Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and early genetics

Gunnarguchi Guest

Default Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and early genetics

heres a thread about the Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and genetics that i hope will be able to answer those many questions about the genetics that we grow here

Denmark is at the 55/56 northern latitude
    its btw almost on the same latitude as BC in Canada ( around 45 and up i think) and with somewhat similar climate which means most genetics from BC goes well here and the other way around.

to combat the harsh weather here our strains and genetics have been acclimatized, selected and bred for several generations, resulting in early, potent and mold resistant genes.

most exotic strains and genetics arent able to finish here cause of the weather with rain and frost in the end of the season.
    but we have good results crossing the exotic strains with some of our early mold resistant genes.

most our early genes from here has a tendency to be Semi auto flowering due to the earliness in the genes
    its hard to keep a good mother for several generations but its sometimes possible if they have good large pots with good root space and gets plenty of fertilizer with a high Nitrogen content and avoiding any stress conditions
    its a price we have to pay for being able to flower them here as they have to be ready for harvest at end of October at the latest for them to be able to finish without melting away in mold but earliness isnt the only factor and some degree of mold resistance is also vital for them to fight against the often very rainy weather starting from mid September and forward.

my hopes for this thread is to shed some lights on the strains and genes we grow here
    to collect vital info that theres out there but not collected in one place

ill post some info regarding the strains and crosses i know but i hope ppl will share their info also so the thread can be updated with as much info as possible.

Gunnarguchi Guest

reserved for strain description and genetic info about our favorite strains and crosses grown here

Afghan, Nordic Outdoor:
    Originally bought in Holland and grown outside by a danish grower called Phreakersphun/DignityX for several generations.
    its also sold by a danish seed bank called DCF.

its a medium yielder but its very sticky and potent and with great mold resistance
    it finishes here start to mid October
    it also has some purple phenoes.

Big Bud
    Grown here for some seasons
    big yields but still some mold problems in wet seasons and shady spots
    finishes mid October

Danish Passion:
    passion#1 grown here in Denmark for many years and along the way also crossed with a skunk#1
    is a medium sized plant perfect for guerrilla
    its very sticky, potent perfect for using in crosses also and its harvested in Denmark be the end of September.

All DP pix by Esbe

Early Dane
    Unfortunately i have ni pictures of her as i had a very busy season 08 and most the times i was around to attend her i often hadent planned it and therefore didnt bring a camera
    i think she has great potential as the donator of the seeds told me he harvested her in 07 from beginning of August and forward
    she is medium in height and yield but have a very nice trichome coverage for a Nordic outdoor plant that early.
    she looks a little like a cross between Danish Psssion and Royal Dane.
    She leans towards Royal Dane in looks but also has some similarities to the Danish Passion in height and bud appearance and structure.
    her smell is similar to the distinctive Royal Dane smell
    Bitter lemon with a hint of rotten fruit if you ask me
    i think she has great potential both as pure and in crosses bringing earliness and potency into it
    the original breeder lost his plants during tragic circumstances and the seeds i have is the only ones in existence so far, but i hope other growers will embrace here and spread her genes and potential

ADDED info and pix or Early Dane
    as i unfortunately didnt take any pictures of this early and potent lady ive been trying hard to get the few original pics from the breeder who made them
    genetic origin is still unknown but its sativa dominated despite its early harvest date
    heres a few pictures from his harvest in 07 mid August when he chopped her
    normally they can be harvested as sensimilla from mid august to mid September depending on phenoes

Leb27 aka Lebanon27 aka Leb30
    Sativa imported from Lebanon about 30 years ago and breed in Denmark since that.
    potency is ranging from below to above average, depending on phenotype.
    yields can be very high given optimum conditions and its very good in crosses.
    its told to have a very social sativa high, a sure daytime smoke

it finishes here at 55 nl at end of September, start November.

one 500 gr+ leb27 drying by Maffe

pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

Nepal, aka Oldfarmer Nepal
    shes considered a pure sativa from nepal that have been acclimatized for the harsh danish weather for several generations
    she might not be the biggest resin bomb but she has other qualities
    she finishes here by mid September
    she has a nice big harvest and a nice up high almost social sativa high
    she might not be the most trichome covered marijuana strain around but shes good for some uplifting pot, good hash producer and has potential in crosses also
    she has some variation in growth
    some earlier than others, some more bushy and some gets really big

heres a picture from 08 in my garden showing the the "guerrilla pheno"
    very good yield for her size and perfect for hidden guerrilla farming

heres some more form the garden in 08

Royal Dane:

no one knows the exact genetics if RD, but its a local strain grown here for many years and considered among our best strains

its very early and harvested in September here
    ranging from start September to late September, sometimes into start of october, depending on how sunny the season is, general weather and its maturing seeds etc, but some growers have even reported harvesting RD in the end of August some seasons.

its told to contain genes from among others Afghan, Chitral and Hindu Kush.
    acclimatization and selection here for many years have resulted in a strain that is very early, potent and mold resistant.

its a medium sized plant and due to its qualities its perfect for guerrilla grows.

its got a distinct smell though, very spicy and somewhat sour, some ppl call its smell "cat piss" odour.

it yields above average and it delivers a strong mostly indica high

all RD pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

Thyphoon
    mostly sativa
    originates from a social camp society called "Thy Lejren" (Thy Camp)
    very early and ready for harvest mid September
    both yield and potency above average
    some trimming work as sensimillia but excellent hash producer

Grown by pihop on swecan:

By DYR from Icmag

more info and several other strain and cross descriptions to come...

dont hold back if you have any info regarding these and others and maybe also some great pix

Gunnarguchi Guest

classic danish and Nordic crosses

Erocket X Danish Passion
    this very nice cross was made by Esbe who has a very large experience with Nordic outdoor crosses
    very sticky cross with yields above average
    its ready for harvest here at the end of September
    ive had the honor of growing this both as f1 and f2 and its been a pleasure and the harvest has each time been among the best for the season
    ive taken it to f3 and im looking forward to se the result for next year
    my hopes as that its possible to make it IBL without loosing too much potency or vigor but only time will tell

heres what Esbe has to say about it
    its early, good yielding, jammi flowerfresh fruit smell and a great taste and high on the sativa side. finish here around sep 25

Guerrilla Gold x Danish Passion

more info to be added later

Hindu Kush x leb27
    can be harvested here at mid to end October
    she can be very potent and give an enormous harvest if given optimal conditions
    if your using a spot with partly shade or in a wet season you might want to watch her big dense buds for mold the last 2 weeks of flower

more info to be added later

Royal Dane x Erocket/danish passion:
    my own cross
    needs to be tested in coming season but cant be all bad with those good parents, but time will tell

Gunnarguchi Guest

post will be updated once in a while with added strains and crosses etc

btw isnt it allowed to edit the single post to add info or correct spell errors etc?
    cant seem to find that option ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Doesn't really say much about the yield , are they available and with what he says what's the difference with these and autos ?

Roid smoker , u had any experience with these mate ?
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

Bobby Digital Guest

cant believe this thread has not been posted on before, nice find cannaman, some of them look like beasts.......

pity the dude who posted them has gone guest....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

I know there's some top strains , that fuckin monster that looks like it's on a barn drying .
    What's it mean gone guest ?

Thanks

Yo homies! Fucking great thread! Ive ben ranting about the danish strains some while now!

Yes, i have to some extent experience with theese. My best friend grows them outdoors in norway. Im sorry to say i haven't grown them myself though. But after seing the results of theese im definetly trying next year! BUT i have smoked a lot of them! And seen his harvests etc...

The best one up here is the cross between royal dane and typhoon. It yealds good, and its the most potent smoke. Definetly the best taste.

I've also tried the nepal and the leb 77. I can't comment on the leb, because it was some time ago, but the nepal was quite ok. It didn't taste as good as the royal dane cross though. Alot of people have smoked them in my city, and EVERYONE who samples them is very surprised that norwegian outdoor can be so potent. I actually get just as stoned from them as i do with low grade indoors...

If i was going to grow outdoors in the uk i would definetly try theese instead of autos, since they yeald more and are just as potent. They are also cheaper to buy in seed than any of the comercial autos.

Im all for the danish seed banks! Go Danes

(and... bevar christiania)
    my watch is stuck on 420

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Roid-smoker For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (21-01-11)

Thanks

The cat piss part about Royal Dane is true. But it's still.a good strain. The smell goes away when it's probably cured. It's a good strain overall.

Leb 27 is also a great strain. Very easy.

Another strain available from Danish seedbanks is Bwanas Balcony Queen or BBQ. A great sativa dominated strain, which flowers early and tastes great.
    Getting high on own supply.

Bobby Digital Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cannamancan View Post
    What's it mean gone guest ?
    hes had his account deleted..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (21-01-11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast