Thread: Odour Control

Thanks

Default Odour Control

ok this is a noob question so i figured novice section was the way to go.

i'm on a tight budget and growing with a 250W clf. I dont thnk temp is going to be an issue.

The closet i'm growing in isnt airtight, im not bothered about the smell going into the bedroom or even out the bedroom window, i'm more concerned about it making its way downstairs and out the front door, and i know it can!

Is a ruck and carbon filter going to be pointless without sealing the closet and creating a postive air flow by cutting vent holes? Are the essential oils (orange/lemon ect) sold by greens horti any good?

Seedlings just popping up (Diesel Ryder) so any smell prob is still a few weeks away.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom

CBD
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Thanks

depending the specs of the fan and the closet Id say that a forced extraction will create a system in which the leaks in your room will become passive intakes... Now if your not going to extract with the fan and filter then youll want a fan that can move the air 3 x or more a minute. Figure out the volume of your room and buy the proper fan with filter and regardless of leaks the air should be kept pretty clean

Monty Bong Guest

You also need to make sure the closet is light proof, any light leaking in through gaps in the woodwork will cause you problems when it comes to flowering.

Thanks

ok, thanks guys, i think i'll go for a home made carbon filter and ruck

Monty, what kind of problems am i inviting by not having a light proof closet during flowering?

Monty Bong Guest

If your grow space isn't light proof during flower the plants can become stressed, they can hermie, stop flowering or even start to reveg.

When growing indoors your plants need complete darkness for 12 hours to flower
    properly. If the wardrobe has cracks in the panels that allow light in you need to seal them before flowering, even a single LED on a timer switch could stop plants from flowering.

If you drill vent holes cover them with black speaker cloth or a pair of tights, something that will allow air in but not light.

Thanks

of course, thanks Monty, wasnt thinking.

i have a plan to fit some ply board inside the closet to light proof it, and maybe to set up the homemade carbon filter to vent into my attic space

Thanks

If you can get the plywood from scrap for cheap then do er up... In my end of the world Mylar is cheaper per foot then plywood and also more flexible and easier to mount to the walls... Also very light proof unless you accidentally poke a hole through it

Thanks

i'm not sure where i could get mylar, i struggled to find perlite!

Thanks

if mylar is difficult to find, then your plywood idea would be fine paint them flat white for best results.

Some interesting is not useful places to find mylar, Roadside emergancy blankets, Inside of Potato chip bags, You can also get vapour barrier from a DIY store that is black on one side and white on the other... There is a technical name for it poly something I can't think of it at the moment... Somebody reading should know and post it soon hopefully