Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: My Organic Journey/soil build

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    It’s just wonderful having someone else on this journey with me, now it’s them mad bastards on the talk instead of that mad bastard hahaha

My daughter got bored of gardening when she thought it was just carrying loads o buckets of water up stairs all night ffs.

Your living a dream of mine brother,
    Blessings
    Redz
    Lol, happy to be a mad bastard my friend.

I will teach her all of it except the Canna thats stealth stuff and away from them entirely but the garden itself is a fantastic education for the kids man

We are growing our own pumkin for halloween man, might do a grow diary for it in the non canna horticulture section lol

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (08-01-19), Cleargreen (07-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19), UpT0wn (08-01-19), WF420 (08-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Im gonna have to use verve compost and amendments ect for the soil beds for veg. I will still add neem meal and kelp ect its just I wont be using worm casting and peat as money does not permit. It will still be 100% organic and the soil will develop over time.

Obviously the 10 litre bed for the Canna will be the recipe from Redz
    What are you using for aeration mate? I’d also get the worm casts if possible as they are essential imo

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (08-01-19), Cleargreen (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bin man View Post
    What are you using for aeration mate? I’d also get the worm casts if possible as they are essential imo
    Excellent yes certainly nit essential imho
    Look gaz on the way to drop my daughter I noticed this for a couple years and it’s just built up, it’s about 2 ft deep and at the bottom it’s all leaf mould I’m going to collect a couple big black bags the weekend! A fucking lifetime supply of black leaf mould now that’s gotta be better than compost even lol

Some life down there brother waya reckon a
    Soon G
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 08-01-19 at 02:43 AM.
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-01-19), C-Rex (08-01-19), Cleargreen (08-01-19), Gaz (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19)

Thanks

Excellent yes certainly nit essential imho
    Look gaz on the way to drop my daughter I noticed this for a couple years and it’s just built up, it’s about 2 ft deep and at the bottom it’s all leaf mould I’m going to collect a couple big black bags the weekend! A fucking lifetime supply of black leaf mould now that’s gotta be better than compost even lol

Some life down there brother waya reckon a
    Soon G
    Redz
    Fucking yes mate, thats some gold right there !! Takes fucking years to get that shit !!! There will some crazy fungi in that man, id be bin liners full already PMSL thats fucking awesome man !!!!. Im gonna keep an eye out for natural areas of this, we take the kids for a walk through woods and stuff often so gonna keep my eyea peeled !!

Cracking find Redz. !!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (08-01-19), Cleargreen (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

Thanks

One of the beds I dug has an old tree stump rotting in it so the humates and fungi from that are gonna be nuts right, thinking forest floor =humates and fungal soils . Thats where the comfrey and alfalfa will grow and then that will end up as the mulch and in the compost and worm bin.

When I dug the bed the soil was black around the stump and the bark was covered in grass and moss but came away with a rich golden brown powder all over the back of it, straight in the compost bin.
    Last edited by Gaz; 08-01-19 at 06:25 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (08-01-19), Cleargreen (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), Ginger-bud (08-01-19), lipnobody (08-01-19), redisiel (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

One of the beds I dug has an old tree stump rotting in it so the humates and fungi from that are gonna be nuts right, thinking forest floor =humates and fungal soils . Thats where the comfrey and alfalfa will grow and then that will end up as the mulch and in the compost and worm bin.

When I dug the bed the soil was black around the stump and the bark was covered in grass and moss but came away with a rich golden brown powder all over the back of it, straight in the compost bin.
    This will be our next thread to start then
    Wild sourced fertiliser and inoculants, imo’s, fpj’s woooohoooo, I have been so many walks
    Check this, back soon

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (08-01-19), Gaz (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), Ginger-bud (08-01-19), lipnobody (08-01-19), UpT0wn (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Good read this thread , confusing me to fook but a good read !
    Getting tempted to have a bit of a muddy bed this year myself
    Both providing some good info here gaz and reds
    Cheers

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-01-19), Cleargreen (08-01-19), Gaz (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), lipnobody (08-01-19), UpT0wn (08-01-19), WF420 (08-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Good read this thread , confusing me to fook but a good read !
    Getting tempted to have a bit of a muddy bed this year myself
    Both providing some good info here gaz and reds
    Cheers
    Cheers Ginger

Humates arrived today, enough to build some into the raised vegetable beds, top dress the soil veg beds a little and of course and most importantly add to my soil build for the 10L bed for the next grow in my box

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), Ginger-bud (08-01-19), lipnobody (08-01-19)

Thanks

Build thread for the Microbulator, just needs the pump attaching and testing but Im confident we are sorted.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...crobulator-DIY

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19), lipnobody (08-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

bit of hugal kulture that matey
    ive build beds in the past, dug down about a foot, layered brown cardboard on the bottom dead logs n branches piled up, leaf litter pine needles sawdust, compost, horse n cow shite dug up soil ontop in a mound about a meter high recently visited the farm after 5 years i build it on n its reduced now by about a good 2/3rds, fella has been adding mulch n shite. grows his root vegs in that one.

another pit we dug was about 1mx 2m n we filled it with sawdust n chips n small offcuts we got free from a sawmill!! hadnt touched it in 5 years but you could see the massive depression of decomposition, we dug someout black gold! smelt amazing

This will be our next thread to start then
    Wild sourced fertiliser and inoculants, imo’s, fpj’s woooohoooo, I have been so many walks
    Check this, back soon
    ohh yes please redz, i have read a mixed leaf litter from a mixed forest is far better than just from one single source of mono forestry, some truth to this i suppose.
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (08-01-19), Gaz (08-01-19), GEORGE (08-01-19)

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast