Thread: Watering Feeding in Coco

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Watering Feeding in Coco

Hey All.

Today I moved my ladies ( I hope) into 20l pots from small seedling pots.

See Diary thread here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069462534

I have a questions as to how much I should water them feed them.

I only gave them a small plastic party cup of water when I moved them over as I dont want to shock the shit out of them with too much nutes.

My nutrients are in my water bucket, mixed every 4 days.

Should I give them a proper watering now, like water the full 20L of soil with nutrient feed, or should I give them normal water. and only gradually build up the amount of nutrient rich water.

Also should I be watering them with normal water that has no nutrients in it as well because I have just been giving them water with nutrients mixed in.

Maybe they need a break every other day with just plain water?

Advice appreciated.
    Last edited by weed2free; 20-02-13 at 08:22 PM.

2. "Nah m8 you doing it wrong, once transplanted , flood your pots really fast with a nuit mix and iff its a fair size and plenty of roots feed daily to around 20percent run off, iff its small feed every few days at same ratio for a week or 2 until the roots get established then daily."

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 15

Default Re: Watering Feeding in Coco

Find a grow diary similar to your grow my friend but it's hard to over water in coco I always would water till runoff and you should not water with plain water start at half strength nutes and work your way up

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatso For This Useful Post:

weed2free (20-02-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times
    Provided Answers: 76

i done lots of research on feeding coco,so many different answers!this i believe is just that different growers have different ways of doing things,i just gave water phed to 5.8 for first 2 weeks this is roughly long enough to have a good root system,at begin week3 fed 1/3 strength nutes,begin week4 2/3rds and after this i been told by boycie they need feeding everyday!this seems to be working well for me,of course we are probably using different nutes but at least this gives you some idea,be careful mixing nutes and leaving them for days,as some become noxious to the plant after some time,best imo only to mix up what you can use in a single feed.i personally use dutch pro nutes for hard water,mixed fresh every day.the ph is most important to get right from the off or you will have nutrient lock out problems,5.8 im told is perfect for coco.hope this is some help good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (20-02-13)

jimmi420 Guest

Nah m8 you doing it wrong, once transplanted , flood your pots really fast with a nuit mix and iff its a fair size and plenty of roots feed daily to around 20percent run off, iff its small feed every few days at same ratio for a week or 2 until the roots get established then daily.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

FACE (20-02-13), mc6pack (20-02-13)

Thanks

Thanks Fatso

10. The Following User Says Thank You to weed2free For This Useful Post:

fatso (20-02-13)

Thanks

Thanks Duke 1

Thanks

Thanks jimmi420 I will give them a full watering tomorrow till run off.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to weed2free For This Useful Post:

Friday Guest

Default Watering Feeding in Coco

Quote Originally Posted by weed2free View Post
    Hey All.

Today I moved my ladies ( I hope) into 20l pots from small seedling pots.

See Diary thread here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069462534

I have a questions as to how much I should water them feed them.

I only gave them a small plastic party cup of water when I moved them over as I dont want to shock the shit out of them with too much nutes.

My nutrients are in my water bucket, mixed every 4 days.

Should I give them a proper watering now, like water the full 20L of soil with nutrient feed, or should I give them normal water. and only gradually build up the amount of nutrient rich water.

Also should I be watering them with normal water that has no nutrients in it as well because I have just been giving them water with nutrients mixed in.

Maybe they need a break every other day with just plain water?

Advice appreciated.
    Hi mate.
    Right when I pot up I always give the pot a good soaking before I plant the plant then I give it a little water/feed to settle it in.
    With coco u want to use nutes in every feed, I start my seedlings at 0.6 but that's from when they have sprouted and are established for a few days - before then I give them plain water for the 1st few days at my background Ec of 0.3. If uv potted up into ur final 20l pot then I'm guessing ur plant is quite established and is a good few nodes high - if so I run my Ec for late veg at Ec1.0 - 1.4 strain dependant as all strains take their nutes different.

Friday
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tyliee-#128523

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times
    Provided Answers: 181

Default Watering Feeding in Coco

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    i done lots of research on feeding coco,so many different answers!this i believe is just that different growers have different ways of doing things,i just gave water phed to 5.8 for first 2 weeks this is roughly long enough to have a good root system,at begin week3 fed 1/3 strength nutes,begin week4 2/3rds and after this i been told by boycie they need feeding everyday!this seems to be working well for me,of course we are probably using different nutes but at least this gives you some idea,be careful mixing nutes and leaving them for days,as some become noxious to the plant after some time,best imo only to mix up what you can use in a single feed.i personally use dutch pro nutes for hard water,mixed fresh every day.the ph is most important to get right from the off or you will have nutrient lock out problems,5.8 im told is perfect for coco.hope this is some help good luck.
    Good call Duke. So glad I told you the truth lol..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (21-02-13)