Thread: How long before introducing hydro stage?

Thanks

Default How long before introducing hydro stage?

awrite folks i was wondering bout how long do i let my seedlings grow before i can place them into my flood and drain system, there about a week old the now looking nice and healthy. Another question i have is once they are in the fld an drain system should i water them just once a day??? The medium i am using is 4" rockwool blocks and i have noticed that the blocks can hold a lot of water so im guessing they wont need watered much to begin with.

Thanks

hiya you can easily check when your clones are ready by seeing whether the roots show through your rockwool blocks ,once they do they are ready for your hydro set up,once rooted your a go good luck

Thanks

hello dicky,im coming towards the end of my first grow useing rockwool and in a hydro unit,if i was you i would'nt put plants in hydro soon as roots show,wait untill the rockwool is is coverd in roots then it will be ready, i was too eager, and put mine in too soon it streased them big time, they all recoverd fine in the end but i won't make same mistake again..hope this helps dude

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by indicastu View Post
    hello dicky,im coming towards the end of my first grow useing rockwool and in a hydro unit,if i was you i would'nt put plants in hydro soon as roots show,wait untill the rockwool is is coverd in roots then it will be ready, i was too eager, and put mine in too soon it streased them big time, they all recoverd fine in the end but i won't make same mistake again..hope this helps dude
    awrite stu, i ended leavin them for a bit before they were put in, they all seem to be fine apart from them getin watered, i was only flooding the tray once a day, for fifteen mins but i feel that the 15 mins is too long, hav u had any problems similar to this??? cheers matey

Thanks

hi dicky, hope you sorted out any problems you had.sorry took so long to reply aint been on site for while been moving houses,anyway i dont flood mine i have it trickling out 24/7 ive had no problems what so ever i done a few dummy runs with nft unit b4 putting the plants in, as long as all the matting is getting water your plants should be all good let me know how your getting on dude..

Thanks

Cool

hi dicky, hope you sorted out any problems you had.sorry took so long to reply aint been on site for while been moving houses,anyway i dont flood mine i have it trickling out 24/7 ive had no problems what so ever i done a few dummy runs with nft unit b4 putting the plants in, as long as all the matting is getting water your plants should be all good let me know how your getting on dude..
    its cool mate, just to let u know its a flood and drain system i hav, everything looking better now since i have flushed em, and hopefully i am on the road to recovery, just out of curiousity how many times should i be watering per day ????? there just over a month old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dickyb77 View Post
    its cool mate, just to let u know its a flood and drain system i hav, everything looking better now since i have flushed em, and hopefully i am on the road to recovery, just out of curiousity how many times should i be watering per day ????? there just over a month old.
    to be honest i really don't know anything about flood and drain systems m8 but im sure there will be someone on this site who can help you best of luck with it all dude...peace out

Thanks

Cool

to be honest i really don't know anything about flood and drain systems m8 but im sure there will be someone on this site who can help you best of luck with it all dude...peace out
    Awrite stu i have been having probs wi my plants not sure if its mag deficiency or not, heres a couple of pics, u can give me your thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01052009985.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	4075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02052009987.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	4077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02052009988.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	4078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02052009994.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	4079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01052009986.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	4080  

Thanks

ive had the same problem recently with shrivelled yellowing leaves and mine was down to having the light to close and the fan on too strong heat n wind burn in effect other than that it might be nute burn but im on my first hydro grow so im no expert but at 4 weeks i was still using half strength nutes maybe dillute your feed a little...good luck dude