Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Afghani Bianca considering next grow. Reviews?

Thanks

Default Afghani Bianca considering next grow. Reviews?

Looking to go to a more temp resilient plant for my shed. hydro.Bubbleicious has not been easy with varying temps, always root issues. So, any opinions on the Nirvana Bianca or another temp resilient choice for an ebb n flow system?
    The pick is my existing Bubbleicious, 3rd WK of bloom

Not everything is all fun and games, but the things that are must be exploited
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364793243812.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	184602  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Joe For This Useful Post:

kimswey (12-02-14), Petal (02-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,639 Times

I have just grown reg Bianca medical marijuana seeds outdoors in Australia from the Amsterdam Marijuana seedbank and have just harvested. You can check out my current grow diary if you like. I too wanted a strain that would hold up to our various temperatures in Australia when grown outdoors and I live near the snow and experience all 4 seasons. I assume your Bianca from Nirvana is the same strain originally from Amsterdam seedbank being a white widow, white queen and afghani cross?

Good luck with your grow!

PS - I have not found one review on Bianca strain on Google which was one of the reasons I wanted to do a diary on this grow. As far as I am aware, my diary is the only documented grow of Bianca strain in the world! hahahaha
    Last edited by Petal; 01-04-13 at 11:29 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal For This Useful Post:

Lil Joe (01-04-13)

Thanks

Default Re: Afghani Bianca considering next grow. Reviews?

I was under the impression that its indica side keeps it much smaller. Would have it been possible to have pinched the female to keep her under 4 ft? And if so do you think she had the capacity to go bushy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Joe View Post
    I was under the impression that its indica side keeps it much smaller. Would have it been possible to have pinched the female to keep her under 4 ft? And if so do you think she had the capacity to go bushy?

I was under the same impression. The clones with no veg time, are much smaller in smaller pots too so I think the size of the pot combined with the amount of veg time but not necessarily so as is seen by scrawny bianca growing like no mans business with 6 weeks less veg time than bushy but still got to 6'tall!

the clones however are only max 2' tall but they were cloned during flowering of the mother plants.

I did top both scrawny and bushy bianca at the 7th node once only.

Thanks

Oh and Lil Joe, I don't think this hybrid strain is stabilised as I also grew a very bushy bonsai type male (as well as the big breeding male) from same seed packet. also, has different colours. Scrawny bianca only has green and yellow genetics while bushy and clone have the red and purple genetics coming out in late flowering or Autumn .... Winner!!!

Thanks

That is an Afghan strain? I'm too lazy to scan your diary again. I'm growing hydro in a 4lx4wx6h. Gives me about 4' vert plant space (considering pot and light).So that's why the funky questions

Thanks

This is my 14" high bubbleicious. Bout 2-3 weeks to mature. Considering my limited space, I went bonsai. Very little pruning, some tying of branches down. I don't think that this will work for the Bianca. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364873969195.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	184892

Thanks

I can't resist showing some brag pics I just took today and yet to post in my diary...

Here is the clone of bushy bianca, the plant entered in March POTM comp that has come 4th!

I entered her in the worst plant of the month comp in Jan this year 25 days after cloning her...

and here she is now! ... how are her colours!!!!! OMG!

I haven't harvested her yet, she's close though!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb clone top1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	184888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb clone top.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	184887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb clone.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	184889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb clone bud closeup.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	184890

It is one month into Autumn in Australia and my cloned Bianca girl has her Autumn display on full show!!

She's about 20" tall and not been pollinated, unlike scrawny and bushy (the mother plants).

Her leaf colours are magnificent and range from maroon to deep dark purple and some orangey yellows.

Her pistils are now a beautiful bright magenta pink colour and still pushing out, although some are browning but not many ... I think another week or 2 yet before harvest!

I do hope you like her as much as I do as far as looks go!

Her smoke is delectable but will leave that for my diary!

Last edited by Petal; 02-04-13 at 04:47 AM.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364874056525.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	184894  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Joe View Post
    That is an Afghan strain? I'm too lazy to scan your diary again. I'm growing hydro in a 4lx4wx6h. Gives me about 4' vert plant space (considering pot and light).So that's why the funky questions
    It's PART Afghani!

Bianca strain is a hybrid of white widow, white queen and afghani and comes from Amsterdam. It does not come from Nirvana.

As is common in hybrids I believe, the grows can exhibit some weird and wonderful traits quite different from the seedbank description of the strain.

This is the first seeds I have ever bought so have no experience in other strain descriptions compared to actual grows.

Anyway, no doubt you will have fun discovering the various traits of the strain you choose.

Getting a grow diary up and knocking heads with other hydro growers will help heaps too.

Glad you spoke about the Bianca strain though. Let me know if you do a grow with her.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast