Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first NFT

Thanks

Default My first NFT

Just popped in to say hi.
    Havent been growing for couple of years but few weeks ago started a hydro setup with my friend. Nft gt901 with 5 cuttings (6 but one doesn't seem to make it)

My first hydro setup ever. Formerly I growed in soil with organic ferts.

How many plants you guys recommend for the next round?
    I've been thinking 10 with maybe few weeks of veg. Now I think of vegging 4weeks cause of the small number of plants.

The plants were transplanted to bigger (4") rockwool cubes in 18th and straight to the NFT. Some roots are sticking out of the big cubes.

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks

Default Re: My first NFT

Oh yeah forgot to tell that the setup is running with 2x600w digi ballast with 1 adjust-a-wing (gotta get another for next round) & 1 diamond reflector. Lucas formula for ferts + mineral magic. Should I get some extra ferts like diamond nectar or something?

Keep up the overgrow! 8)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

Thanks

Default Re: My first NFT

Just to get some quality smoke for me & my friend. Commercial weed where I come from isn't very good for my liking. It's mostly stony indica and although it might be potent, but it also might be leafy, dry as hell, not properly flushed... You got the point.

I prefer sativa dominant buds and other varieties with "more personality" than most of the standard mid-european gene-mix-trash. Sorry, it's hard to explain, since English is not my native language.

For example I find Mandala seeds one of my fav breeders, cause they use lots of landrace genes and the plants grow good with low nutes and the high is something much mote than just dull hammer in the head- effect.

I Also find curing maybe the most important part of the growing. I'm quite bitch about it. You gotta do it with proper RH meters to get the taste right. I usually let my buds cure for couple of weeks before I even taste them.

So, a long story short. Since I can't buy properly cured ganja from where I live, I declare that my selfgrown is best bud there is, so I grow

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fintendo For This Useful Post:

-Smokey- (29-03-13), Smokeface (19-07-14), the green meanie (14-12-16)

Thanks

Hello again.

A brief update. Had a few troubles and grow stunted for a week or so. Improved air intake and raised the light a little. No help. Lovered the nutes ( ec was .5 at max), no help. Then realized that the floor wasn't even and there was not enough slope, so the water was pooling a little. Added a piece of wood under the pump end of tank and voila, few days ago they started to look a little better. Yesterday they started eating again and ec has dropped from .47 to .23. Added nutes to ~.5

When do you think i should give them more nutes and to where should I rise the ec? I'm thinking vegging till the end of the month and slowly rising the ec to 1.2 or so... Is this ok?

ph is stable at 6.2. Tap water (from own well) is 6.2 and haven't tried to make it to be stable lower. I think ph might drop, when I start adding more nutes.

Have a nice day everyone, keep it green. eace:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

Hi mate 6.2 isnt too bad straight from the well but ideally you want it around 5.8 ph.

I would start the EC at 0.8 to 1.0 to begin with and see how it goes the lower it is the safer at this time.

HERB IS A PLANT!

Heres my grow diary:
    RDWC - 6 PLANT - RQS CRITICAL BY FSM

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...t-acclaim-rdwc

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

fintendo (17-04-13), Paulsfiasco (09-08-16)

Thanks

Hi!

Plants are doing great. Ph has been dropping slightly over time, but with mineral magic it's upped to 5.5. It might rise still. EC has been ~0.6 at most. It only drops like .1 or so a day, so I haven't been rising it a lot. Plants drink a gallon+ a day. Tomorrow I'm gonna top up my rez again and will try to rise the EC to .9

I have been topping the rez every few days and been adding small amount of nutes every time. The rez is 80-90litres, so i hasn't been near to empty.

Is it better doing what I have done or should I make stronger nute mix and then top with just pure water?

Anyhow the plants are fine and I think less is more with nutes.

This is still my first hydro grow ever, but I'm learning all the time. Man, hydro is so much easier than soil.

I'm planning to veg till end of the month and then do a rez change.
    Later 1 more rez change in mid bloom or so...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fintendo For This Useful Post:

FunkySkunkyMonkey (17-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

Keep on going as you are id say dont change how your watering!

Thanks

any pics for us, sounds like your doing fine to me!

Thanks

Ph kept dropping down, so the rez change day was today. Plants started to look hungry also, because new growth was a little yellowish.

New ph 6.0
    New EC 1.1

Added 60litres of juice to the rez and there is still room for 20 more if the mix is too hot.

I'm very excited to see how they look tomorrow

Few crappy pics. Will post better ones when there is something to see
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366312360511.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	188948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366312380969.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	188949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366312457551.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	188951  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast