Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nettle ganja

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

i still dont see the point,theres no symbiotic conection between the plants when planted side by side,indeed i believe that if you were to attempt to plant cannabis and nettle in the same place outdoor you would have entirely different result,you would gain more by mychorhiza or companion planting of herbs that would compete less and nitrogen fix for the next crop,radishes would do the same and you can eat them or give them to the land as ferts!but thanks its all interesting but i might be missing something,wouldnt be the first time.my thoughts about using nettle rootstocks was because if you look even during the worsed drought the one healthy plant? nettles so grafted cannabis on nettle rootstocks should be "plant and leave"?
    Last edited by Duke1; 24-04-13 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tricone View Post
    I can't see this being true. Cannabis is not in the same family as nettles or strawberries. Cannabis has its own family - cannibaceae. Nettles and strawberries are not in this family. It would be very unusual for a species of the same genus to breed and produce fertile off-spring, never mind plants that are not in the same family. Their DNA is too different for them to produce an offspring.
    If I'm wrong I'm sorry, but this sounds like someone shagging a random mammal and expecting to be a parent.
    im sorry man but you are wrong .
    first of check out the pics above man, i mean there are proofs right in front of your eyes that this is true.

second i did not said that they are from same family, i said they are related. they actually from the same order which is rosales. check it out. same thing with strawberries...

so i figured that if it is possible to cross with nettle it might just be the same with strawberries.
    if someone have the resources (i dont unfortunatly) please please !!! please who ever you will be, all of you !!! make this cross !! in the sake for our future !! make the revolution ! cause i cant jejeje ;]
    and dont forget to document it in here eh ?!

alright peace out

Thanks

sorry for spam, tried to make an edit but it was past 8 min

i was a bit wrong and it might not be possible to make a cross with strawberries, ill explain.
    the rosales order kind of divided into 2 suborders:
    -Rosaceae (which contain strawberries among the rest)
    -urticalean rosids
    now in the second suborder there are a bunch of familyies, one being - cannabac‬eae which we all know and love. and the second is Urticaceae which contains nettle for its trypes.
    so ganja and nettle might be more related than ganja and strawberries but still it would be cool to try.

Thanks

It would be very unusual for a species of the different genus to breed and produce fertile off-spring - sorry I got that wrong.

I can see the pics, but it means nothing to me. If you look at the animals we are in the same genus, family and order it wouldn't seem likely that we could breed with them. An individual of a species needs to breed with something of the same species to produce fertile offspring - have a look what species means.

Maybe this is true. But I find it massively unlikely. I'm sure I've seen those pics before from a plant in Austrailia, not as some crazy hybrid. A source of information would help with this.

There is anecdotal evidence of canna growing better with nettles, but companion planting - which is fully understood and inter-breeding are two different things.

I would honestly like to see you prove me wrong, but ATM I can't see it happening.

Why don't hops and cannabis produce hybrids in the wild? Surely by now you would see a new hybrid species forming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    i still dont see the point,theres no symbiotic conection between the plants when planted side by side,indeed i believe that if you were to attempt to plant cannabis and nettle in the same place outdoor you would have entirely different result,you would gain more by mychorhiza or companion planting of herbs that would compete less and nitrogen fix for the next crop,radishes would do the same and you can eat them or give them to the land as ferts!but thanks its all interesting but i might be missing something,wouldnt be the first time.my thoughts about using nettle rootstocks was because if you look even during the worsed drought the one healthy plant? nettles so grafted cannabis on nettle rootstocks should be "plant and leave"?
    this dude what he says is that -
    being related, and having the nettle also have trichomes the plants kinda help each other.
    for example when a nettle leaf dries out and fall the trichomes in it dissolves in the ground and feed the ganja.
    whats really intersting in all of that is that the plant on the video didnt got any feed at all [!!!] just plain tap water. and the buds look absoulutley delicous, and not only that, you can see that the tips of the leaves are kinda burnt so the plant actually got over fed from nothing but plain water !!!
    very intersting shit.

not only that, for outdoors the plant is a good camouflage since it grows as big and as quick as the ganja .

im digging this dudes vidoes in youtube at the moment [ a lot ! ]

peace

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tricone View Post
    It would be very unusual for a species of the different genus to breed and produce fertile off-spring - sorry I got that wrong.

I can see the pics, but it means nothing to me. If you look at the animals we are in the same genus, family and order it wouldn't seem likely that we could breed with them. An individual of a species needs to breed with something of the same species to produce fertile offspring - have a look what species means.

Maybe this is true. But I find it massively unlikely. I'm sure I've seen those pics before from a plant in Austrailia, not as some crazy hybrid. A source of information would help with this.

There is anecdotal evidence of canna growing better with nettles, but companion planting - which is fully understood and inter-breeding are two different things.

I would honestly like to see you prove me wrong, but ATM I can't see it happening.

Why don't hops and cannabis produce hybrids in the wild? Surely by now you would see a new hybrid species forming.
    im sorry man i might just didnt got you right..

what you meen is that the hybrid itself wont be productive anymore ? (as a liger or a mule cant have babies)
    im not sure about that either cause the dude in the other forum sayd that he is working on improving the hybrid by hybriding it more.
    anyway that is the fact man. and this post he has posted is really fresh, a couple of months old (2013) so more news to come...

now for the other thing - the companionship thing between ganja and nettle is kinda not really related to the topic, but i just thought that it is important to share.

Thanks

You could try some cannatoes as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woogs View Post
    check this out..
    also from the same forum (ill try to get the pics for ya)

crazy basterds are the soviets ;p jejeje
    look out
    by the way i have seen some similar thing before.
    i have this sticker on my amp but instead of many leafs (coming out of the same leaf) theres a bud on each leaf.
    it might be just the same plant in flowering.. i remember i have seend this in another place as well -

b cool to hear some info if anyone has.

Thanks

You're right, I am comparing this to ligers, mules, etc; but different families is heading towards minatours.

That pic is probably a mutation, not new inter-family breeding. Like I said I could be wrong but any proof is more than welcome.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tricone For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (24-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

i think you will find it is simply a mutated cannabis plant that has reverted to a simple leaf as opposed to palmate,its not geneticaly a canna urtica cross it just has similar leaves,if you look at photos of ruderalis in the wild there are many with this mutation.i think someones pulling your leg a bit mate,i know some russians they have very strange sense of humour!but i could be wrong wouldnt be the first time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast