Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you know if your depressed

Cuda Guest

Default How do you know if your depressed

I get insomnia a lot and when I can sleep deep enough to dream I get nightmares but Im also starting to get real angry at nothing and woke up this morning not wanting to get out of bed and felt down all day. I had a row with the missus which is happening a lot at the moment and I'm hating my job that I used to love. I want to move house but can't and think its all getting to me. How do I know if I should see a doc or not. Its not free out here and dont want to go just to be told Im worrying about nothing.

Friday Guest

Default How do you know if your depressed

Sorry to hear ur feeling shitty and down at the min mate, if ur feeling this way then that's not good and maybe the docs is the best opinion but I'd try doing some exercise each day, even ifs its just a good fast walk maybe that might help with the sleeping and it'll also get u out of the surroundings that are making u feel down.
    Hope ur feeling better soon dude

Friday
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tyliee-#128523

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Friday For This Useful Post:

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

lack of sleep can cause anyone to get moody..I sometimes find it hard to sleep and the next day I just want to stay in bed and not talk to anyone..Good luck..see a doc if you have to though

Looking for New Pastures

5. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

jimmi420 Guest

Pull your socks up man, put it to one side and push on through, you be good.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

Mindless (09-03-13), Mr Swilly (08-03-13)

Cuda Guest

Default Re: How do you know if your depressed

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    Pull your socks up man, put it to one side and push on through, you be good.
    Its not that easy. Ive tried and it just makes me worse.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    Sorry to hear ur feeling shitty and down at the min mate, if ur feeling this way then that's not good and maybe the docs is the best opinion but I'd try doing some exercise each day, even ifs its just a good fast walk maybe that might help with the sleeping and it'll also get u out of the surroundings that are making u feel down.
    Hope ur feeling better soon dude

Friday
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tyliee-#128523
    I know the insomnia is caused by working late. If I get out of work after midnight I wont be able to sleep til about 5am. I work hard too so get lots of exercise running around serving customers and singing too. Most the time I feel down about feelin down. I also havent smoked for a month. Waiting to dry my Cream 47 as I only started getting nightmares when I ate a load of space cake made with critical!! I got C99 seeds as its ment to be a great anti-depressive.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

It's often hard to tell the difference between clinical depression, and simply being down because things are shit, i've had (and currently have both) one of the most accurate things i've ever heard about depression is that it's a full time job, it gets in the way of everything, and it makes things worse when people close to you don't take it seriously and expect you to be perky and with it all the time,

Friday was bang on with exercise, its one of the best cures, you might feel like unmotivated shit, but DO IT! you WILL feel better afterwards, get the natural endorphins flowing and it gives you a boost to start to tackle other issues, (walking about and keeping active is healthy, but doesnt get things flowing the same as a proper workout)

does your missus know how your feeling or does she think your just 'moody'?

also, weed can get you through bad times, but never rely on it to solve the issues making you down....well, unless you're down about having no weed...you say you havent smoked in a month, is that normal? does it match up in any way to how long you've felt like this?
    Last edited by Strider; 08-03-13 at 12:50 AM.
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

meep (29-07-15), Petal (08-03-13), platinum_rouge (08-03-13), THE DUDE ABIDES (08-03-13), turnkey (26-09-14)

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    It's often hard to tell the difference between clinical depression, and simply being down because things are shit, i've had (and currently have both) one of the most accurate things i've ever heard about depression is that it's a full time job, it gets in the way of everything, and it makes things worse when people close to you don't take it seriously and expect you to be perky and with it all the time,

Friday was bang on with exercise, its one of the best cures, you might feel like unmotivated shit, but DO IT! you WILL feel better afterwards, get the natural endorphins flowing and it gives you a boost to start to tackle other issues, (walking about and keeping active is healthy, but doesnt get things flowing the same as a proper workout)

does your missus know how your feeling or does she think your just 'moody'?

also, weed can get you through bad times, but never rely on it to solve the issues making you down....well, unless you're down about having no weed...you say you havent smoked in a month, is that normal? does it match up in any way to how long you've felt like this?
    I quit smoking for 5 years and was trying to get my missus to quit so I tried to find proof of how harmful it is. Obviously I couldnt as its not but thats what started me growing. After my first crop I thought Im not spending all this effort without trying it so started smoking again. That was a few years back. I only smoke at night now tho.

It was about a month ago when I ran out of skunk and had the critical. The nightmares I keep getting are horrific movie style dreams but they are lucid yet uncontrollable.

My missus only understands now as I broke down to her last week. I couldnt hold back the tears anymore or put a happy face on. Shes my rock really but forgets what Im feeling at times.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

Petal (08-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

I feel for you man, I really do, often bottling it up can be the hardest part, there is so much pressure on people, guys especially, to suck it up and keep it to themselves, ut thats just not practical, you need to let your friends know whats going on before they can help, if that means crying in their arms, so be it, silence takes strength, but if often takes even more to let someone in

a daft wee cartoon i saw on facebook the other day made a good point, when someone breaks a leg, has a virus, has some sort of accident, they cant WAIT to tell people, but we have such a repressed attitude to mental issues that we keep it all to ourselves and tell ourselves that people don't want to hear about your problems, you know you've got us lot here anyway

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Funny-Trucker (10-03-13), Grandad (09-03-13), meep (01-06-15), Petal (08-03-13), Withakay (20-08-15)

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    I feel for you man, I really do, often bottling it up can be the hardest part, there is so much pressure on people, guys especially, to suck it up and keep it to themselves, ut thats just not practical, you need to let your friends know whats going on before they can help, if that means crying in their arms, so be it, silence takes strength, but if often takes even more to let someone in

a daft wee cartoon i saw on facebook the other day made a good point, when someone breaks a leg, has a virus, has some sort of accident, they cant WAIT to tell people, but we have such a repressed attitude to mental issues that we keep it all to ourselves and tell ourselves that people don't want to hear about your problems, you know you've got us lot here anyway
    I tried to tell my 2 best mates that I thought I might be depressed. They laughed and said I wasnt at all. They dont understand. Thats the night I broke down to my missus. Blokes arent ment to cry so It comes out in anger but I dont meen to. My mum always said I shouldnt bottle my feelings up and tried to get me to see a shrink when I was a kid but I refused to go. Wish I had now. I also get angry at myself for not letting it out at people who deserve it. People wind me up and I just smile and bottle it up. Then when the missus winds me up she gets both barrels. Im not violent with her and would never hurt her but I get nasty with words. Then feel shit for going mad at her. Im also terrified of getting into a fight coz the way I feel im scared I'll kill someone so avoid confrontations which winds me up too. Its driving me mad.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

greenthumb123 (08-03-13)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast