Thread: Smoking is good for you. wtf !

Thanks

Default Smoking is good for you. wtf !

Wow. I'm stumped and not to sure what to believe. Ive been filled with the anti smoking bullshit all my life. But these threads below make me wanna restart.

Thought you guys (smoker's/ex-smokers) might wanna read through too.

http://speakeasyforum.com/eve/forums...2/m/7541044041

http://www.forces.org/evidence/evid/therap.htm

http://www.forces.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?t=528

regards,

Thanks

"Before being banned by Russia, Britain and America, a total of 711 atmospheric nuclear tests were conducted, thereby creating 711,000 kilograms of deadly microscopic radioactive particles, to which must be added the original 4,200 kilograms from the weapons themselves, for a gross though very conservative total of 715,200 kilograms. There are more than a million lethal doses per kilogram, meaning that your governments have contaminated your atmosphere with more than 715,000,000,000 [715 Billion] such doses, enough to cause lung or skin cancer 117 times in every man, woman and child on earth.

Before you ask, no, the radioactive particles do not just “fade away”, at least not in your lifetime or that of your children and grandchildren. With a half-life of 50,000 years or longer, these countless trillions of deadly government-manufactured radioactive particles are essentially with you forever. Circulated around the world by powerful jet streams, these particles are deposited at random, though in higher concentrations within a couple of thousand miles of the original test sites. A simple wind or other surface disturbance is all that is needed to stir them up again and create enhanced dangers for those in the vicinity."

holy shit!

Thanks

I realy like these words, from http://www.journaloftheoretics.com/E...ial%201-4.html

Would you believe that the real number is < 10%? Yes, a US white male (USWM) cigarette smoker has an 8% lifetime chance of dying from lung cancer but the USWM nonsmoker also has a 1% chance of dying from lung cancer. In fact, the data used is biased in the way that it was collected and the actual risk for a smoker is probably less. I personally would not smoke cigarettes and take that risk, nor recommend cigarette smoking to others, but the numbers were less than I had been led to believe. I only did the data on white males because they account for the largest number of lung cancers in the US, but a similar analysis can be done for other groups using the CDC data.

You don't see this type of information being reported, and we hear things like, "if you smoke you will die", but when we actually look at the data, lung cancer accounts for only 2% of the annual deaths worldwide and only 3% in the US.**

When we look at the data over a longer period, such as 50 years as we did here, the lifetime relative risk is only 8 (see Appendix A). That means that even using the biased data that is out there, a USWM smoker has only an 8x more risk of dying from lung cancer than a nonsmoker. It surprised me too because I had always heard numbers like 20-40 times more risk. Statistics that are understandable and make sense to the general public, what a concept!

The process of developing cancer is complex and multifactorial. It involves genetics, the immune system, cellular irritation, DNA alteration, dose and duration of exposure, and much more. Some of the known risk factors include genetics4,5,6, asbestos exposure7, sex8, HIV status9, vitamin deficiency10, diet11,12,13, pollution14 , shipbuilding15 and even just plain old being lazy.16 When some of these factors are combined they can have a synergistic effect17, but none of these risk factors are directly and independently responsible for "causing" lung cancer!

Look in any dictionary and you will find something like, "anything producing an effect or result."18 At what level of occurrence would you feel comfortable saying that X "causes" Y? For myself and most scientists, we would require Y to occur at least 50% of the time. Yet the media would have you believe that X causes Y when it actually occurs less than 10% of the time.

------------

Time for a revolution im sick of being bullshitted too by government -_- its actualy realy depressing, im gonna have a smoke.
    Science flies you to the moon.

Religion flies you into buildings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dint0 View Post

Time for a revolution im sick of being bullshitted too by government -_- its actualy realy depressing, im gonna have a smoke.

Yep I really believed the goverment cared for, and was protecting us with there anti smoking bullshit. Cheers for the post and info Dint0 and D. I'm absorbing as much info as poss. Been reading for 3 days striaght.

Found another kick ass webby: http://fauxbacco.blogspot.com/

loads of very interesting info.

Thanks

So I have a question thats kinda related.
    If the government are so concerned with everyone's health these days, especially kids, then why is it still legal for 16 year olds to still buy cigarettes?
    My name is Michael Caine, and I, am a pirate killer.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Think they put it up to 18 but they not worried about anyone, health is not a political concern to any government.

Thanks

there is no doubt in my mind that smoking tobacco is harmful to your lungs, i cough up black shit and feel like dying when i get winded. I'm sure that if i keep smoking for another 10-15 years my lungs will turn black with the tar that I inhale...whether or not this is a direct link to cancer i'm not so sure...
    Tiger got to hunt,
    Bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"
    Tiger got to sleep,
    Bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand.

-K. Vonnegut

Thanks

everything on this planet that humans eat drink or inhale is bad for us if we abuse it.
    so if you are going to spend your life worrying what is harming your phsyical health you wont do anything that we enjoy doing for fear of cancer and the like what sort of life would that be? BORING dull and bland not worth living at all.
    so stop listening to all these so called experts eat. drink .smoke and most important of all be happy youll live a lot longer STRESS can kill you quicker than most drugs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kajun666 View Post
    Wow. I'm stumped and not to sure what to believe. Ive been filled with the anti smoking bullshit all my life. But these threads below make me wanna restart.
    Not sure I'd personally restart smoking based on articles on pro-smoking sites It's no different to how the anti-weed lobby gather together studies and research that backs up their views and dismiss the ones that don't. Propaganda. If there's really all these zillions of radioactive particles all over the planet due to nuclear bomb testing, and only one needs to land on you to give you skin cancer or be breathed in for lung cancer we'd all be dead by now.