Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Overdrive + canna a&b

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,116 Times
    Provided Answers: 10

Default Answered: Overdrive + canna a&b

Okay, i have big bud, pk 13/14 + canna coco a+b, i'm thinking of replacing my PK13/14 with overdrive, but the PK ratio is massively different, can advanced nutrients be used with canna coco a+b base nutrients?

Also, I'm really confused with the advanced nutrients base nutrients, i'm guessing i would need sensi grow a+b, as well as sensi bloom a + b, and a week after flip, change to the bloom base nutrients?

My problem with that, is right now, as well as buying other stuff, i don't want to be over buying too much, and much less under buying.

I am unsure of the dilution ratio for AN base nutes, so how much do you think i would need for say, 4 plants, given around 1-2L a day each, with roughly 8 week veg + 8 week flower?, so i know how much to buy really, thanks.

2. "PK13/14 is meant to be given as a one hit deal, during week 6. This makes it a late bloom PK booster.
    Overdrive is not just for extra P & K, it also contains stuff like amino acids, which help nutrient uptake and growth enhancers.
    Bud Candy is a waste of money, it is just to add flavour. I am sorry, but I want my bud to taste of bud, not a chemical enhansement.
    If you are in coco, you can use AN Sensi grow or bloom at the appropriate time.
    I am on record as being abig fan of AN Sensi, probably should get sponsorship by AN.
    However, I am using Plagron coco nutes in half my coco grow, Canna coco in the other half and none using AN Sensi.
    I use Big Bud and Overdrive with both these nutrients at the appropriate times.

I have been experimenting trying to lower the EC's as much as the plants will allow and am now down to an EC of 1.2 in full bloom.
    This is made up from around 1.75ml per l of Plagron or Canna A & B, plus 1ml per l of Big Bud and 1ml per l of Overdrive when they are used.
    The EC is adjusted back to the 1.0 in early flower and 1.2 in mid/late flower by adding water.

The last 2 harvests I have had did not even use Overdrive but was still over 15oz yield from a 400W light, ran by a total novice. Room setup is more or less perfect though.
    W"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times
    Provided Answers: 78

Pk13/14 is an early flower booster, providing a kick up the arse for the plant to get going

Overdrive is a late flower booster, designed to give your plants what they need for an extra push at the end

Not one or the other...but both

Can't comment on advanced nutes as I don't know fuck all

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

Bipper (17-03-13), Shinigami (14-03-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1 View Post
    Pk13/14 is an early flower booster, providing a kick up the arse for the plant to get going

Overdrive is a late flower booster, designed to give your plants what they need for an extra push at the end

Not one or the other...but both

Can't comment on advanced nutes as I don't know fuck all
    Oh, i must have received some bad information then, well then, what's AN's version of PK13/14?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigami For This Useful Post:

fatso (14-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times
    Provided Answers: 78

Haven't got a clue mate, just use normal pk from canna if you can't find it (or tomorite iv proved it works)
    Iv just had a look on their site and can't find anything labelled as pk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

Shinigami (14-03-13)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 15

Default Re: Overdrive + canna a&b

I'm just trying big bud seems good I'm using it from week 2 like it ses on bottle to end of week 4 then 1 week of pk then 2 weeks overdrive then flush about 1 week
    I wasn't going to use the pk but thought why not so I will post results when I'm done or have a look at my diary hammerhead I think is there pk but I have spent enough now

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fatso For This Useful Post:

Bipper (17-03-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1 View Post
    Haven't got a clue mate, just use normal pk from canna if you can't find it (or tomorite iv proved it works)
    Iv just had a look on their site and can't find anything labelled as pk
    Me neither, and their basic all inclusive pack consists of Big bud, sensi grow a+b, bloom a+b, overdrive and sometimes bud candy... so i'd assumed that the overdrive was the PK13/14 equivelant, but i did take a look at the PK ratio, and with it being HUGELY different to pk13/14 i did have suspicions, which i then passed down to that it works with the bloom a+b and gets the right ratios from there, hence why i asked if i can use it with canna a+b.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigami For This Useful Post:

Mr Pothead (14-03-13)

Thanks

So, big bud, overdrive + pk13/14 can be used together (obviously not at the same time)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shinigami For This Useful Post:

fatso (14-03-13), Markyx5 (25-11-13), Mr Pothead (14-03-13)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 15

Default Re: Overdrive + canna a&b

Yes I done a bit of googling and others do it what they do is an say use bigbud week 2 to end of 4 and overdrive for 2 weeks before flush on longer flower strains you can get a week of pk between

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times
    Provided Answers: 581

PK13/14 is meant to be given as a one hit deal, during week 6. This makes it a late bloom PK booster.
    Overdrive is not just for extra P & K, it also contains stuff like amino acids, which help nutrient uptake and growth enhancers.
    Bud Candy is a waste of money, it is just to add flavour. I am sorry, but I want my bud to taste of bud, not a chemical enhansement.
    If you are in coco, you can use AN Sensi grow or bloom at the appropriate time.
    I am on record as being abig fan of AN Sensi, probably should get sponsorship by AN.
    However, I am using Plagron coco nutes in half my coco grow, Canna coco in the other half and none using AN Sensi.
    I use Big Bud and Overdrive with both these nutrients at the appropriate times.

I have been experimenting trying to lower the EC's as much as the plants will allow and am now down to an EC of 1.2 in full bloom.
    This is made up from around 1.75ml per l of Plagron or Canna A & B, plus 1ml per l of Big Bud and 1ml per l of Overdrive when they are used.
    The EC is adjusted back to the 1.0 in early flower and 1.2 in mid/late flower by adding water.

The last 2 harvests I have had did not even use Overdrive but was still over 15oz yield from a 400W light, ran by a total novice. Room setup is more or less perfect though.
    W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (14-03-13), Mr Pothead (14-03-13), Shinigami (14-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times
    Provided Answers: 181

Default Overdrive + canna a&b

Quote Originally Posted by TokeItBitch View Post
    So, big bud, overdrive + pk13/14 can be used together (obviously not at the same time)
    Yes mate.. Bigbud when flowers first show.. Then 1 or 2 week of pk 13/14 & overdrive at the end before flush...

This grow I went bloombastic week 1.2.3 pk 4.5.. Overdrive week 6/7 then flush..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast