Thread: NYC Diesel

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

Default NYC Diesel

So I was thinking, does anyone know what it consists of?

From what I found they original is unknown seed found...My guess is it's something like nl (#5) x Chm Dog

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.UnclePen For This Useful Post:

Blue Mtn Bud (12-05-13)

Thanks

From what I remember... and I may be wrong on this. Chemdawg found like 5 or 6 seeds in a bag of chronic back in 1991ish and a cutting from one of those phenos made its way to the east coast and became NYC Diesel. This could be wrong but I believe I read this about a year ago somewhere.
    Mostly outdoors but always organic !!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Mtn Bud For This Useful Post:

juiceman (03-06-13)

Thanks

The cannabible says that NYC diesel was original chemdawg 91 renamed to sell better.
    And that's why you hear diesel is the same as chem and some say og is also the same.

Coincidence that those are my top 3 strains? Chemdawg had some history making bagseed
    Last edited by Fro; 12-05-13 at 06:47 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fro For This Useful Post:

Blue Mtn Bud (12-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mtn Bud View Post
    From what I remember... and I may be wrong on this. Chemdawg found like 5 or 6 seeds in a bag of chronic back in 1991ish and a cutting from one of those phenos made its way to the east coast and became NYC Diesel. This could be wrong but I believe I read this about a year ago somewhere.
    Sort of right, there's a bit more to the story but who knows what is true...

Interesting.. Chem '91 and NYC Diesel and from the same cutting, maybe the same seed crossing but I find it hard to believe it's the same pheno. Chem Dog has an unmistakable taste and smell, you can tell it's a more pure form of Diesel fuel funk. I also get the kush relation, but they must have crossed it with a afghan or something to make it different because Kush, Diesel, and Chem '91 (skunk va cut) are all different. Maybe they've changed over decades of breeding but I do think nyc d is the closest to chem d, but still not the same. Kush and Sour D are also very good, but not like Chem D. Nyc d tastes like it has nl in it, and most definitely has diesel or chem in it, it looks like chem in some pictures with a nl coloring.