Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana and your Testicles

Thanks

Post Marijuana and your Testicles

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7869709.stm

Marijuana testicular cancer link

Frequent or long-term marijuana use may raise a man's risk of testicular cancer, American research suggests.

The study of 369 men, published in the journal Cancer, found being a regular marijuana user doubled the risk compared to those who never smoked it.
    The results suggest that it may be linked to the most aggressive form of the cancer.
    A spokesman for Cancer Research UK said that no previous studies had found a link between marijuana and the disease.
    Testicular cancer is one of the most common cancers in younger men, with approximately 2,000 new cases each year in the UK.
    Incidence in Europe and North America is far higher than in some other parts of the world, and has been rising steadily for no apparent reason.
    Known risk factors for the cancer include previous injuries to the testicles, a family history of the disease, or suffering from undescended testicles as a young child.
    The study from scientists at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle is the first to look specifically at marijuana use in relation to the disease.
    They studied 369 men aged 18 to 44, who had been diagnosed with testicular cancer, and quizzed them about marijuana use.
    Their replies were compared to those from almost 1,000 apparently healthy control subjects.
    Even after adjusting the figures to take account of the other known risk factors, marijuana use remained a clear risk factor for testicular cancer.
    Just being a marijuana smoker seemed to carry a 70% extra risk, while those who smoked it regularly, or had smoked from an early age, had twice the risk compared to those who had never smoked it.
    A connection was made to nonseminoma, a fast-growing form of testicular cancer which accounts for approximately 40% of all cases, and tends to strike younger.

Puberty chance
    Dr Janet Daling, one of the authors, said that puberty might be a "window of opportunity" during which boys were more vulnerable to environmental factors such as the chemicals in marijuana.

"This is consistent with the study's findings that the elevated risk of nonseminoma-type testicular cancer in particular was associated with marijuana use prior to 18," she said.
    Another research, Dr Stephen Schwartz, said: "What young men should know is first, we know very little about the long-term health consequences of marijuana smoking, especially heavy marijuana smoking, and second, our study provides some evidence that testicular cancer could be one adverse consequence."
    The next step, he said, would be to look more closely at cells in the testicles to see if any of them had receptors set up to respond to cannabis chemicals.
    Henry Scowcroft, from Cancer Research UK, said: "As the researchers themselves point out, this is the first inkling that there is any association between chronic marijuana use and testicular cancer.
    "But the researchers only interviewed a relatively small number of men.
    "So before we can reach any firm conclusions about whether this is a cause-and-effect relationship, rather than a statistical blip, the result needs to be replicated in a much larger study."
    It's not harmful they said. Can't harm you because it's natural they said. I just want this as a told you so. Being a pothead gets to be a drag at times.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thanks

found being a regular marijuana user doubled the risk compared to those who never smoked it.

so people who dont smoke then?
    so rolling bacci in a joint is going to raise the risk of cancer?

fuck me, im ringin the news of the world, ill be rich!

Thanks

thats an interesting result considering this study run in spain that shows THC is an effective chemical in killing brain cancer cells.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/brain-ca...ss_advancedmed
    Tiger got to hunt,
    Bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"
    Tiger got to sleep,
    Bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand.

-K. Vonnegut

Thanks

so if your brains are in your bollocks your okay?

Thanks

More government bullshit telling you it causes what it cures so they can make a mint out of you while you die ..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    More government bullshit telling you it causes what it cures so they can make a mint out of you while you die ..
    WORD to that m8

Thanks

I'm sure I could write an arguement that shows smoking weed causes it to rain in Bhutan if i used enough 'seem's and 'most's.

If I only asked weed smokers in Bhutan during the rainy season that might help (about the same as testing under 400 18-44 year olds from the Seattle area).

At least the article is honest about its sources, I'm not about to stub out. ;0)
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    so if your brains are in your bollocks your okay?
    Well I think with my cock so I'm okay!

Thanks

I wouldn' worry about it lads, you can get cancer from every fooking thing these days........even Bacon and burnt toast (apparently)

If we listened to everything they told us to do we would be robotic square heads.

Anyway 1 in 3 people will get Cancer at some point suring their lives. So we may aswell do what we fooking well like!

Thanks

Boiling hot tea gives you throat cancer!

hahha

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast