Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seedling not doing so well, start a fresh?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

Wow that’s some next level sc-fi sounding action love it. I’d actually love to test it but I’m already growing the max number of plants I feel comfortable with so have to give it a miss this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

Gaz (16-03-19), GEORGE (16-03-19), SmobyToker#1 (18-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Erby View Post
    Wow that’s some next level sc-fi sounding action love it. I’d actually love to test it but I’m already growing the max number of plants I feel comfortable with so have to give it a miss this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No worries Bro, I just meant the plants you have, as in 2 in there own pots and then one and the runt in a big shared bed/pot. But yeah deffo give it a miss mate, lol Im just thoery man and not much experience but ideas are the blocks of evolution

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-03-19), GEORGE (16-03-19), SmobyToker#1 (18-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    There is a theory that in a bed the root sytems of the plants work as global systems via the Mycorrhizal network. The plants will divert nutrients to any plants that are struggling rather than, compete for nutrients as many fear is the case.

I wouldnt listen to me and Id do what the others say but if you wanna experiment try planting the runt and a healthy girl 12 inches apart in a pot able to do both.. Say 20L plus?

Anyway good luck mate
    Wonder if that would be the case in RDWC where the roots run through into each pot.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Gaz (16-03-19), GEORGE (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

There is a theory that in a bed the root sytems of the plants work as global systems via the Mycorrhizal network. The plants will divert nutrients to any plants that are struggling rather than, compete for nutrients as many fear is the case.

I wouldnt listen to me and Id do what the others say but if you wanna experiment try planting the runt and a healthy girl 12 inches apart in a pot able to do both.. Say 20L plus?

Anyway good luck mate
    Sounds interesting mate, have you ran it past Redz? Reckon with his raised bed he'll have a good idea whether its true or not

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Wonder if that would be the case in RDWC where the roots run through into each pot.
    It could very well be, I am unclear on the mechanisms involved with other growing methods and only really know soil and organics. Others will know Im sure

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Sounds interesting mate, have you ran it past Redz? Reckon with his raised bed he'll have a good idea whether its true or not
    Me and Redz read the same literature mate, he started me down the path of organics and soil microbiology. Hes waaayyyyy further along than me mind you. It would be great for him to pop in.

The soil and the plant form a system that is in principle the same as the human body. You cant think in terms of the plant and then the soil, the two are one in the same, they are a system.

Any living sytem fights for homeostasis, so if in a system there is a problem then energy is diverted to fix it. Take PH, the soil and the plant buffer it to keep homeostasis, when the system looses the ability to do that then things go wrong. Same as us, if we for what ever reason fail to buffer our blood pH we get acidosis and shit hits the fan.

The soil and root systems is like the blood and viens but Mycorrhizal networks are viens too just like the roots. They weave capillaries throughout the soil creating an complex nutrient delivery network. They feed on the roots exudates and then deliver what ever nutrients the roots say are required. If there are multiple plants within this network the root exudates will dicate flow and rate of nutrient delivery to any of the plants that have a connection to the soils Mycorrhizal network.

You should see pics of the Mycorrhizal spread through a medium man under microscope, its mind blowing.

Anyway, Ive had a bong and am just rambling Im sure but nice to talk to you mate

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

British green (16-03-19), GEORGE (16-03-19), WF420 (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Me and Redz read the same literature mate, he started me down the path of organics and soil microbiology. Hes waaayyyyy further along than me mind you. It would be great for him to pop in.

The soil and the plant form a system that is in principle the same as the human body. You cant think in terms of the plant and then the soil, the two are one in the same, they are a system.

Any living sytem fights for homeostasis, so if in a system there is a problem then energy is diverted to fix it. Take PH, the soil and the plant buffer it to keep homeostasis, when the system looses the ability to do that then things go wrong. Same as us, if we for what ever reason fail to buffer our blood pH we get acidosis and shit hits the fan.

The soil and root systems is like the blood and viens but Mycorrhizal networks are viens too just like the roots. They weave capillaries throughout the soil creating an complex nutrient delivery network. They feed on the roots exudates and then deliver what ever nutrients the roots say are required. If there are multiple plants within this network the root exudates will dicate flow and rate of nutrient delivery to any of the plants that have a connection to the soils Mycorrhizal network.

You should see pics of the Mycorrhizal spread through a medium man under microscope, its mind blowing.

Anyway, Ive had a bong and am just rambling Im sure but nice to talk to you mate
    Keep on rambling mate, atleast you manage to write it in a way i understand

Makes complete sense though, so say you have a single plant in a pot, thats one system. However, you make that pot bigger, like a raised bed. Then add a 2nd plant, it incorporates the 2nd into its system already forms and works together, interesting!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2