Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheapy eBay tent kit

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,188 Times

the tent would be ok... but as for the filters etc, i wouldnt entertain them.... i got my tent of fleebay its a growqube 1.2m, am well impressed with it,. got the rvk fans and filter from my local hydro shop... but yep costly indeed, good luck m8

Thanks

I was looking at the kits, decided against it, I bought all separate items selecting the makes people rave about and im happy with my starter set-up so far, and it cost about 600 so far. But now I want to upgrade my extraction already :/

Thanks

I think a lot of us have to buy cheap to get a little cash behind us and improve later

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickyboy.4 For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (19-12-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboy.4 View Post
    I think a lot of us have to buy cheap to get a little cash behind us and improve later
    I think you are right.

But i think a lot dont realise you could buy 20 bits of wood and some plastic sheets for a quarter of the price and spend the diff on a fan and filter.

I think any StarterKit has its place, like when people bought Hi-Fi's. A couple of the components are shit and a couple ok, to to get a better sound you would have bought the components individually, amp, tuner, speakers etc.

Thanks

Buy it all seperate, i got a decent tent 1m, good filter, 3 inline fans 2 clip on fans, cool tube shade, all for under £150 new, i already had my 600 ballast+bulb and it is all been running great for over a year

Thanks

I bought one of those kits earlier in the year mate, the filter was ok only trouble I found was it was 4". I'd go for a 5" minimum in that size tent

Thanks

I dunno folks, I've been doing great with cheap equipment, couldn't be happier. Got a 600w air cooled adjustable watt ballast with cool tube reflector and hangers for 132$ and my tent was 80$ from Wal Mart. Hell, I'd spend that kind of money on just the ballast and a bulb or two if I shopped at the hydro store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T20oer View Post
    I bought one of those kits earlier in the year mate, the filter was ok only trouble I found was it was 4". I'd go for a 5" minimum in that size tent
    Fully agree - I'm stuck with a 4 - you may as well get a six easier to get the ducting and filter covers n all.

scoobyvince Guest

Well as far as am concerned and due to the fact that things are very expensive here in France, I'm gonna have to go for a cheaper kit to start with. The thing is I have mates who have cheap kits and don't have any security issues or else. So it depends where the kit comes from imo. you can get kits of good quality for cheaper price like for example reduced price to get rid of stock.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

You get what you pay for. In cheap kits there are always compromises... often with the fan & filter!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

MrG (28-10-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast