Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: spectrum of stoned.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,575 Times

Default spectrum of stoned.

Decided to stick this up for discussion.

I often see people talking about harvesting by trich colour (color for our US chums) clear is head rush through to amber couchlock but I see the differences between sativa and indica described in the same way.

Is it as simple as...
    Clear sativa - Amber indica is the spectrum of stone.

Or am I missing some subtle differences here?

Discuss...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tokersupreme For This Useful Post:

mc6pack (25-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,575 Times

Thought this would make interesting conversation but no replies.

nuube Guest

That makes sense to me the headiest you can get being an early harvested Sativa and so on. I have three nice wee Power skunks, (small clones that went into flower almost straight away) and I plan to harvest 1 clear, 1 50/50 and one mostly amber. I plan to see for myself how different these stages can be.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

420pop (24-03-13), tokersupreme (24-03-13), vapour (24-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,116 Times

Generally if i choose to grow a strain it's primarily for it's effects/potency and then taste.
    So if i choose a sativa it's because I want a speedier rush and i harvest sativas when clear/milky. If i'm growing indica i'll wait to harvest that when it's milky/amber for the couchlock.
    If I dont harvest like this it would contradict the reason i selected the strains in the first place.
    2013 Potnoodle contest championhttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Noodle-contest
    Completed Diary- BmxBandit Rides Again. Critical, Spoetnik#1 and Mazar x White Rhino
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-x-White-Rhino
    Completed Diary-Coco Multiflow 1000w. DNA Multistrain
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...NA-multistrain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmx Bandit For This Useful Post:

tokersupreme (24-03-13)

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bmx Bandit View Post
    Generally if i choose to grow a strain it's primarily for it's effects/potency and then taste.
    So if i choose a sativa it's because I want a speedier rush and i harvest sativas when clear/milky. If i'm growing indica i'll wait to harvest that when it's milky/amber for the couchlock.
    If I dont harvest like this it would contradict the reason i selected the strains in the first place.
    I think the same way....then a little voice says maybe it would be better if I let it run/harvest early!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

tokersupreme (24-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

Amber trichomes tend to have more CBD in them than clear or cloudy trichomes, and CBD balances out the rush sativa effect to a certain extent. Whether it works the other way round or not, ie there is less CD in clear trichomes than cloudy, I'm not sure.... But the combination of long list of cannabinoids that make the character or type of stone with a particular strain stays pretty much the same with in a level that we can actually recognize it.
    Clear Trichomes are simply immature trichomes and really should e avoided, I can't remember the scientific part behind why, but immature trichomes encourage a lack of REM sleep, you will have a deep sleep, but a part of the brain than needs to sleep wont be able to, and that isn't too good. (I'm sure a small percentage isn't too bad)

I'm in personal disrepute with the website I get the info from so I'm not going to link to it, but I will copy and paste the info out if anyone wants.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

tokersupreme (25-03-13)

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by _Whisperer View Post
    Amber trichomes tend to have more CBD in them than clear or cloudy trichomes, and CBD balances out the rush sativa effect to a certain extent. Whether it works the other way round or not, ie there is less CD in clear trichomes than cloudy, I'm not sure.... But the combination of long list of cannabinoids that make the character or type of stone with a particular strain stays pretty much the same with in a level that we can actually recognize it.
    Clear Trichomes are simply immature trichomes and really should e avoided, I can't remember the scientific part behind why, but immature trichomes encourage a lack of REM sleep, you will have a deep sleep, but a part of the brain than needs to sleep wont be able to, and that isn't too good. (I'm sure a small percentage isn't too bad)

I'm in personal disrepute with the website I get the info from so I'm not going to link to it, but I will copy and paste the info out if anyone wants.
    I wonder is that why cannabis is seen as so bad - crappy grower/dealers flood the place with immature buds to maximise their profit and people suffer as a result, (lack of REM can do awful things to a person), and then cannabis gets a bad rep. Maybe something akin to brewing Poitín. Do it right and you get wasted and not doing it right it blinds you!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

tokersupreme (25-03-13), _Whisperer (24-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

On very very few cases, cannabis has been linked to a "particular" mental illness case, I'm inclined to think that this could be the cause, it does say something about it in the article, where some one who already has a mild onset or is genetically inclined to have mental illness and the lack of REM sleep may speed it's onset. (but as far as I'm concerned I don't want to temp fate as far as harvesting early goes lol)
    ....saying that, non of these cases have any serious backing or proof to them that say it definitely was cannabis that caused it, but taking it out of the equation can only be a good thing for smokers and growers.

Yes, yet another reason why Prohibition is a stupid thing!
    Last edited by _Whisperer; 24-03-13 at 02:12 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

tokersupreme (25-03-13)

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by _Whisperer View Post
    On very very few cases, cannabis has been linked to a "particular" mental illness case, I'm inclined to think that this could be the cause, it does say something about it in the article, where some one who already has a mild onset or is genetically inclined to have mental illness and the lack of REM sleep may speed it's onset. (but as far as I'm concerned I don't want to temp fate as far as harvesting early goes lol)
    ....saying that, non of these cases have any serious backing or proof to them that say it definitely was cannabis that caused it, but taking it out of the equation can only be a good thing for smokers and growers.

Yes, yet another reason why Prohibition is a stupid thing!
    There is a big chicken/egg argument here:

People start feeling unwell and use cannabis to medicate so the health 'professionals' find out they are using cannabis and they have their answer! I seen it with a mates brother. I had gone into the ward with him and they said he was ill from cannabis use despite them being told that he used the cannabis to quieten the voices. Some people will only believe what they want. I wonder how those nurses/Drs would react to the fact that they are looking at using cannabis to treat anxiety, PTSD and the big baddie - Schizophrenia?

The only research that shows any half decent link is if there is heavy use in the teens.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

OGK_420_247 (24-03-13)

Thanks

When I was back in Cali' I used MJ heavily from about 15, I haven't got any mental illnesses' Nor me.

Anyhow. My grandfather always held/holds out until the Trichs are all amber, He' the type to sit in the backyard with a loud pack (1Oz~), a big pack of Raw papers (small, "Single-wide" not king size), a lighter and the daily paper or the Radio. Likes to just chill under the sun with a smoke. So a Amber "Couch-lock" trich is pretty much his thing..
    Dealers however used to put out crappy weed with barely any orange "Hairs" on the bud, Thus being either clear or milky trichs I guess. This also used to never put me on my ass unlike my Granfathers OG Kush (OGK, Gettit' ..?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast