Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doubt i'll be buying from Attitude again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Attitude Seedbank and they have such quick turnover there are no seeds held long term and the be honest the buck stops at the breeder, not the vendor.
    Now I have to disagree a little with that rockster
    My emerald triangle packs were dated in pen "2001" 2003" 2007"
    They still germed and is prolly cuz no1 likes et

It does show however that they will sell 10+ year old seeds
    Last edited by Fro; 09-05-13 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Now I have to disagree with that rockster
    My packs were dated in pen "2001" 2003" 2007"
    They still germed
    Then I think they must have gone into Attitude stock a lot later than on the date.

Those beans were very old, who was the breeder?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Yup totally agree. I bought 5 big Buddha cheese seeds from attitude and not one sprouted. Was it a breeder or vendor problem? Nope, I put it down to my germinating routine. Ordered 5 more and made sure everything was spot on during the germinating phase and every one of them popped and are growing nicely
    same here ordered some not long ago no problems at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    Then I think they must have gone into Attitude stock a lot later than on the date.

Those beans were very old, who was the breeder?
    Emerald triangle regs.
    In short the grow was completely successful though

Thanks

I don't think it was my germ method.
    As said, I used root riot cubes to sprout the seeds and these were pre soaked with pH 5.5 water with the excess squeezed off prior to planting.
    All of the unknown seeds popped fine but 4 out of the 6 Barney's didn't sprout at all
    Of the 2 left, 1 Barney's Farm Blue Cheese popped but broke its own stem and the Pineapple Chunk just died a death. (or was it the opposite way around?)
    The freebie Confidential Cheese just that planted about 3 to 4 weeks ago didn't pop at all.

That left the seeds that I popped for my brother and the 1 Afghan Cheese freebie (planted with the Confidential) all popping successfully.
    Not exactly a great success rate.

I know full well that can't hold Attitude responsible entirely as it does depend on the breeder but it still stings a little when the failure rate leaves you feeling like you'd have been better sticking with clones that would have cost me less.

Still, as I said, I've still got a nice mug out of it.
    Last edited by DKD; 10-05-13 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,017 Times

Its Barney's mate. Every Barney seed I have ever tried has failed to sprout. (Around 6 seeds)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickey Pearce For This Useful Post:

bud_alzir (10-05-13), Strider (01-01-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Pearce View Post
    Its Barney's mate. Every Barney seed I have ever tried has failed to sprout. (Around 6 seeds)
    Never heard of that before infact am shocked u can't get any of barneys beans to sprout u sure u no fucked them ? A have had a lot of seeds from here for many years possibly over 100 a have almost grew the whole menu and only one plant was a shitty grower but it still grew

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DKD View Post
    I don't think it was my germ method.
    As said, I used root riot cubes to sprout the seeds and these were pre soaked with pH 5.5 water with the excess squeezed off prior to planting.
    All of the unknown seeds popped fine but 4 out of the 6 Barney's didn't sprout at all
    Of the 2 left, 1 Barney's Farm Blue Cheese popped but broke its own stem and the Pineapple Chunk just died a death. (or was it the opposite way around?)
    The freebie Confidential Cheese just that planted about 3 to 4 weeks ago didn't pop at all.

That left the seeds that I popped for my brother and the 1 Afghan Cheese freebie (planted with the Confidential) all popping successfully.
    Not exactly a great success rate.

I know full well that can't hold Attitude responsible entirely as it does depend on the breeder but it still stings a little when the failure rate leaves you feeling like you'd have been better sticking with clones that would have cost me less.

Still, as I said, I've still got a nice mug out of it.
    I put this down to in experience when people say a popped the seed but it broke its own stem?
    Not the right conditions by the sounds of it stem rot has done it and ph soaked cube would be better 5.8 no 5.5
    Had so many barneys seeds over the years and never as a prob at all a got 3 strains from seed at the moment from there and all grew easy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,250 Times

hi dkd I have to agree with poet rockster and micky attitude get deliveries from breeders every other day.so stock should be fresh and I have had no problems with germination personally my last order 9/10 seeds sprouted. and quote I don't think it was my germ method All of the unknown seeds popped fine but 4 out of the 6 Barney's didn't sprout at all. theres your answer imo breeders fault not yours or anyone else's.all the best
    grow mango haze.and save a fortune on nutrients.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bud_alzir For This Useful Post:

Mickey Pearce (13-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,017 Times

Quote Originally Posted by marleynme View Post
    Never heard of that before infact am shocked u can't get any of barneys beans to sprout u sure u no fucked them ? A have had a lot of seeds from here for many years possibly over 100 a have almost grew the whole menu and only one plant was a shitty grower but it still grew
    6 diff strains straight from the post to the paper towel man... never had issues with any other seedbanks strains... 2 mates of mine wont buy from Barney's for this reason. Not to mention their pathetic pheno variation. From what I've seen first hand their Blue Cheese is the only consistent performer.... but I'd still buy Big Buddhas version over Barney's anyday. Personal expirience and preference man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast