Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Banana Peel Tea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla View Post
    That's great advice, thanks. Glad to hear that milk can enhance the quality of the buds, as obviously at this stage I'm anxious to see exactly how they're gonna form.

One more thing, if you dont mind, is there a particular wood I should use to get wood ash? or amount?
    You wont know how your buds will form until they form, as the layers of flowers build, however calcuim will add valuable building blocks to this process.

A seaweed foliar spray every couple of days during flower, but stopping as the buds start to build momentum is also a good way to improve your buds, theres some 40 or so base minerals and micronutrients in that syrup of the sea, its also has chelating factors that digest the more 'complicated' minerals to be digested by the plant, like soduim for example. I wouldnt add the milk to the foliar spray however as this dries on the surface of the leaves.

A couple of pinches of wood ash, maybe a teaspoon or so, I just use 'pinchs' it must be wood ash, thats the only stipulation. Its the carbon and potassium created in the burning process you want.

A good feeding regime is BioBiz grow, and the bloom, with a supplemental regime of worm/seaweed tea, and many other organic nutrients (like the milk), and foliar sprays will always give you a good crop. Its the lights and care that give you the quality. TLC, love those girls, talk to them, play them music, whisper sweet nothings, you get the idea.

Now your mission is to go away and read, absorb, digest, and research, oh yeah......and grow wicked weed

Thanks

Its the lights and care that give you the quality. TLC, love those girls, talk to them, play them music, whisper sweet nothings, you get the idea.

Now your mission is to go away and read, absorb, digest, and research, oh yeah......and grow wicked weed
    That was....beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye.

Thanks again, can'tspeak highly enough of the helpful natre of these forums.

I will put up a new picture of Rock Lobster on Saturday, when she's fed, then again a week later
    This origami dream is beautiful,
    But man, those wings will never leave the ground,
    Without a feather and a lottery ticket.
    Now settle down, settle down.
    [

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla View Post
    That was....beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye.

Thanks again, can'tspeak highly enough of the helpful natre of these forums.

I will put up a new picture of Rock Lobster on Saturday, when she's fed, then again a week later
    i'll second that, excellent posts regarding teas and organic ferts, JohnSmith and Buddyboy many thanks, its a great forum in the truest sense of the word.

This is the chilli grow guide i was talking about clicky

look at post 4 by TOMBONG, talks about organic ferts and gives NPK values for a sh!tload of stuff
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Thanks

Always a pleasure.

Thanks

Okay, I've just finished making the mix and am waiting for it to cool so I can administer it to the plant. I'm going to list the recipe now, so that if it produces anywhere-near decent results then people can give it a go for themselves.

You will need:

J. Arthur Bowers Tomato Plant Food
    2 Litres tap water
    1 Banana peel
    2 egg shells
    200 ml Skimmed or zero fat milk

Firstly, dry the banana peel completely (less moisture=better) and then freeze it. Once frozen, remove the peel and use a grater (or similar) to grind the peel into a sort of mush.

Then put your water on to boil for a few minutes before reducing the heat to a simmer. Add the banana peel mush, stir and leave to simmer.

Use a pestel and mortar (or back of spoon and a dish, lol) to crush the eggshells into the finest dust you can manage. You'll appreciate this later when you realise just how insoluble egg shells are.

After about fifteen minutes of stewing the banana peel tea, strain it into a different container, at which point you cna add the egg shells and stir. Don't be alarmed if it settles on the bottom immediately.

Allow to cool.

Add roughly 1/4 capful of the tomato food, stir, then add the milk and stir again. IF youve followed the above steps properly, the mixture will look oddly grey.

Leave to cool, and serve.

Nutritional values
    Banana peel: 1.75/0.75/0.5 (n/p/k)
    Milk: 0.5/0.3/0. + calcium
    Eggshell: 1.19/0.38/0.14
    J. Arthur Bower's Tomato Plant Food: 4/4/0.08

PLUS

4% Potassium oxide (soluble in water)
    0.0018% Boron (solube in water)
    0.0013% Copper (soluble in water and chelated by EDTA)
    0.0056% Iron (soluble in water and chelated by EDTA)
    0.0034% Manganese (soluble in water and chelated by EDTA)
    0.0011% Molybdenum (soluble in water)
    0.0011% Zinc (soluble in water and chelated by EDTA)

PREDICTIONS

There is roughly a 0.00001% chance ive created an excellent fertiliser.

Conversely, there's about a 43 % chance that I will in fact end up killing my plant.

*Note* The formula above was concocted through the amalgamation of different bits of advice given to me by THCTalk members, and thus I cannot accept responsibility or praise for any positive results it may give. Thanks to Tombong for his Chillies guide, and to John Smith and CBD for the advice in this thread
    Last edited by Hoopla; 08-04-09 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks

...Also, planning to administer this feed twice weekly up until last fornight or so before crop.

Accetpable?

Thanks

i could be leading you astray again but i think that the addition of a little molasses helps the roots take up the nutes, at least i think thats what JohnSmith said, he's the man to ask

Thanks

Yeah I would've gone and got some if I'd had more time, but there aren't any stores selling it within walking distance.

Plus, the metals in the tomato food are already chelated, which is what the molasses are for. Hopefully this will mean I'll be able to do without for now

Thanks

A tad of seaweed will also do the chelating for you, and you will see the benefits of the 60 or so minerals and nutrients in no time. Especially at flower time.

I would swap the bowers tomato food for BioBiz if you get a chance, however i think for flowering you would want the bloom not the grow.

Just for the record as you flower you want to wind down the Nitrogen, keep a bit, but wind it down none the less, I say this cause the egg shells are a source of nitrogen.

I sometimes add a 1/2 teaspoonful of the egg shells directly below the roots on a repot, like you say the decomposition of the egg shells takes a while, and it moves quicker underground.

Good Luck

Thanks

Just checking in with an update for anyone who viewed this thread the first time round. I used the tea twice over a five day period, at which point it started to congeal so I threw it away.

I can confirm that I'm seeing positive results- the main cola especially has filled out at a fast rate and smaller buds that had barely developed beforehand seem to be getting their act together too.

Be forewarned that the tea will make your soil smell awfully strange for a few days, but once you switch back to pure water it'll soon pass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast