Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Advice for anyone considering LED

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jofus View Post
    Which LED are you using weed ? I am looking to do the same as you and just grown one plant at a time.
    Whichever it is, it's only pulling .55 gpw anyway.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Madmungo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks

I've just started a growing with a 23w LED with a 200w output at 6300K, it works really really nice!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BadKoala For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadKoala View Post
    I've just started a growing with a 23w LED with a 200w output at 6300K, it works really really nice!
    A what? Does it defy the laws of physics?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madmungo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18), Wutang22 (18-01-17)

Thanks

thanks for the informative post!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ecowarrior For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks

Really concise read thanks man

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SBEONE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks

I was thinking of switching from hp/hps to leds...

Had hoped to grow a couple of high yield ( 1 1/2 lb ) photos in a 10 x 10 room lined in mylar.

Looked at a couple of brands.. One was "Kind", 1200 watts, and the second was "Viparspectra", 1200 watt units. The price of the Kind units is about 1400 US, and the Viparspectra at about 500 US..

But I am getting the impression that would need about 10, 1200 watt fixtures for a couple plants in a 10 x 10 room ! I mean good grief, we are talking about something like 6000 US for the Viparspectra and about 17,000 US for the Kind fixtures !!

No way can I do that... So guess will have to stick with HP/HPS !

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geori For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (30-03-18), ERBURT (10-10-17), GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Big space to heat up so yeah best off with hps

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks

Leds can give of some heat due to the infrared leds, i would be more worried about noisy fans on some :P

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Medicalweed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasfreek View Post
    Why is it that companies are always slating leds from China? The fact is many of us are using them and they clearly do work. China just has the facilities and manufacturing expertise that many western countries don't have.

I've had a look at the crop lamps but I would want to see full specs (and a few grows) before believing your claims. 150 degree beam angle with 2w diodes, for instance...? Many of us are using 3w, 5w and now multi arrays, with either 60 degree or surface lenses. How will a 150 degree lens provide the penetrative power necessary for growing a plant that can easily reach 5 or 6 feet in height? What about spectrums? We need broad spectrums not just for flowering but for trichome/resin production; red and blue spectrums aren't enough for this. Are you offering any of your panels for testing?
    If you combine mutip!e 1w / 2w LEDs you are combining total ? That's not how it works in my opinion your realistically throwing 1w /2w at it ? If I have a 100w lightbulb in front room and decide to get x 50 2w bulbs would it create the same par I think not , only led I've ever seen come up anywhere near have been cree CXB3590 Panel with 6 cobs mounted on a Cooliance heatsink and anti moisture domes and that matched 600w HP's on a 1.2m pad , no saving on electric heat only and longer life possibly on a reliable unit , my opinion only

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Growmaster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-01-18)

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks for this thread as it's given me lots to think about. I'm in an apartment, so space is limited. I was thinking of using something like the Apollo GL60 but from what I've read here, it's overly optimistic to think this will cover the stated 5 sqft. I'm looking at two plants in a wardrobe (using scrog method) but I'm a bit confused as to the best LEDs to use for the most effective setup. I don't have loads of money to spend on this, but I also know that I'm investing for the future. Appreciate any tips you might have. Thanks!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast