Thread: Recommended strain for anxiety and pain?

Thanks

Default Recommended strain for anxiety and pain?

Been looking into strains from CBD crew and pretty much had my mind set on CBD SkunkHaze with a THC/CBD average of 5%. However if you read the analysis report made 2012 by Fundación CANNA their strain had an THC/CBD of about 12%. As the strain is a 50/50 mix of indica-sativa it makes me a bit worried if it would elevate my anxiety in any way? I really need a strain that can combat my racing thoughts and the anxiety I struggle with. Would also be a big bonus if the strain in question give some physical pain relif. Also had my eyes on the CBD shark 80/20 indica-sativa strain with an average THC/CBD of 6%, tested Fundación CANNA average of 6-7%. Read somewhere that someone recommeded Sensai seeds Afghani #1, im not sure though about the CBD % on that one.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

This is exactly what I am looking for also I suffer with a condition called Ankylosing Spondilits which affects my spine and is similar to arthritis and my girlfriend suffers with anxiety so I am looking for a strain that could combat both. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

I would lean more to a high CBD strain but its a bit of a holy grail over here. Check this blog out, there are 2 parts and this is the first. http://growersguidetocannabis.com/searching-for-cbd/ I dont think its a banned link?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

GreenShine (17-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    I would lean more to a high CBD strain but its a bit of a holy grail over here. Check this blog out, there are 2 parts and this is the first. http://growersguidetocannabis.com/searching-for-cbd/ I dont think its a banned link?
    Thank you for the link, most interesting read about the Cannatonic strain. I had previously been trying to find some test info on that particular strain. So the average score out of 17 tests is 8% CBD for the Cannatonic 50/50 Indica-Sativa strain. CBD crew Shark had an average of 6 % CDB for its 80/20 Indica/Sativa strain. I went for the CDB crew SkunkHaze in the end as its price was more attractive, even though the average is "only" 5%, but its a 50/50 Indica-Sativa strain as the Cannatonic is. If the Sativa part affects my anxiety in any kind of negative way I will try the the Indica dominant CBD crew Shark strain instead. You also have the Juanita la Lagrimosa strain with a CBD average of close to 9%, but sadly its Sativa dominant, so I would be a bit worried that it could elevate my anxiety.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,575 Times

Hi mate

There's a thread in the medi section that lists strains and their good uses.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

Just saw this and ripped it for you,

Cannabis falls into three categories: Indica, Sativa, and ruderalis. There is an enormous amount of confusion and misinformation about all three.

* Sativa is famouse for its long skinny leafs, long flowering time, and "up" high.

* Indica is famous for short fat leafs, short flowering times, and "down" high.

* Ruderaleus is often called "Hemp" and tends to auto flower, contain low levels of THC and also some CBD

Here is where is gets confusing. Some indicas have long skinny leafs. Some Sativa have short fat leafs. Most modern medical cannabis is hybridized sativa x indica . The "up" and "down" affects have chemical explanations, but its not as simple as people want to believe. Some Sativa has a "down" affect, some Indica has an"up" affect. There is a terpenoid called myrcene that is present in many indicas that appears to be responsible for the strong sedative affect.

Thanks

Hi GreenShine,
    For anxiety and pain practice yoga or start mild exercises or regular basis. Talk with your friends and family members and share your problems with them. Increase your water intake and eat vegetables and fruits more in your diet plan. If you don't eat well take multivitamins regularly and avoid alcohol, smoking and other stimulants. Try not to worry, remember to laugh and accept the things you cannot change.