good point there dude but Im sure its more for medical use.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

HighFlyerFlyingHigh (21-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

Hi dude,

I believe they do it as an alternative to getting completely smashed while boosting the medicinal aspect of weed (cbd) so in other words its more as a medicinal product. Cbd has been known to help fight cancer and has been proven to have very good charactoristics for medicinal use, there are a lot of patients who want to feel better but not feel completely stoned.

HERB IS A PLANT!

Heres my grow diary:
    RDWC - 6 PLANT - RQS CRITICAL BY FSM

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...t-acclaim-rdwc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

HighFlyerFlyingHigh (21-01-13)

Thanks

That's a good shout but I can't understand that myself, lol

No point me growing any of these strains for myself as I defiantly want to be annihilated after I cane my homegrown, good to know tho, would be nice for a morning smoke before work

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HighFlyerFlyingHigh For This Useful Post:

FunkySkunkyMonkey (22-01-13)

Hillbilly Guest

CBD has more use to medical uses, 5%/%5 or 1.1 is what giving people THC and CBD, I am not really sure why they want a 1.1 but it gives people the THC they know and some CBD that people are learning is good for Body problems. I use CBD for Asthma and it is a very good Day time smoke, I have Harlequin that is a 2.1 9.77% CBD, 4.81% THC and the head high last about 30 min but after that my body pain gone and I want to get things done around the house, and that to me is much better then THC's high. I breeding up high % of CBD and one girl I grew out this winter was great no head high to speak of and I fell so much better when testing her..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

FunkySkunkyMonkey (22-01-13), HighFlyerFlyingHigh (22-01-13)

Talpa Guest

Yeah like has already been said.

CBD is more for medical, these are medicinal strains on a 1:1 ratio. The reason for taking the THC out or down is to remove the psychoactive part of the plant. A cannabis for medical patients who do not need the high. Although THC has also been used for treating medical conditions. CBD Crew/Dutch Passion Skunk Haze has 12% THC 11% CBD when tested by Fundacion Canna.

CBD is a great daytime smoke allowing you to function fully whilst not having the psychoactive effect.

I have just grown out 3 variety's of CBD Crew seeds. Psycho Haze a unrealeased strain, Z7 Tester line (the original CBD Crew starting point) and Skunk Haze.

The Z7 is a very smooth daytime smoke, gentle up to it but totally relaxes the mind and body.

Psycho Haze along the same lines as the Z7's.

Skunk Haze well this is another kettle of fish. I had 2 phenos one slightly more hazey than the other. Both high in THC and CBD. This is more of an evening smoke.

As a side note, I like THC not CBD lol. I like to be stoned.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talpa For This Useful Post:

FunkySkunkyMonkey (22-01-13), HighFlyerFlyingHigh (22-01-13), VMAX (22-01-13)

Thanks

Thanks guys, I do not study nearly enough about our magical herb tbh, I spend most of my time researching growing techniques and methods of growing more than learning about the actual plant itself which I will have to rectify soon.

Good to know this stuff tho as I do suffer from a bad back now and again and in this cold weather all of my old injuries start playing up, especially the hands, I must of broke every finger 2-3 times playing rugby and wrestling, I think I would benefit from a higher cbd strain.

Hillbilly is it possible to get your harlequin from any online shop, I didnt see it on original glass before which is where I got some of your mount shasta before, and also can you give me a quick rundown of your strains cbd/thc percentages if poss please mate

And thanks talpa thats good to know that dutch passion is up to this aswell, I try to go for seedbanks that you know give a shit about what theyre doing as a good percentage obviously dont