Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: chemdog trust worthy strain?

Thanks

Default chemdog trust worthy strain?

just wondering if anyone has any real facts on this it says x between og kush and sour diesal but ive read it was found by a dude called chemdog in a ounce of random super stuff? anyone dabbled in the stuff? would like to know how it grows an such... any help appreciated thanks in advance

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

The actual cross is unknown, it's said to have created sour diesel and kush.

The Legend of Chemdog and The 13 Seeds

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500.

Joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast.

According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds. Here began the Chemdog lineage and from there many of the highest regarded clones in the USA.

Brief background

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘chemdawg’ (now ’91 chemdawg), ‘chemdawg a’ (now chemdawg’s sister), and ‘chemdawg b’.

In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg ‘d’ was the keeper. In 06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'.

Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

Thanks

Cali connection has his hands on all three of the known pheno's. Chem '91, Chem #3 and Chem #4.

He has the original, which is '91, in seed form. He also has crosses of the original '91, and crosses of #3 and #4. He mainly crosses them with his SFV OGK which is an IBL at this point.

So for original Chemdog genetics the only person I KNOW has them is Cali Connection/Swerve.

I would go his site, buy a pack of Chem '91 as they are the original. However, at this point the SFV ogk ibl male x Chem #4 (reunion pheno) might be the most potent and best resulting chem cross around.

I have done a lot of research on this, and emailed with Swerve a bit. So when GHS calls their Chemdog a kush x diesel i'm not sure if they have guessed at the original genetics or they have crossed a kush and diesel to create their version of the chem.
    Last edited by Mr.UnclePen; 03-04-13 at 09:09 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.UnclePen For This Useful Post:

Fro (11-05-13), HighFlyerFlyingHigh (08-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,553 Times

gotta agree with the post above, afew seed companies have crossed a kush with a diesel and hey presto CHEMDOG! it doesnt work like that and any old cross can be hyped up but if you want the real thing that you have to go to cali connection or there are a couple of seedbanks like have crossed the original chem 91 with other chem crosses to bring some life back to the 20yr old strain which are great, one for instance is the dinachem from dinafem, which is a chem 91 crossed with guava chem and I give it high praise, I pulled 600+ gramms bone dry from a 600w light in a rdwc setup and the from seed it all grew very uniform and had very heavy bud formations I had over a dozen colas all weigh over an ounce from 4 plants that were topped once at the 3rd node and all the side branches and lower buds were almost as impressive

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighFlyerFlyingHigh For This Useful Post:

Nappa (27-11-13)

Thanks

Cheers for info guys bit too late as I have the ghs ones :/ but I could always get the Cali connections an do a side by side.....

Thanks

The Ontario Seed Bank has original Chem '91 seeds for sale, Cali Connection. They also have TGA/Subcool and Wild Rose seeds as well. TGA is kickass.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.UnclePen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

This sounds similar to "headband" or "sour kush" by reserva privada i heard originally a california strain very popular out there. Im doing the sour kush at the minute looks very frosty!

HERB IS A PLANT!

Heres my grow diary:
    RDWC - 6 PLANT - RQS CRITICAL BY FSM

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...t-acclaim-rdwc

Thanks

headband has become very popular in NorCal, some of the older growers describe it as too potent...for the youngsters...=)

Thanks

Yeah Headband seems to be beloved nowadays, understandably. It's on my list of strains to grow. I first must accomplish Chem sk va '91, and Deadhead OG.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.UnclePen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cali con or dinafem for chemdawg hands down.
    Also it's my #1 smoke

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fro For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast