Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why the hell arent they screamingit?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Scrogger View Post

Its funny how they place emphasis on the synthetic side of things eh. Even going as far as saying that combining canabinoids with chemotherapy would be more beneficial!!! BOLLOCKS CRUK.... BOLLOCKS!!!!!! Synthetics can be patented and used for profit!!! Chemotherapy is fucking poisonous to humans!!!!! This topic REALLY makes me fuckin angry!!!!! These people are CRIMINALS only interested in money!!!!! They are getting away with fraud!!!! They claim synthetic chemicals made in a lab are the ONLY way of doing things!!!!! FUCK CANCER RESEARCH!!!!!! FUCK THE DRUG COMPANIES!!!!! FUCK THE DOCTORS!!!! FUCK THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!

Millions of stoners world wide can't be wrong!!!!! The people I have helped in the US didn't get better because of chemotherapy!!!! By the time I finished with advising them they didn't NEED chemotherapy!!!!!

Sorry.... Rant over!! :thumbup:

Sent from the Land of Eternal Sunshine via Tapatalk II
    WHOA, the mouth on that guy! you go Sgt!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (20-03-13)

Thanks

GW Pharma have just taken a patent out for the extraction of cannaboid chemicals and using them to treat cancer.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2013/0059018.html

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tricone For This Useful Post:

psychocannanaut (19-03-13), VMAX (19-03-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tricone View Post
    GW Pharma have just taken a patent out for the extraction of cannaboid chemicals and using them to treat cancer.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2013/0059018.html
    Thanks tricone, Ive been looking for this. Just need to get it translated now....

Yes Whisperer, it stinks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

tricone (19-03-13)

Thanks

Thats a good read, most is in chinese though

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

tricone (19-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

thanks vmax for posting this,i too find the emphasis on synthetic shit offensive,when will they figure out that mother nature makes the medicine in the best possible way!they dont need to fuck with it and do away with half the fucking ingredients!its like making a cake and leaving out the eggs and sugar all you get is a bad tasting mess that no one wants,because its not right,just leave us to make our own medicine,the way we want to take it!its the same reason i dont like money motivated medicine,the emphasis should be on making medecines that work!day after day i watch my wife throwing her guts up from the shit chemicals they give her,tonight i made my first iso oil from some trim i scrounged from the local cash cropper,after days of sifting through a large bag of diseased and rotting foliage we managed just over a pound dried and frozen,after making it i gave my missus just a tiny bit to eat,quite a few hours later she suddenly turned to me and said"do you realise i havent taken my pills and im not hurting,feeling sick or saying ooowww every time i move" even though we only managed a few grams from all the work it was so worth it just to hear that.thanks to all of you on the forum who have helped us and others to find this great medicine that mother nature in her wisdom provided!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

Darrens (26-03-13), FoxyLady (20-03-13), VMAX (20-03-13), _Whisperer (19-03-13)

Icon Guest

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (20-03-13), _Whisperer (19-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

Here's the actual patent application... not sure if it's the same info as yours tricone, my visions a bit blury atm (just medicating )
    http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...2+AND+cannabis

14. The Following User Says Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (20-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

The big question here really is basically... how can a company, (any company) patent a part of a plant ~or any living organism for that matter~ for a particular use, or a particular group of uses? be it for some thing as hard hitting as cancer or other wise

Does it compare to for example snake venom, where research is doing a lot for important medical breakthroughs... or if they suddenly found something in potato skin that was a cure for aids... who would even have the right to patent it as ownership to the treatment of anything!!?

The simple answer can only be, if you happen to be a company that pay billions in taxes to government(s), you'll get a break. I can't really see anything else to it... I wont be surprised if over the next 10 years or so many other smaller patents will appear for other uses of both hemp & cannabis, as it has so many good uses!!

Or am I just the conspiracy theorist

16. The Following User Says Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (20-03-13)

Icon Guest

Often these patents are for the ways in which things are extracted amongst other things.
    But patents are only ever in effect for 20 years then its a free for all so its not the end of the world either way so yes whisperer you do have a little of the tin hat in your thought process but then there are also serious profits to be made in the short to medium term and massive investments so people should be able to protect there investments to a certain degree surly.

Also you can buy shares in these companies if you want to help with their funding and you would also reap a dividend from the patent in this manner

ATB
    Icon

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (20-03-13), _Whisperer (20-03-13)

Cuda Guest

Default Re: why the hell arent they screamingit?

I am pretty sure they can NOT put a patent on something derived from mother nature.... However they are putting patents on molecules they replicate from mother nature and create in a lab as best they can, be it THC with other chemicals or CBD with other chemicals or BOTH with other chemicals. The problem is these OTHER CHEMICALS!!!! They are not natural parts of the ganja plant and do not belong to mother nature and also don't belong in the human body!!!!!

Sent from the Land of Eternal Sunshine via Tapatalk II
    Last edited by Cuda; 20-03-13 at 06:06 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

FoxyLady (20-03-13), _Whisperer (20-03-13)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast