Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: security on this site

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,403 Times

Default security on this site

I know alot of people post on here there grooms with pics etc and was wondering how secure it is. I use my mobile phone to use this site and wonder how secure am i?? Im paranoid ( alittle paranoia is good as it makes you cautious )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CocoMonkey For This Useful Post:

Gro-man (19-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Secure enough, as long as you're careful not to post information that might identify you.

Remember, "The Internet is a hostile environment and security is everybody's responsibility."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

CocoMonkey (30-01-13)

stephen07 Guest

Default security on this site

Never thought about it tbh , it's not like we are terrorist after all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stephen07 View Post
    Never thought about it tbh , it's not like we are terrorist after all
    Agreed. Never really bothered me, either.

For those that want a quick way of clearing their photo's metadata (which shows make, model of camera, settings, dates, etc), I always recommend people just take a screenshot of their photo. Alt+PrintScreen, open MS Paint, Ctrl+V to paste, save. Done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smacka View Post
    For those that want a quick way of clearing their photo's metadata (which shows make, model of camera, settings, dates, etc), I always recommend people just take a screenshot of their photo. Alt+PrintScreen, open MS Paint, Ctrl+V to paste, save. Done.
    I find these useful

JPEG & PNG Stripper: http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=30
    PngOptimizer: http://psydk.org/PngOptimizer.php

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Stirruphead (21-09-13)

Thanks

Oh, I forgot to say why... Saving as a lossy (JPEG) image will always reduce the image quality.

Those two tools don't touch the image data at all, just the metadata and the file structure.

Thanks

This site is very safe. Just use your common sense. Don't post a picture of you outside your front door holding a plant in the air.

Thanks

If you're really paranoid you can always download TOR; its just really slow.
    How paranoid you are should depend on what country you live in and how strict it is. If you live in America (not a legal state) - I'd be paranoid from what I hear about their war on drugs. I heard that cops in New York got caught planting drugs on easy targets like homeless people just so they could get their arrest quota up - seriously

Thanks

Tor can only access .onion domains on darknet, it can't access the w3.

I have helped the police several times with cctv and online fraud and the experience was similar to helping your grandparents write their first c++ class. The chances of them getting a warrant for thctalk, their isp and your isp, aggregating the relevant data and then obtaining and executing a warrant against you is rather small to say the least.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

Miss is there any program's for iPad that strip the data?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast