Thread: Two plants & one pot... Should i worrie?

Thanks

Exclamation Two plants & one pot... Should i worrie?

I spontaneously germinated some seeds that i saved from i don't even know when and made the mistake of using potting soil from my front yard. It looked new and i was told that it did not have grass seeds. So i cut a 2 litter bottle in half and i planted two sprouts in this one container. ...... Problem number one. Lol its kinda funny. I have a bunch of new sprouted grass in the container. Through out the soil. Apparently it did have grass seeds. So i am worried that the roots from the grass are going to take up space and nutrience. So far, i covered the side of the container with white cloth and then i cut out a circle with two holes for the stems and i covered the top soil. Does any one think this will work? And the other problem is the fact that i have two plants in the same pot. If i transfer them both together later on into a 5 gallon bucket with drainage holes, will they be ok? I was thinking i could slide a long peace of plastic down the middle of the container now two keep the routs separated and then be able to pull them out separately? Thinx for your help.

Thanks

Default Two plants & one pot... Should i worrie?

I transplanted two seedlings into a single pot because it fit perfect in my grow box like. 12x30 I had no issues other than watering more than usual. I'd get the grass outta there ASAP though. When I did mine(and you can look back on my diary first grow) I didn't separate anything between the two plants and just cut the base stem when each plant finished like normal. I'm sure some one else will comment as well, good luck
    Last edited by THCMcGEE; 24-01-13 at 03:50 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to THCMcGEE For This Useful Post:

kindo4204ever (24-01-13)

Thanks

Ah the old 2 girls 1 cup problem eh.. lol that plastic slide idea sounds pretty good to me if they are just sprouted cause the tap roots go straight down so shouldn't be any side roots to damage yet. If I get you with the cloth your trying to stop light getting to the grass? worth a go aint it might work, I do something similar to stop/fix problems with gnats with a bit of net curtain over the soil, won't harm them as long as the soil can still breath. But then mine is obviously see through/full of holes so don't hold me to that dude, I don't think you'd have a prob though I was thinking maybe the light might be good to be hitting the soil but then you usually cant see much light down there when they bushes anyways and light makes plankton grow sometimes etc so cant see a beef.
    Last edited by Juice; 24-01-13 at 04:08 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Juice For This Useful Post:

kindo4204ever (24-01-13)

Thanks

Hay thinx. Btw. You were right about the light thing. That is exactly what i am trying to do.and yes , the plants are in there early stage. I am glad you see eye to eye with me on the plastic thing. I have really been kind of stressing this situation because i already have the problem with the grass and i am thinking it would be better if i could seperate them now in order to give them more soil and room to root. Thinx for answering

Thanks

It would be better if you could do that, don't know the size of your pot but it will make repotting (putting in bigger pot) harder if theres 2 in it. I didn't think about this before but it might also make feeding harder as some strains like weaker food and some like loads and even ones of the same type might want different amounts. Also one might drink quicker and you might have problems trying to keep each side the right moisture for how the plant is drinking, so I would repot now if I was you man.

I've never had to do it but I would just take a knife and cut down the middle of the soil that separates them or something like that if they are established with roots but if they've just popped you might be able to just pull em out gently and put in new soil. Don't worry too much they can take a bashing man, last grow I was repotting and did it too early and decided to carry on after I'd started, I ended up ripping loads of roots and the plant just being a tiny bit of soil with a few roots left cause the fucker wouldn't come out of the pot but they were right the next day so even if you cause extensive damage to ones that have some established root system it should be ok, be extra careful obviously if they are seedlings.

Lil vid here this guys just pulling them apart, could do that too

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juice For This Useful Post:

kindo4204ever (24-01-13)

9. Default

You can just dig em up and separate them, then replant, as long as your careful with the main taproots. I do it with my veggies.
    "People say 'well you can abuse marijuana' well shit you can abuse cheeseburgers too! You know? But we're not going around closing burger king, because you can abuse something. I can take a fuckin' fork and jam it into my eyeball, does that mean forks should be illegal? I can jump off a bridge should we outlaw bridges? Let's nerf the world."-Joe Rogan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-LMeKlk2HY

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mc6pack For This Useful Post:

kindo4204ever (26-01-13)

Thanks

i just want everyone to know that i took a knife and cut right down the middile of the two plants, pulled them out and transplanted them in to two new pots. the process went veary successfull. thinx every one!