Default Re: How do you know if your depressed

Quote Originally Posted by T3D View Post
    Chin up pal hope you can sort things soon
    Cheers mate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

T3D (08-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,351 Times

Hello Sarge, sorry to hear of your problems mate. I totally get what you are saying about the men dont cry routine, I lived with it for years. All I can say is if you feel it let it out mate you will feel much better, it is bottling it up that leads to worse problems further down the line. I am hearing of depression more and more around the area where I live. I do hope you get it sorted mate, depression is one of the worst things in life to go through.

Thanks

Depression and anxiety is no joke, it drains you. Making your everyday life complete shit. I've been struggling with this too, i'm fine now but there are periods that brings me down real bad. For me, the best way to cope with it is to try and stay on the positive side, forget all the bullshit that messes with you. Smoke a fat j or bowl and meditate, 15mins a day is enough. Sounds fucking lame i know but it really does wonders.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sensi Head For This Useful Post:

greenthumb123 (08-03-13), Petal (08-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

When I'm feeling like that I like to think that things could always be a lot worse... Things could be a million times worse in fact. Think about the woman who had her face ripped off by a gorilla.

Boh.. Imagine that shit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Sensi Head (08-03-13)

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    When I'm feeling like that I like to think that things could always be a lot worse... Things could be a million times worse in fact. Think about the woman who had her face ripped off by a gorilla.

Boh.. Imagine that shit.
    I do but it dont help with things. I have a job, enough money to live and grow too and I live in paradise but I cant help the way I feel. I know there are loads of people who are worse off then me and I do apreciate what I have. My dad was a buddist and told me to meditate. I might start going to the beach in the morning to meditate for a while. I love the sea. I dont want to feel like this anymore.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,351 Times

Listen Sarge, the whole point of depression is that things cannot be any worse for the person who suffers it. Therefore, comments like pull yourself together, there is always someone worse off blah blah blah will only make you feel more guilty for feeling the way you do in the first place. Bollocks to that mate, if you ever need to unload anything just give me a shout, I am a great listener and like you am around most of the time.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greenthumb123 For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (14-08-15), meep (29-07-15), Petal (08-03-13)

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greenthumb123 View Post
    Listen Sarge, the whole point of depression is that things cannot be any worse for the person who suffers it. Therefore, comments like pull yourself together, there is always someone worse off blah blah blah will only make you feel more guilty for feeling the way you do in the first place. Bollocks to that mate, if you ever need to unload anything just give me a shout, I am a great listener and like you am around most of the time.
    Apreciate it and yeah it does. I could be worse but feel worse because of it. I just showed my missus this thread and she wants me to see a doc so Im gonna save some cash and go see the doc. Just hope they speak english or Im fucked.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sensi Head View Post
    Depression and anxiety is no joke, it drains you. Making your everyday life complete shit. I've been struggling with this too, i'm fine now but there are periods that brings me down real bad. For me, the best way to cope with it is to try and stay on the positive side, forget all the bullshit that messes with you. Smoke a fat j or bowl and meditate, 15mins a day is enough. Sounds fucking lame i know but it really does wonders.
    Just saw this post and it really does mess with you. Tonight in work I just wanted to walk out and go sit by the sea but Id loose my job and fuck my life up if I did. Its a good job Im not stupid but if it were'nt for my missus and my stepson I might not care as much. My missus has booked us some time off for a few days holiday. I havent been anywhere but fraggle rock for 10 years!!! That might help a bit plus its something to look forward too.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

greenthumb123 (08-03-13), Petal (08-03-13), SouthCoastSmokers (08-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

I get what your saying about the psych as a kid, I had similar, i was a messed up angry angry young guy, and because id been told by one shitty unprofessional nurse that i was 'just attention seeking' and it put me off the idea of help for YEARS, i took perverse pride in being a fuck up 'fuck those doctor pricks, cant help me, i'm awesome' ect ect, and it took me a long time, and getting a lot worse, till in the last year or two i opened up to my GP a bit and explained how i felt, he took me seriously without a hint that he thought i was wasting his time, he wanted me on anti depressants and to see a psych, which im not quite ready for, but in the meantime, i've been put on mild anti-psychos which ain't perfect, but def take the extreme edges off, let me sleep a bit easier, and stop me wanting to stuff bricks and nails down peoples throats 24/7, i'm not saying that's an answer for everyone, but its worth thinking about, with what you're saying, i'd consider the doc, depression is no simple thing, it directly fucks with your quality of life, more than the flu or a broken leg ever will, mental well being is vital.

And never be afraid to cry, to fuckery with macho crap, its something that needs out, you don't repress your shit, piss, sneezes or vomit do you? don't repress having a greet when things seem their lowest
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Budmore (08-03-13), greenthumb123 (08-03-13), Petal (08-03-13), topscouser (08-03-13), _Whisperer (08-03-13)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast