Thread: Mildew mold opinions advice needed :(

Thanks

Default Mildew mold opinions advice needed :(

Alright then folks, recently noticed the dreaded smell of mildew after the crappy snowy weather, ive never had this problem before and im obviously gutted, i just want to know who here has battled with it and what the outcome was? Ive spent a good 6 hrs reading all over the net i know u cant get rid only control it so i would like some positive advice on my options please. Should i continue to flower the plants there about 4 weeks into flower until the end? or should i bring them down now and make some honey oil or see them thru to the end and then make some oil? It doesnt seem to be the usual powdery white specked splodge type mildew but i know from the smell that its a mold mildew type problem. Obviously i wont be smoking any of it i just want to know what you folks would do? Honey oil now, or wait untill there finished and then salvage what i can?, theres no obvious signs of any mold on the buds but they have got that mildew smell to them, ive let them dry out took them out of the pots checked the roots, let the soil dry out and now intend to just keep the humidity down, water them less, and make sum kind of organic type spray and hopefully keep the spread down to a minimum, thanks from a devasteted amber

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

keep the humidity down
    you say you can smell the mildew but havent seen any yet?

i fought of the white powdery mildew last year, its a bastard and doesn't like to be beat
    i used a non-anti biological dish soap and use a couple drops 500ml of water, then spray the effected leaves, wipe with a sponge to take most of the moisture off
    clean out your groom aswell as you can, steam clean or bleach otherwise the problem will keep coming back

and as for making oil, see the grow through to the end otherwise the oil you make will be inactive or harmful as the thc is no way near mature- meaning a real uppy/paranoia type high.. not exaggerating either
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Amber Reef (29-03-13)

Thanks

cheers phychonaught, so you managed to get yours to harvest? what did u do with it smoke it or make hash/oil mate, from what ive read smoking its a absolute no no, thanks for confiming for me mate i nearly ripped them down this morning but wondered if the buds would be potent enuff so early on to do summat with em, thanks again, il see them to the end then thanks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber Reef For This Useful Post:

psychocannanaut (29-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Reef View Post
    cheers phychonaught, so you managed to get yours to harvest? what did u do with it smoke it or make hash/oil mate, from what ive read smoking its a absolute no no, thanks for confiming for me mate i nearly ripped them down this morning but wondered if the buds would be potent enuff so early on to do summat with em, thanks again, il see them to the end then thanks.
    i kept em til they finished mate, some were worse than others
    mildew mainly affects the leaves so being abit heavy handed with the trimming meant the bud was good to smoke, though some had obvious mildew on the buds and i binned it
    i wouldn't personally make oil with it as no doubt the contaminants would be picked up aswell as the resin
    ice hash would probably be a safer bet

though if you have mildew problems then after harvest you can wash the fresh buds in a very mild isopropynol and water mix, about a bottle cap (5ml) to a litre otherwise it will strip the resin from your plant. though you can only do this when the bud has just come off the plant
    jorge cervantes has a vid on youtube about it, would be worth a watch

7. The Following User Says Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Amber Reef (29-03-13)

Thanks

Thanks mate youve just made me feel alot better

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber Reef For This Useful Post:

psychocannanaut (29-03-13)

Thanks

I have this same problem but can see the white spots. Iv tried cx pmt treatment but doesnt seem to becworking.