Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Grow Green o Matic

Thanks

How close should they be to the light?

Thanks

Heres an update I moved the lights down and I'm going to add 2 more today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	181348 with the LED the temp has got below 80 but I'm still planning on changing the fans to 4in fans in the near future. Heres a pic of the little ones Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	181349

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NCCLOSETGARDENER For This Useful Post:

LBN (21-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Default Re: 1st Grow Green o Matic

That's much better!

The impact of the lumens from the light bulb diminishes over distance.

Ideally, as the plant develops, try to keep the light above the canopy for maximum lumens available from the lights you have.

Also, keep an eye on how the plants develop as the leaves will burn if it comes into contact with the light, but that's a way off yet.

TRF

TheRealFeanor is my name: And Canna is my nation: Cyber space is my dwelling place: The stars my destination

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealFeanor For This Useful Post:

kewlbeanz (20-03-13)

Thanks

Ok so I did some work and added some new fans to my setup and a couple lights. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	40 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	181877. Here's my new fans. The top is exhaust and I made a carbon scrubber for it and the bottom is intake Click image for larger version. 

Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	181878. Last but not least here are the little ones #1 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	181879 and #2 Click image for larger version. 

Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	181880. How does everything look? Should they be bigger after a week? Any comments welcomed

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCCLOSETGARDENER For This Useful Post:

LBN (21-03-13), mihay444 (22-03-13)

Thanks

Great advice coming there from TRF.
    Now that your lights are way closer you'll see a lot of difference even in the coming days.
    The fans are a great addition, look into some fluorescent tubing to brighten the whole place up too (if it's in your budget)
    Good luck and welcome to the forum sir

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kewlbeanz For This Useful Post:

TheRealFeanor (20-03-13)

Thanks

Patience is the key word at this stage.

Once the plants establish their root system below will things start to progress abive the soil more.

Great looking set up!

Have a look at my grow. I'm growing in limited space too but I'm using a hydro method. I'd say I'm about ten days in front of you.

TRF

Thanks

Thanks TRF. When do you think I should start my nute schedule ?

Thanks

When to start nutes is a question of preference really.

Soil contains enough nutrients for a plant to last a few weeks, depending on what type of soil you're using.

Your plant won't need any nutes until your plant is more developed in my opinion. When you do give nutes for the first time, I would feed at half strength to see if the plant is receptive to the food you're giving it as you can always go full strength once you're confident the plant can handle it, if that makes sense?

I always work with the maxim that less is more when it comes to feeding but there are a number of opinions on the matter.

TRF

Thanks

Yeah we'll I heard that the green o matic likes nutes so I think I'm going to wait mabe a week and start at half and work my way to full strength

Thanks

Sounds like a plan to me!

I'm about to increase the feed on mine on Saturday as mine seem to be thriving on the current regime they're on, but I'll be keeping a close eye on them as problems in hydro show quicker than in soil.

All the best,

TRF

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast