Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: God save our queen

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Default God save our queen

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    what does she do for us again..
    She puts more back than she takes out and does more good than harm . Plus she's miles better than any politician and last year she gave us a extra day off with pay

Sent from a green pleasant land

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (23-04-17), ERBURT (22-04-17), EyeEyePickle (25-04-17), Glynne (22-04-17), joker_the_smoker (21-04-17), M_C (22-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    She puts more back than she takes out and does more good than harm . Plus she's miles better than any politician and last year she gave us a extra day off with pay

fair play on the extra day off dont get me wrong i love me country most of time and dont mind royals but i fail to see the benefit with them. but yeaa good point they better than the politicians

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (21-04-17), Glynne (22-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

lol brainwashing is fuckin heavy we accually think we own our thoughts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (22-04-17), Glynne (22-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    fair play on the extra day off dont get me wrong i love me country most of time and dont mind royals but i fail to see the benefit with them. but yeaa good point they better than the politicians
    As brit says shes brings alot of money in tourisim. Shes more symbolic than anything now but still one of the most powerfull person on the planet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

British green (22-04-17), Dazmandaz (23-04-17), ERBURT (22-04-17), EyeEyePickle (25-04-17), ggotch (22-04-17), Glynne (22-04-17), M_C (22-04-17), TheDogsNutts (25-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,815 Times

The role of the monarchy in modern England is more symbolic and diplomatic than anything else. She has no real power like the royals used to. The main function she serves is diplomatic relations with other countries which is an unseen benefit but in truth her role is defunct and has been since we embraced democracy and parliament.

The queen herself doesn't bring in a lot of tourism but the pageantry does, Changing of the guard etc.
    First completed grow Timbos second attempt sour diesel auto
    Second completed grow Timbo goes critical
    Third completed grow - Rhino hunting on green crack

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo287 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo287 View Post
    The role of the monarchy in modern England is more symbolic and diplomatic than anything else. She has no real power like the royals used to. The main function she serves is diplomatic relations with other countries which is an unseen benefit but in truth her role is defunct and has been since we embraced democracy and parliament.

The queen herself doesn't bring in a lot of tourism but the pageantry does, Changing of the guard etc.
    As once a working man for queen and country. I can tell you that you are way wrong. As times have changed so as royal family but not one power the queen had other than the death penalty has been removed from her or a new king when we get one . They still have the power and do send us to war . We don't fight for the government but for queen and country. The government have to ask her to take us to war . She says ok we go . She still has the power to throw the government out. Although she doesn't use these very often doesn't not mean it has been removed from her . Mon Great Britain and Mon the queen and everyone whose worked one way or another for queen and country 😃

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

happyjack (25-04-17), joker_the_smoker (25-04-17), mrnice586 (25-04-17), M_C (25-04-17)

Thanks

I used to be proper aginst the monachy and was one of those who blamed them for my problems. But i did my research and people often foget about the commonwealth and the power that can bring. The commonwealth have contributed to world wars and fought alongside our nation in times of need. They arnt obligated to do so but do because they belive in the same values as we do.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

British green (25-04-17), M_C (25-04-17)

Thanks

Plus .. she projects alot of "soft power" for this nation which helps in trade etc and will be more inportant than ever when we leave the eu.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

British green (25-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrnice586 View Post
    Plus .. she projects alot of "soft power" for this nation which helps in trade etc and will be more inportant than ever when we leave the eu.

you bangin her by any chance kida

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (25-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,815 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    As once a working man for queen and country. I can tell you that you are way wrong. As times have changed so as royal family but not one power the queen had other than the death penalty has been removed from her or a new king when we get one . They still have the power and do send us to war . We don't fight for the government but for queen and country. The government have to ask her to take us to war . She says ok we go . She still has the power to throw the government out. Although she doesn't use these very often doesn't not mean it has been removed from her . Mon Great Britain and Mon the queen and everyone whose worked one way or another for queen and country 😃

I served in the Army for 8 years. So if you want to start throwing previous service around then go for it. The PM doesn't ask the queen to go to war as it's a delegated power. The queen can declare war but they don't go asking for permission before wading in. It is a vote in parliament.

Maybe it wasn't worded as eloquently as it should have been. While the queen retains the powers, in practice she does not use them and all decisions and powers have been delegated to judges and parliament. Which any way you look at it is a dilution of the monarchs powers.

I'm not anti monarchy but she is not as powerful and important as you're making her out to be

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timbo287 For This Useful Post:

British green (25-04-17), joker_the_smoker (25-04-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast