Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flowering from seed vs. auto flower

Thanks

Default Flowering from seed vs. auto flower

I'm growing in a PC case with a 200w CFL and wondering what would bring the best yield per month? I know autos finish quicker than flowering from seed, but is the quicker grow worth the presumably lower yield per plant?

My first grow was an auto and it was pathetic but I've learned a hell of a lot since then (thanks to this place!). Just wondering if its worth switching back? My thinking is that because autos use a constant 18/6 cycle vs the 12/12 of flowering from seed that the autos will be absorbing more energy per day and should be better, but I'd rather hear what you pro's have to say!
    First grow - Stealth PC Grow Afghan Kush Autoflower https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...obs-first-grow

Second grow - Stealth PC Grow WW x BB 12/12 https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...s-second-grow!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

I have never grown autos before, I dont mind vegging for 3/4 weeks until filp under a 400w hps , if I was small n stealth I reckon I would use low stress training on a 12/12 strains

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybud3232 For This Useful Post:

Smokechoke (06-03-13)

Thanks

That's what I'm doing at the moment with nice results - but I'm always looking to improve

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,431 Times

The auto will be quicker and the yeild should not matter as its such a small space so, swings and roundabouts

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

I've thought about this. I've never tested it, give it a go. Order a regular seed, and an auto of the same strain from the same breeder. That way the genetics will be as close as possible.

I tend to think an auto with solid genetics would produce more because it can be under 18 or 20 hours of light. It will use more energy, thus producing more buds. Just my train of thought. However, this doesn't apply to grows with larger area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.UnclePen View Post
    I tend to think an auto with solid genetics would produce more because it can be under 18 or 20 hours of light. It will use more energy, thus producing more buds. Just my train of thought. However, this doesn't apply to grows with larger area.
    That was my thinking too...

Problem is if I were to test it would mean interrupting my perpetual grow which is 12/12 from seed right now. If I build up a bit of stock then I'll definitely try it and see.

Thanks

From my understanding, autos process light differently so I'm not exactly sure if your hypothesis about the 18/6 vs 12/12 would pan out. Also, I'm guessing you could probably pull a higher THC % from a regular 12/12 than an auto.

Thanks

So i have a 1.5 ft by 1.5 ft by 4ft tall with a Waterfarm under a 100w Blackstar LED and i have grown autos in an airpot but now growing hydro i wanna know this exact question auto or photo 12/12 i have a northern lights blue auto and a photosensitive afgahn kush x yumbolt what should i do? Heres the set up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	178536  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,575 Times

Id expect autos to be perfect for this type of set up in all honesty.

Id have thought the thing restricting yield would be the pc case.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tokersupreme For This Useful Post:

Smokechoke (06-03-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tokersupreme View Post
    Id expect autos to be perfect for this type of set up in all honesty.

Id have thought the thing restricting yield would be the pc case.
    I grew a couple in soil and none got to stuff it the one photo got so big in here it ws rediculous but i veged it for 6 weeks
    Im gunna veg afgahn kus x yumbolt for 3 weeks and flip the lights
    Last edited by Smokechoke; 06-03-13 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Addd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast