Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Decent set up piece by piece.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Cant speak for LED, only HPS, MH & CFL here, those I can say will grow what you want

Still not sold on LED personally, not yet anyway..
    Yeaaa buddy!Think it’s going to have to be Hps etc then. Any recommendations on lighting brands thinking of going with a parabolic too👍
    Also any recommendations on brand and size of tent I have seen one around 0.8x0.8x1.8 thinking of trying to save a bit of space if I can but yeah will I get 3 maybe 4 in one of these? Or should I just go with the 1.2x1.2x2.0??
    Also has anybody used a roof qube tent?Was having a look at one of these too @ 1.2x1.2x1.8m was thinking if I was to go parabolic the light would fit nice in the roof right?? Or should I just stick with a box shape??
    Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), Ben.g (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

1.2m is the one to go for. I have a 0.9x0.6x0.9 and a 0.9x0.9x1.8 all too small good for 2 small plants each, I have 1 in each at the moment I am about to get a 1.2x1.2x2.0 though so that will no longer be an issue.

Parabolic, yeah most go for silver and 1m fits just nice in a 1.2m tent

Loft tents, not for me, way too uncontrollable in summer so cant advise on roof qube

Lumii Black 660w dimmable ballast (good product for price, I have 2), 600w MH (veg) 600w HPS (Flower) or you could do a full spectrum HPS to save on costs although I go the seperate route
    Last edited by AND; 10-08-18 at 11:49 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (10-08-18), BudMarley (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), Ironman (10-08-18), joker_the_smoker (10-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    1.2m is the one to go for. I have a 0.9x0.6x0.9 and a 0.9x0.9x1.8 all too small good for 2 small plants each, I have 1 in each at the moment I am about to get a 1.2x1.2x2.0 though so that will no longer be an issue.

Parabolic, yeah most go for silver and 1m fits just nice in a 1.2m tent

Loft tents, not for me, way too uncontrollable in summer so cant advise on roof qube

Lumii Black 660w dimmable ballast (good product for price, I have 2), 600w MH (veg) 600w HPS (Flower) or you could do a full spectrum HPS to save on costs although I go the seperate route
    AND your a top man! Thanks for the info my man!Looks like I will be going with a 1.2x1.2x2.0 then and okay cool as for The parabolic any recommendations brand wise? Think it’s defo the hps route I’m going down so yeah unsure on whether to use dual spectrum or both yet tho will wait and see when I purchase a parabolic what comes with etc. Also if I was to get an 800cm parabolic can I still use a 600w bulb with this??

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), Ben.g (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18), Ironman (10-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BudMarley View Post
    AND your a top man! Thanks for the info my man!Looks like I will be going with a 1.2x1.2x2.0 then and okay cool as for The parabolic any recommendations brand wise? Think it’s defo the hps route I’m going down so yeah unsure on whether to use dual spectrum or both yet tho will wait and see when I purchase a parabolic what comes with etc. Also if I was to get an 800cm parabolic can I still use a 600w bulb with this??

Hello mate, I've only ever used the cheap parabolics. I've had an 800mm and a 1000mm. You can use any bulb with any size shade. I found the 800mm was a scaled down version of the 1000mm. This meant that the ventilation holes above the bulb were to small. I bought the 1000mm and lent the 800mm to a mate. He cut bigger holes in the 800mm and it work perfect.

I'd always recommend duel spec bulb right through. Plant needs a bit of both in both veg and flowering imo.

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), Ben.g (10-08-18), BudMarley (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

I also use the lumi ballast when I'm HPSing😉

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (10-08-18), Ben.g (10-08-18), BudMarley (10-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Macky Guest

Default Decent set up piece by piece.

Hps is good for flower mate, but you’ll be wanting smaller bulbs for veg.

Get the digital dimable ballast from lumi. And get a 250w mh, 400w mh, and 600 w hps, with the parabolic shade.

That’ll get you through the whole grow, with the right lights at the right time.

Cmh bulbs are apparently pukka, but pricey, I’m using one now for the first time, and I love it! Still not got full flowers yet so yet to see final results. But it’s a lot more efficient than hps, uses about half the leccy, and it’s 94% the same as daylight. They’re real good for the plants.

I run right now, a mars hydro epistar led in my veg tent, and a 315 cmh in my flower then. And a t5 fluorescent for when I pop some new seeds. And this comes to about the same amount of leccy as one tent under a 600w hps.

There is so many ways to do this shit, and nearly anything works lol. You just gotta figure out what’s right for you, and budget makes a big difference. By cheap, buy twice. Get the best shit you can, but I see you’re already on that ball.

Starter strain, grow big buddhas blue cheese mate, you won’t be disappointed

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    I also use the lumi ballast when I'm HPSing😉

IronMan your a gent! Thanks for the time bro and okay cool so I’m thinking I might just go with the 800 to save a little tent space and this negative pull stuff I just read about in the parabolic shades thread??Then either bend back near the top or drill an extra few holes for ventilation depending on the design I buy 👍Oh and thanks a bunch on the ballast recommendation looks like a few are using these and they are decent so will more than likely be grabbing one of them too.
    Will post pics &pricing of any equipment I am thinking of getting before hand anyway and see what you guys think👍
    ✌️💚BudMarley

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Hps is good for flower mate, but you’ll be wanting smaller bulbs for veg.

Get the digital dimable ballast from lumi. And get a 250w mh, 400w mh, and 600 w hps, with the parabolic shade.

That’ll get you through the whole grow, with the right lights at the right time.

Cmh bulbs are apparently pukka, but pricey, I’m using one now for the first time, and I love it! Still not got full flowers yet so yet to see final results. But it’s a lot more efficient than hps, uses about half the leccy, and it’s 94% the same as daylight. They’re real good for the plants.

I run right now, a mars hydro epistar led in my veg tent, and a 315 cmh in my flower then. And a t5 fluorescent for when I pop some new seeds. And this comes to about the same amount of leccy as one tent under a 600w hps.

There is so many ways to do this shit, and nearly anything works lol. You just gotta figure out what’s right for you, and budget makes a big difference. By cheap, buy twice. Get the best shit you can, but I see you’re already on that ball.

Starter strain, grow big buddhas blue cheese mate, you won’t be disappointed
    Okay cool thanks Macky man!👍Great bit of knowledge there much appreciated! & Thanks for the strain also will defo give that go 👍
    I was looking into these CMH lights and they do look decent and have read some good reviews tbh so maybe one for the future along with the LEDS and everything else I want to try lol as for now I’m thinking of starting up with the mh/hps route and going from there because wow your not wrong there’s so many ways and different methods to this shit it’s unreal and I’m intrigued to try my hand at them all so I’m going to start slowly building my set up now with the help and advice I’m getting from all you guys and then get shit going.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

I use the 1.2x1.2x1.8 roof cube. Think it was 90 sheets off flea bay. No branded name. It's been taken down and put back up 4 or 5 times and everything is still intact no holes or rips. Run the 80cm para in it, again off flea bay for £40. Omega digi ballast. I've used omega bulbs, sunmaster and power plant. And they all do the same job. Carbon filter for me either rhino pro or red Scorpion. And extraction fan for me is the 5" rvk A1.
    Nutes for me are vitalink but that's just with how hard my water is. 0.8 background on good days. Up 1.0 ec winter time so a 1 part grow and 1 part bloom in hard water are a must. Tried Canna AnB and the plants didn't like it at all.
    👍🏻👍🏻
    Last edited by Farmshop; 10-08-18 at 07:35 PM.
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (10-08-18), BudMarley (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

I've got the same extraction fan as farmshop. RVK 5" A1.

Id recommend RVK fans.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

BudMarley (11-08-18), GEORGE (11-08-18)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast