Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: White spots

Thanks

Default White spots

I ve noticed in a few of the top leaves of one of my plants that there are some white spots. Can someone please confirm if it is a nutrient deficiency, pests or light burn? I don’t think is the latter cause it is only in one of the plants. Here are the pics:

Diaper Guest

Very difficult to see from those pictures.
    Small white spots and it's most likely a pest problem.
    Have you looked under the leaves for any signs of creepy crawlies as it doesn't sound like a nutrient thing?

Thanks

Are the pests bellow the leaves vissible with the naked eye? Cause i cant seem to find any. Whatever it is its in my other plants now too. Problem is i ve never had pest problems and i dont know what exactly to look for. If i leave them as they are will they make it for 4/5 weeks?

Diaper Guest

O.k don't panic!

Like I said it's very difficult to see from those pictures, but White spots aren't really associated with nute disorders.
    White spots could indicate the presence of mites or thrips.
    I shall upload a few pics for you to check out.
    They will be visible on the underside of the leaves, but there might not be that many at this stage. The white spots are were they feed on the leaves, so look at your spots carefully, are they made up of lots of little spots?

Diaper Guest

Spidermite speckling

Thrip damage

What would be really handy would be a clear shot of the spots, ie natural light.

Thanks

First of all thx very much mate for all ur help and uploading the pics i really appreciate it. I doesnt look like mites from what i understand from your pics. Here are the clear pics:

Thats the best i can do with the cam i have at the momment. They were going to have the first feed in 4-5 days.

Thanks

it looks to me like you have spilled a few dropletts on the leaves and the light has intensified that area leaving wee marks on the leaves

what light u useing m8

apart from the wee marks they look healthy, really nice dark green foliage

Thanks

I am using a 250watt HPS (Powerplant) and its about 20" from the plants. The tallest plant is 19" away and is the only one without any spots. I really hope it is something simple like spilling a few drops.
    Last edited by lowryder; 13-08-07 at 05:04 PM.

Diaper Guest

No, it doesn't look like mites.
    That's a relief, believe me

Those pics are much better, but it's still a hard call.

Looking @ this;

Makes me think it's a touch of nute burn from hot soil. that one leaf looks a little crisy round the edge, with a burnt tip.

Like Lewy said they do look a nice, lush green. Maybe they don't need feeding just yet, if you do go easy on them.

Keep us posted mate, and keep growing!

Thanks

Thats definatelly a relief cause the mites sound very difficult to get rid off. Since it seems to be the nutes from the soil i wont feed them for at least one more week and see how it goes. Thanks very much both for putting my mind at ease.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast