Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My loft is on fire! ...well not really

Thanks

Default My loft is on fire! ...well not really

SHIT! My temps in my loft grow ranged from 33c-37c yesterday as the sun outside pounding down on my roof was turning my attic into a hot house! Oh the irony... `it's too sunny to grow`
    I'm using a 400wt HPS, budget filter/extracter and a big fan on full blast.

Anyone got any good ways to cool things down please?

Thanks

you could try to get a air supply from outside mate or stick a 4lt bottle of frozen water in front of your fan in your tent, might work.

Monty Bong Guest

If you haven't already, put your lights on during the night time and off during the day.

Thanks

If you haven't already, put your lights on during the night time and off during the day.
    Yeah and if you currently have them in the day, stagger them 2 hours at a time until you get to night, the plants wont mind it

Monty Bong Guest

To change your lighting schedule I would just give them an extra 12 hours of darkness, it's never done my plants any harm and I do it quite regularly. I think staggering by 2 hours is unnecessary tbh.

Thanks

Fair play then ^^^ what he said!

Thanks

id be cautious of having my lights on at night in an attic, it's obvioulsy not insulated or it wouldnt have got that hot. your roof will be like a christmas tree to our flying trottered friends

Thanks

Grow a lawn on your roof.... LOL "Start a Trend"

7 Averaged sized front lawns, has the effect of 70 tones of air conditioning.

But if that isn't your bag then, if you own your home you could install a couple more roof vents in your roof on a week with some friends in a couple hours for a bag of shingles a box of nails and the cost of the vents. If thats not an option, then maybe you can bring fresh air in from outside else where or through the chimney (as long as your furance is off for the summer).

It doesn't have to be from outside either, if your going to be introducing an intake, the air just has to be cooler than the temp you want. Or atleast cooler that the air is now. redirect a current vent or install a Fake Exhaust fan or vent in the room below the loft.

If you were to put a vent plate on it and that "vent" looked legit, and was sucking air in instead of pushing air out, nobody would know if you used the right kind of Duct Booster Inline Fan. Which are not all that expensive and available at your DIY Stores. Theya re ment to sit on a duct line and boost air flow, they look like a normal peice of duct tube with a cleverly attached PC fan inside. My friend uses one and it's runs at 1 sonne with 250cfm air flow and it was 50 bucks CAD. Not bad at all.

Thanks

I can't grow through the night as the fan buzz is just enough to annoy. I'm resorting to putting them in a sunny room in the midday sun for now, might think about getting some cool air from the shaded side of the house or something. Tried the frozen water trick, lasted 10mins lol

Thanks for the help!

Thanks

i know its extra cost wozz but a cooltube would help you a touch mate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast