Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana and your Testicles

Thanks

Lets just admit it,

No-one has a fucking clue what causes cancer...

Thanks

Obviously, this is bad if it's true, but there are some things to consider:

They studied 369 men aged 18 to 44, who had been diagnosed with testicular cancer, and quizzed them about marijuana use.
    Their replies were compared to those from almost 1,000 apparently healthy control subjects.
    Even after adjusting the figures to take account of the other known risk factors, marijuana use remained a clear risk factor for testicular cancer.
    This leaves out something crucial: the rate of marijuana use among the healthy population in the area and the rate of marijuana use among the testicular cancer patients. If there is no increased marijuana usage rate among cancer patients when compared to the rate of marijuana usage among healthy subjects, that is if both testicular cancer patients and healthy people smoke the same amount, then you can't reach the conclusion that marijuana usage increases the cancer rate. Can someone check my logic?

And, sure enough, from a CNN article on it:

Overall, 26 percent of the testicular cancer patients were pot smokers (15 percent who used daily or weekly) at the time of diagnosis, compared with 20 percent of men without cancer (10 percent who used daily or weekly).
    Link.

26% of the testicular cancer patient population vs. 20% of the healthy selected control population? 15% heavy use in the cancer patient pop vs. 10% heavy use in the control pop?

The way they probably got the increased risk of 2.3 times is by comparing it to the marijuana usage rate for the entire population of the US, not just those with similar characteristics of the patients (namely age and gender). Since age and gender are the two biggest risk factors for testicular cancer (you know, girls don't get testicular cancer and have a significantly lower rate of marijuana usage), I'm calling bullshit.

Anyone else agree?
    "Certain
    Kinds of people that we like to know, yeah
    And others gotta go
    If you wait 'till you're ready, then you'll never make an amends"

Thanks

yeah but smoking anything is bad for ya, doesnt mean you cant vape or consume in other ways

i couldnt give a fuck anyway

Thanks

My balls are as round and as hairy as ever
    You aint seen nuffin' yet...

Monty Bong Guest

if your worried I would advise giving them a massage daily, i'm 39 and it's worked for me so far..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    if your worried I would advise giving them a massage daily, i'm 39 and it's worked for me so far..
    id rather just ignore them and hope for the best, but i should probably get in the habit. im a bit of a hypocondriac tho so that doesnt help much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    thats an interesting result considering this study run in spain that shows THC is an effective chemical in killing brain cancer cells.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/brain-ca...ss_advancedmed

Its more than Just Spain that has found these types of results. The most visual of which I can show you is The Seth Group

http://www.sethgroup.com

Seth Group is located in San Fransico CA, and they are probably having a hard time getting more samples from the University of Minnisota where all American weed is controled for supply to researchers.

This is a good landing page if you are looking for medical proof that THC neutralizes cancer cells from all ranges of cancer. Dont fucking believe that politically influenced study when they obvious fucked the numbers.

So here is a good source of Info if you really want to know the trueth;

http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=748

There are over 30 independant research studies with links to their medical papers and journal publications regarding their results on the use of THC to fight all types of cancer ranging from brain cancer to colon cancer...

http://safeaccess.ca/research/cancer.htm

Before believing that THC causes testicle cancer read the above journals

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    Boiling hot tea gives you throat cancer!

hahha
    so does oral sex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    More government bullshit telling you it causes what it cures so they can make a mint out of you while you die ..

you know the score big time!
    because they cant patent the constituants that are in marijuana they have to synthesis it (GW Pharmacuticals).

I hate my countries government so much, that un democratically elected wierdo (Brown) was on morning TV and he said something like...we need to eradicate these "lethal" strains of cannabis from our streets....

since when has cannabis been anywhere near as lethal as fucking tobacco or alcohol
    lethal means it can kill you....this guys running our country....scary shit man.
    why does he allow GW to produce tons of the stuff in the the UK if its so fucking damn lethal
    what a cont.

Thanks

Default here is tha link

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04...nabis_science/

how many people do you know that grow or smoke a strain of cannabis that lethal?????.

me neither.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast