Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Amsterdam Weed verses UK Weed

Thanks

wasn't much cheaper on the outskirts, 13 euro a g compared with 15 in the centre, without the walking ;

Thanks

I loved the dam when I went. It's such a beautiful city. I think the Dutch do come across a bit rude though. They say it like it is but I wasn't fond of them. Oh my english sensibilities.
    OOOOO my fingers are sooo sticky.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to goochy For This Useful Post:

Bob2142 (17-09-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,924 Times

While smoking dam weed you get to see naked ladies so dam weed all the way

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Plough For This Useful Post:

Canablitz (04-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

I was surprised on my trip 2 years ago as well. My first coffee shop stop, I asked for a "medium strength" sativa out of respect. I quickly learned that I always wanted their most potent variety, and it was still did not hold a candle to my personal crops. I had some tasty buds, and also some nice highs, but as far as overall potency I was better off at home. I really enjoyed a few of the Sativa hashes though. Hard to find, but some were worth the hunt.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to galt For This Useful Post:

chillymog (17-09-13)

mellowed Guest

The last couple of meetups that ive been to with other forum members have been good when comparing the uk weed to Amsterdam.............I wouldn't compare the most shite street weed to anything in the dam though.............thats the difference. Most forum members want the best weed. Most cash croppers want the yeild an want it now. I imagine its the same when growing in the dam but obviously they have to maintain a certain degree of quality but most strains I tried in the dam could have been a bit stronger or left a few extra weeks.. ....yes I did check the trics..........I'm a weed geek

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (26-09-13), Bob2142 (17-09-13), chillymog (17-09-13), ChuChu (04-11-13), tlh2496 (13-03-14)

Thanks

Classic reply Mellowed... I can picture you now,asking the budtender to see every strain they have,then giving it all the once over with the loupe

My opinion is good home grown is as strong if not stronger than 95% of dam weed, afterall they are using pretty much the same genetics as us

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chillymog For This Useful Post:

BADM4N (26-09-13), tlh2496 (13-03-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

if you go to the right places in the dam then you,ll get some nice weed, silver bubble etc but last time i was over i never had anything as potent as the bubblegum i was smoking on way there from my own crop, i,d never go there again during the cannabis cup though as thats when most the shite comes out, your actually better off heading out of the dam for your weed

trumptummy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chillymog View Post
    Classic reply Mellowed... I can picture you now,asking the budtender to see every strain they have,then giving it all the once over with the loupe

My opinion is good home grown is as strong if not stronger than 95% of dam weed, afterall they are using pretty much the same genetics as us
    I'd be tempted to take a scope at those prices!!

The old homegrown is definitely better than anywhere in the dam. they cropping for cash, were cropping for best smoke. I bet there's a few places in the dam you can get really shit hot smoke but it's always going to be harder looking after a big crop than a small one and thus the weed wont be as good.

Thanks

On my last trip To the dam for 5 days...I could not get stoned and came to the conclusion that the weed was crap ...that's was until I found the Katsu and feck me there smoke was supreme ..I seen one customer start talking to himself and he had to be carried out....it is the only coffee shop I would bother with on my return.....one other high light was the New York City diesel from the dampkring ....nicest tasting smoke ever but it just bounced off me and I ended up chain smoking the stuff ....I also caught the staff in the greenhouse shaking a bag of haze for the crystals .....arrogant baw bag staff who I would have loved to have knocked of there stools....if anyone who reads this is going over soon post back and let me know if the Katsu is still good....cheers

Doubie Guest

Until I pull my first harvest I have to rely on street sellers.
    But once or twice a year I'd visit Amsterdam and post as much as I can afford, back home. Its much better than Street stuff.

But, I recently went to a meet up, and the home grown stuff was FAR better than Amsterdam stuff. You take what you can get I suppose.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

ChuChu (04-11-13)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast