Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.2x1.2 Grow Tent Design And all you need for a Coco Grow.

Bulls Guest

Default 1.2x1.2 Grow Tent Design And all you need for a Coco Grow.

Hello everyone. I remember how difficult it was for me before I start my first grow to get all the equipment. I have decided to make a list of everything you need to start growing 4 plants in coco in this size tent.

Tent
    There are many choices on the market. There are expensive tents and there are also cheap ones. They all will do the job, but obviously the more expensive ones are build with better materials and will last you for longer. 1.2mx1.2m tent is a good size tent for a first time grower or even for someone with more experience. You can achieve some really good results in that space. Height can vary from 1.8 to 2.2m and there are also roof qube tents available to fit in the loft.

Light
    Depending on what kind of light you want to use you can choose between LED, MH(Metal Halide), HPS(High Pressure Sodium). In my opinion the minimum light to cover 1.2 area will be 600W. So the choice is yours. If you decided to use LED, check with light producer the actual energy draw of the LED panel and the footprint as well. For example my Mars 2 900W LED panel draws somewhere between 400 and 450w.

Ventilation
    Probably the most important bit of equipment. The ventilation is the key of a well controlled environment. It's always better to go for a bigger extractor fan and a filter and control them via controller. For this size tent I will go for a 6''L1 RVK + Same size Rhino Pro carbon filter. This size fan will allow you passive intake and you won't need another fan to push air in the tent. You might need that kind of fan if you are extracting the air from the tent in the same room where your tent is. Then you need a source with fresh for intake. This fan can be a bit noisy so you can always build a silent box following Bud_Lightyears guide.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ghtyear+silent

You will also need ducting. Best ducting to buy is the Acoustic one. Reduced the noise a lot. You can also buy duct silencer for the end of the ducting to reduce the whoosh sound.

You will need at least 2 oscillation fans. I always have one on top of the canopy and one under the canopy.

Controller & Heating
    It's another expensive bit of kit but will make your life a lot easier. I would recommend Evolution EcoTechnics Fan Controller. This controller gives you the chance to wire your extractor fan, intake fan and heater. All you need to do is then set the desired temperature and humidity in the groom and the controller will take care of everything.
    I would wire a Fan Heater because they kick in quick and dry out the air well too.

Dealing with the runoff
    That gave me a lot of headache but it's so easy to deal with. All you need is about 35mm x 35mm x 2400mm timber. Cut 6 x 1.1m long pieces and make a frame to place the pots on. Then you need trays underneath to collect the runoff.
    I will recommend you getting a 1.2m x 1.2m flexi tray in case you spill water. It's really well build tray that will collect about 75L of water if something goes wrong.

The rest of the list will include nutes, coco, pots and ec/ph meters.

Nutes
    Canna A&B
    Canna Rhizotonic
    Growth Technology Liquid Silicone
    Green Planet Massive
    CANNA PK 13/14
    Essentials PH Down
    Epson Salts

Coco
    Canna Coco Professional Plus+.

Pots
    4 x 15L Air pots with 6 weeks veg and LST and Topping can fill that tent really well
    You will also need 0.5L starter pots to start your seeds in.

PH & EC Meters
    Essentials PH Meter an Essentials EC meter or BlueLab EC meter.
    You will also need ESSENTIALS PH BUFFER 4 & 7 250ML CALIBRATION FLUID METER

I think that covers most of the basic stuff you need to start a grow and don't end up in the middle wondering why something is not working properly I know it will cost you a lot but remember, most of the things you only buy once. I hope this will be helpful to someone!

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Blue (12-12-15), Buster (26-12-15), Dazmandaz (13-12-15), ERBURT (15-12-15), GanjasaurusREX (09-04-17), GrowHead (26-04-17), kbag (12-12-15), KieranH (05-02-18), mudcub17 (31-08-17), Nappa (28-12-17), Pink_tiger (14-12-15), RandomodnaR (01-01-16), Realdocholliday (16-08-17), Rollingstones (27-12-17), Samwise Gamgee (12-12-15), Subterranean Man (24-03-16), talcyboy28 (15-12-15), wightwitch (12-12-15), YorkshireFarmer (30-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Good write up bulsat , this should help all the noobs out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

very good mate, great advice

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

wightwitch (14-12-15)

Bulls Guest

Thanks guys. I hope it will useful for someone who is banging his head in the wall wondering what to buy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Blue (13-12-15)

Thanks

If your extractor is on a controller. It goes on and off according to room temp? What about smell while it's off? I've only ever used extractors on 24/7. Thx for any help. X

ganjagunman Guest

Good little guide that mate, im doing a Coco run next, i just can't seem to find those runoff Garland trays anywhere near me and the cheapest ive found online is £25 each for the 100x100 ones, i need two as ill be using a 240x120 next, do you know of anywhere?

Another one for your list could be a 100 litre water butt with air stone in the bottom to keep the water moving, then just add feed and PH down then you have ready prepped feed to use at your will saves mixing everytime

Cheers matey

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wightwitch View Post
    If your extractor is on a controller. It goes on and off according to room temp? What about smell while it's off? I've only ever used extractors on 24/7. Thx for any help. X
    If your using a climate control speed controller Your extractor shouldn't go on and off what it will actually do is be running constant (24/7) but increase in speed when temps rise and decrease in speed when it's reached the desired temperature

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Buster (26-12-15), Samwise Gamgee (16-12-15)

Thanks

Aaahhh. That makes more sense!! Thankyou!! So does the extractor need to be compatible or will any fan speed up and down?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wightwitch For This Useful Post:

Blue (14-12-15)

Thanks

Aaahhh. That makes more sense!! Thankyou!! So does the extractor need to be compatible or will any fan speed up and down?
    Providing you stick to the correct amps the speed controller can handle, I think most are compatible . For example mines a 1.5amp controller

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Good little guide that mate, im doing a Coco run next, i just can't seem to find those runoff Garland trays anywhere near me and the cheapest ive found online is £25 each for the 100x100 ones, i need two as ill be using a 240x120 next, do you know of anywhere?

Another one for your list could be a 100 litre water butt with air stone in the bottom to keep the water moving, then just add feed and PH down then you have ready prepped feed to use at your will saves mixing everytime

Cheers matey
    Hello Ganjaman and thanks. I think I have only seen them on ebay mate. I know my local hydro shop sells them too just remembered. I only use 4 x round trays under my pots mate.

Good call on the water butt. Was thinking about it and completely forgot it. Does save a lot of headache premixing your feed in advance .

Yes and it's good to be Variac one. Otherwise they make fans buzz when turned down. The one I suggested is also good . You can also build your own controller following Bud_Lightyear's guide.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

wightwitch (15-12-15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast