Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare experience with weed

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

Not good dude... Some ppl are sensitive to drugs than others.. Ur obviously have some underlying issues to deal with and the weed is deffo not gonna help u... Quit now and maybe go see ur dr and tell him ur problems, he can refer u to a shrink... Just be because ur illness is not physical, it doesn't mean it's not there.. Get urself some help buddy, it's nothing to be ashamed off.

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,342 Times

i think the op has ruled out weed as the primary cause of the auditory hilucinations

Adrew if your certian you want to smoke weed i think your on the right lines with the slow build up seems your willing to use yourself as a gunie pig of sorts give it a try and report back with your findings

First Grow: Big Bud and Bud Bomb (completed)
    Second Gow: Yoda Goes Bubblegum(completed)
    Third Grow
    Yoda's DIY Northern Lights on a shoestring budget grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

this is god speaking i see all and i see you are a sinner you must mend your sinfull ways or be damned to hell forever,or words to that effect,but its true that he gave up heroin,not sure how much god had to do with it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricone;

the same intercom saved me getting busted too,when i took the intercom from an old hotel the outside bit with call button was missing,so i used a small loudspeaker that picked up any noise 2 fllors down at the front door all the time,one day im sat there and heard someone ask what number flat the warrant was for!and had minutes to get rid before they got upstairs!it was cool because people who new me new to knock on the speaker and say your name ,but strangers had no idea.
    What did you say to him?
    Last edited by Duke1; 02-05-13 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diddydon View Post
    Not good dude... Some ppl are sensitive to drugs than others.. Ur obviously have some underlying issues to deal with and the weed is deffo not gonna help u... Quit now and maybe go see ur dr and tell him ur problems, he can refer u to a shrink... Just be because ur illness is not physical, it doesn't mean it's not there.. Get urself some help buddy, it's nothing to be ashamed off.
    Mate one more thing...The first time this ever happened was when I took MDMA and the next day, smked 3 joints a day for the whole week.

Weed and MDMA bring on psychosis.

I abused drugs, and yes I did pay for it. However, I now realized I abused drugs, and do not want to abuse drugs again.

I have sought a lot of help, literally have a lot of people helping, Dr, mental health nurse etc. They all tell me what you say - never, ever touch drugs again.

I am prepared to quit all drugs. The only drug I took apart from weed was MDMA, and ketamine once...But fuck them.

I just wanna clear my system out, which I am now doing (paleo diet + good exercise), I am really regulating my mood well (lots of natural supps) and I am away from the situation at Uni.

I have no stresses in my life.

I will still get my Dr. to refer me to a shrink, and I will get all the proper help, but I am wanting to know if anyone ever had this issue and then safely was able to enjoy weed again. If it is possible, I will do it.

Andrew

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Parapara For This Useful Post:

Diddydon (03-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,575 Times

If I was you id just stay away for a good 6 months at least. I've had plenty of stress in my life but weed has always helped but if it ever triggered an episode like you had I'd quit in the blink of an eye.
    Are you really prepared to risk your long term mental health for a few reefers? Fuck that mate move on.

Thanks

OK guys fair enough. I will quit then for the rest of the year.

Guess it'll be for the best.

Peace.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parapara For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (02-05-13), prime (03-05-13)

Thanks

I've never heard of paranoia... maybe there was something else in the weed, bulking it up
    Sounds terrifying the way you put it...

Sorry I'm new, sometimes I whitey and feel like calling an ambulance/ my friends talk sense into me... but when you were in A&E did they know you were high or you smoked?

Thanks

Growing up in my late teens smoking weed with my friends, there was only one or two that had a realy bad reaction to weed. Most people are fine with it. One guy his personality changed completely and when he was on weed, he would embarrss the rest of us because he would shout and start taking off his clothes and realy acting ridiculous. But this is very rare, interestingly the same guy would act loopy when realy drunk as well, climbing on tables at pubs and making a fool out of himself. So i don't realy know how much of his behaviour can be attributed to weed specifically. Personally i think weed basically brings his personality to the front and removes his inhibitions to the extent where he does not consider his surroundings adequately. This has nothing to do with you, just thought id share for perspective.

I had a friend who used to suffer from panic attacks or anxiety attacks when smoking weed, i think this is what you have suffered. If you are going through a stage in your life where you have high anxiety and you have not fully reached the point in your maturity where you are fully confident in who you are. This can happen at different times for different people. Then I would not recommend smoking, and certainly not three joints a night by yourself. Ive been smoking for 15 years and i wouldn't smoke three joints for myself in one night, not because i would get too high, just cause its excessive in my opinion. All you need is half joint or a few bongs and you can feel stoned for several hours. But if you are going through anxiety problems and are self conscious then you should cut the weed out until you feel that you have got over these sorts of mental issues. If you smoke when you are anxious or paranoid you will only exasperate those feelings and it can lead to results like you have explained. Best thing to do if you ever do smoke again and feel like you hearing voices, just take it easy and go home and sleep it off, because when you wake up the next day you will no longer be stoned and should be back to normal, well from my experience.

If i had any panic attacks or anxiety issues from smoking bud i would stop right away, as that is no longer enjoyable experience. I agree with others, quitting for 6 months or a year or until you feel more stable is a good idea.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sekular For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (11-05-13)

Thanks

If you were hearing voices after a couple joints m8 a would stay away from it some people can get long lasting mental health issues from weed every 1 is different I can smoke weed all day long no probs if I take a line a coke a start getting heavy paranoid fuck knows why I just stay away from that shit now fuck having paranoia for ever just cause of a drug.

All the best m8

EC goes up, PH goes down = Plants require less nutrients
    EC goes down, PH goes up = Plants require more nutrients
    EC stable, PH stable = Spot on

Thanks

Hey guys,

I just want to say, I'm feeling real good now. All the symptoms went away. I also want to add, I did smoke with some friends between the initial psychosis and the second episode - that time I smoked some good weed, rather than nasty shit, and I had no problems whatsoever.

I am committed to getting to the bottom of this. I will call my Dr. Monday, update them, get them to refer me to a psychiatrist and I will do 6 months of anti-psychotic drugs. Just to confirm, I am 100% back to health now.

I am going to take real good care of myself. My fitness is already pretty good, I work out at home a lot, run etc. I'm now making good gains, am sleeping well etc. I will focus on this for 6 months. Apparently drugs remain in fat cells so I will try and get down to 8 pack levels of bodyfat.

After research, this episode does not mean I had any underlying mental health issues. This was first induced my taking MDMA and smoking heavily, which is proven to induce psychosis. This was drug and stress induced psychosis. I had to hand in all my 2nd year essays that particular week...which coincidentally all received 1st class honors grades, which to me indicates soundness of mind.

I just want to know if I should never smoke again? I have quit all drugs now. It's only weed I am interested in ever doing again. I am going to talk to my mental health counselor about this on Friday, and then will talk in depth with the psychiatrist. I will work with them and if they say there is a chance I could smoke very lightly again, I'll do it. If not, then I will have to work hard on quitting and changing my attitudes to weed.

I would like some advice? Especially if you've had psychosis before.

Andrew.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast