Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Banana Peel Tea

Thanks

Lightbulb Banana Peel Tea

Ahoy.

I (or so I believe) am about four weeks into flowering. That's my best guess anyway.

I've been reading up of organic materials used to provide nutrients, and was thinking of drying out some banana peel to make a tea (this was suggested in my previous thread on food).

Anything I should look out for? And what's the best method?
    This origami dream is beautiful,
    But man, those wings will never leave the ground,
    Without a feather and a lottery ticket.
    Now settle down, settle down.
    [

Thanks

theres a great post in the Chillie growing thread (which ive lost, its out there somewhere) that lists a whole load of organics with nutritional info. I'm just guessing that they would be transferable to the Green.
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Thanks

Okay, I'll check it out and see what else I can concoct, thanks.

Any advice on the actual tea making method?

Thanks

1: Dry the peels
    2: Freeze the peels (sterlilizes them)
    3: grind the peels
    4: Boil water at first then turn down to a very low simmer
    5: Add Ground Peels
    6: Simmer for 20-30 minutes
    7: Filter through coffee filter to remove particulate
    8: Cool to room temprature

For the best result you can add molasses and or seaweed to the simmering mixtures... This will allow additional potassium, and neutrients but also give the phospherus a chelating agent as phospherus is not typically water soluable without a chelating agent.

Thanks

Excellent, thanks.

Also thinking of adding some milk to the mix, appears to have a fairly balanced NPK profile.

Feel free to drop in and leave your 2P

Thanks

I forgot to add this;

the original source is a PDF file located at

http://jds.fass.org/cgi/reprint/32/11/969.pdf

Not sure on the milk... I would be cautious of the fat binding the oil of fat is not soluable and may bind to salts to cause a grease type clog in the soil or coat roots... I'd research it some more, I will do the same and we will see what we can find

Thanks

Roger that, back in a jiffy with what I can find

Thanks

Hmm, not exactly a wealth of info available.

Most people seem to share you concern that fats in the milk could cause a problem, but if I were to use non-fat milk I should be able to counteract it right?

Another woman seemed to think that the milk might feed fungus and mildew in the soil, but hopefully I don't have and fungus or mildew anyway.

Finally, a couple of people claimed that calcium might help the plant and that the proteins therein could serve as a source of nitrogen.

Anything other than that at your end chief?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla View Post
    Hmm, not exactly a wealth of info available.

Most people seem to share you concern that fats in the milk could cause a problem, but if I were to use non-fat milk I should be able to counteract it right?

Another woman seemed to think that the milk might feed fungus and mildew in the soil, but hopefully I don't have and fungus or mildew anyway.

Finally, a couple of people claimed that calcium might help the plant and that the proteins therein could serve as a source of nitrogen.

Anything other than that at your end chief?
    Milk as you correctly state adds calcium, and in turn aids the structure of the buds. The solution should be 1/10 (eg 100ml to 1 litre) at that dilution the milk should dissipate into the soil leaving nothing on the surface.

In my experience using milk I never use it every feed, so the next water/feed washes the surface residue back into the soil.

I add milk to my seaweed/worm tea, along with a teaspoonful of eggshells and half a teaspoon of tea leaves. I get nice tight buds. The egg shells must be dust, ground in a pestle and mortar, and the tea should be used and dried in a microwave.

Just my take, but there are may opinions as you can imagine.

banana skins are a rich source of potassium, some people also believe that laying the skins on the soil surface around the plant at veg stage will promote a female sexed plant, however the jury appears to be out on that one.

At the end of the day you are not going to come to too much harm using organic matter for feeds and fertilizer, its almost impossible to get nute burn, and whatever you feed the soil it will enrich some aspect of your grow. For an added flowering burst add a pinch or two of wood ash with your last feed (2 weeks before the chop) and then wind the water down over that 2 week period to zero, not letting the plants wilt, but the fan leaves should yellow and drop off as the plant comsumes the last of the nutrients. This gleens a bit of extra thc for you to injest.

Thanks

That's great advice, thanks. Glad to hear that milk can enhance the quality of the buds, as obviously at this stage I'm anxious to see exactly how they're gonna form.

One more thing, if you dont mind, is there a particular wood I should use to get wood ash? or amount?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast